The post I didn't want to make - old thin pony :(

DuckToller

Visit site
This is the post I didn't expect to make, but I have to.

Old pony was pts today. Sue from Remus has written in more detail, if you are up to it, which she added to my first post.

For those who have followed his story, I am so sorry. We all wanted a happy ending, and it was for a few days, but he didn't get the spring and summer I had hoped.

Link to old post
frown.gif

Snowysadude

Visit site
frown.gif
Poor little pony, you did all you could for him so congratulations for that, at least he died having had the best few days of his life that he had for a long time from the sounds of it
smile.gif

Dolcé

Visit site
So sorry to read this LLewelyn. You did a great job getting him to a place of safety and at least he didn't die alone in fear and pain as he would have before you stepped in. I am sure he appreciated his few days of good food and company.

RIP Old Pony

charlimouse

Visit site
Oh no, RIP okkie, at least he had those happy last few days to enjoy being warm and well fed. He has suffered far less than he would have done if left, so Llewelyn don't feel downhearted, you gave that pony the happeist last few days he could possibly have had, and he died with dignity and in alot less pain than he would otherwise have done.

LauraWheeler

Visit site
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

I'm so so sorry. You did an amazing thing for that pony. I'm shore he will be forever greatful to you. You made his last days happy and as comfortable for him as you could and he did not have to suffer at the end. If he was still in that field who knows what he would be going through now. You are a wonderful person and should be proud of what you did for him when others turned a blind eye probably thinking he's just an old pony.
RIP little pony
and big ((((((((hugs))))))))) to you.

Ashleigh_

Visit site
R.I.P Okkie!

Bless his heart
frown.gif

Surely there is something we can all do on this forum to help raise money for the Remus Sanctuary.

Maybe we could all organize a HHO sponsored ride across the UK or something similar?
There's enough of us on here to make a difference!

hadfos

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Does the link work? He had fatty lipomas and lots of other health issues which Sue has mentioned.

[/ QUOTE ]
Poor little guy,have followed what you have done for this pony and think you are an amazing person
smile.gif
You did what you could and he spent his last few days in comfort,he is now out of pain and he has you to thank for that,rip little man!xx

DuckToller

Visit site
That's a lovely idea, Ashleigh - maybe we can sort something out. Not up to thinking much tonight, feeling a bit drained, but don't want him to die in vain, as Sue says.

Cash

Visit site
shocked.gif
frown.gif
Oh how upsetting
frown.gif

Well done though Llewelyn, you did a very kind thing. If it wasn't for you, he would have died in the field, and the poor old man would have found him dead. At least he had a good last few days.
frown.gif

RIP Okkie.

joeanne

Visit site
Llewelyn, Brighteyes post on the original thread says it all. You were the reason Okkie had a good few days, with company, fed and warm.
When the worst happened, he was in a place where he got prompt intervention that prevented him dying cold and alone in his field.
RIP Okkie. x

finkle

Visit site
I have just read the link and the post from Remus Sanctuary.

Just in that post you can tell that he was loved and wanted, it made me want to cry. Oh the joy he must of felt to see all the other horses and all the attention he had.

He died loved, wanted and admired and Llewllyn, hats off to you, people like you are the animals advocate. Without you his last days would have been awful. Run free at the Bridge Okkiexx

jaypeebee

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
He was 32, according to his owner.

[/ QUOTE ]
Poor thing having to endure such a life for so long. You did the right thing for the poor old man.

Zoobie

Visit site
I'm so so sorry to read this post at least Okkie had love and kindness warmth and food in his last days and thats thanks to you Llewelyn, RIP Okkie xxxx

Daffodil

Visit site
That is just so sad, but as everyone else has said, due to Llewelyn's prompt and determined action, he had a wonderful few days in warm loving surroundings and meeting new friends. What would have happened without her simply doesn't bear thinking about.

Mercifully, his suffering was shortlived and he died a much loved little pony. RIP Okkie.

JoJo_

Visit site
Thats very sad.
frown.gif
I have been reading your posts although I havent commented on any of them till now. At least his last few days were happier ones for him. Well done Llewelyn for doing that for him.

RIP Okkie.

Stinkywellies

Visit site
So so sad - at least his last few days were hapy ones surrounded by horses and a full tummy. I hate to think of what would have happened if it wasnt for the kindnest and determination of Llewellyn who saved him.

RIP Okkie

sleepingdragon10

Visit site
Oh that is very sad
frown.gif
Llewelyn, you should be very proud that your actions meant that Okkie didn't die alone in agony. I know this must be awful for you, but really, you did everything you could for this chap. Rip Okkie xxx