The London Horse Show

mhorses

Visit site
Not going. I went to Olympia every year my whole life - originally as a Christmas gift from my parents and then to myself. The day was part of almost an annual ritual which felt nostalgic and a bit magical. Sadly that was lost when it moved to the soulless excel. I can see how it is logistically easier to run the show there but it’s impossible to recreate that intense feeling there. I’m sure there are others out there who feel the same?
I have been to excel many times for other events btw.

Orangehorse

Visit site
I remember going on a coach to Olympia. We made good time and we were looking forward to having a good look round. Until we hit the traffic jam and it must have taken an hour to travel the last mile or so and only just got there in time for the start.

I would like to see it in its new home, so maybe think about it for next year.

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Can remember going once when I was younger, about 11, with my mum and her friend and the trains were all over the place, can remember being stood on that freezing cold platform (back when we had proper winters) for ages think we got in about 3 in the morning

WelshHoarder

Visit site
We’re going all day on the 19th - went last year for the first time in over 20 years and really enjoyed it, but it was logistically a bit challenging with a child on crutches! Thoroughly enjoyed it though, perhaps not quite the same intensity as Olympia, but the atmosphere was still brilliant, and the transport connections were a lot easier for us. Really looking forward to going this year, and being able to fully enjoy it without constantly worrying about the crutches…

canteron

Visit site
Much prefer the new venue - you feel more involved as you can see more of the horses and watch them warming up, as well.
Also, there is space to actually see the ‘shops’, I always used to find the old Olympia shopping venue a bit sad and down at heel, in a village hall jumble sale way. The new venue is nice and spacious and it’s easier to get your goodies to the car!!!!!!

suebou

Visit site
Coming from Scotland for Saturday night, staying at daughters in London with two others! All four of us going…..hoping for a fun afternoon/evening!

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Having been to the west, and to the north neither were great for training it in, especially for evening performances.

Bobthecob15

Visit site
Going on the 16th in the evening. Went last year to the same venue at Excel and it was fantastic, so much easier than when it was in central London. The new Elizabeth line stops right by the doors, can't wait!

Bobthecob15

Visit site
Much prefer the new venue - you feel more involved as you can see more of the horses and watch them warming up, as well.
Also, there is space to actually see the ‘shops’, I always used to find the old Olympia shopping venue a bit sad and down at heel, in a village hall jumble sale way. The new venue is nice and spacious and it’s easier to get your goodies to the car!!!!!!
Yes i agree seeing the warm up was fantastic and the shops were so much better spaced out

Nicnac

Visit site
I wasn't but now I am thanks to generous daughter. Friday evening as usual. Loved Excel last year. Olympia is, for me, a PITA to get to and find it rather claustrophobic. Excel is airy and preferred the shopping layout and the food selection was so much better. The sushi was great!

Bobthecob15

Visit site
I wasn't but now I am thanks to generous daughter. Friday evening as usual. Loved Excel last year. Olympia is, for me, a PITA to get to and find it rather claustrophobic. Excel is airy and preferred the shopping layout and the food selection was so much better. The sushi was great!
100% agree, I hope it stays there permanently after the original Olympia refurbishment finishes ?

TGM

Visit site
I’ve been to the show every year for over 30 years. My daughter has been every year of her life too, even when she was in the womb! I was sad initially when they changed the location from Olympia to the Excel but actually it was much easier to get to and more spacious. I think the atmosphere will improve a lot now we are out of Covid restrictions. We are going Sunday for the World Cup.

chaps89

Visit site
One of the horses I ride is jumping on the Friday, wish I was going! I’ve not been in a few years but always loved a nice dose of horsey Christmas - I just never think to ask for a ticket for my birthday present and by the time I remember in Nov/Dec the good tickets are gone and I don’t have any money for it anyway ? I also keep forgetting I’m not local anymore, so tricky to get to now! Have fun all that are going :)

Bobthecob15

Visit site
Ugh just seen the train strikes when we are going ? will have to drive now, we'd booked trains and were all set. So annoying...luckily there is parking but it's not cheap!