Pictures The Mustangs of Las Colinas (sculpture)

GreyMane

Visit site
What a great sculpture - the fountains work very well on photos. Irving, Texas

https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo/mustangs-of-las-colinas.html

lossy-page1-640px-View_of_the_%22Mustangs_of_Las_Colinas%22_sculpture_in_the_upscale_Las_Colinas_neighborhood_of_Irving%2C_Texas_LCCN2015630704.tif.jpg

HeresHoping

Visit site
I must tell you a lovely thing about those mustangs. They were created by my 'Uncle' Rob. Rob Glen, a renowned bronze sculpture artist. And when he was coming up with the plan he spent many days chasing my pony, Morning Star, around our field taking photographs to capture the head positions and the leg positions and the proportions. She was a bush pony with a bit of Arab, a bit of thoroughbred, and a bit of something else in her and he decided she was quite close in stature to the mustangs.

GreyMane

Visit site
I must tell you a lovely thing about those mustangs. They were created by my 'Uncle' Rob. Rob Glen, a renowned bronze sculpture artist. And when he was coming up with the plan he spent many days chasing my pony, Morning Star, around our field taking photographs to capture the head positions and the leg positions and the proportions. She was a bush pony with a bit of Arab, a bit of thoroughbred, and a bit of something else in her and he decided she was quite close in stature to the mustangs.

How wonderful! You must be proud of him. The more I read, the more impressive his work is. He's captured the action so beautifully. It's telling that he worked from looking and sketching not from photographs, I think the work is much stronger for this. You can always tell when someone's taken a quick snap and just reproduced it. He's got right under the skin of the animal and its behaviour. 47 models made from which he used nine! Bravo.

2 more links:
https://www.robertglenbronzes.com/

http://newsregisteronline.com/capturing-the-spirit-mustangs-of-las-colinas/

cobgoblin

Bugrit! Millennium hand and shrimp.
Visit site
A stunning piece of art!

Certainly puts some of the Turner Prize winners in their place.

[153312]

Visit site
That's exquisite.....I'd love a koi pond with something similar one day, horses jumping in /out down one side and a little wooden bridge over the other :)

GreyMane

Visit site
They are fabulous. Can't help wondering if she had seen the Robert Glen sculpture!

Sort of off topic, unless the topic can be "artists whose skill is phenomenal" - please can I add Rosie Sanders.
See "The Apple Book" ? (She has won 5 gold medals from the RHS).

In Japan, all these artists would be recognised as "National Treasures"