The post I didn't want to make - old thin pony :(

Hedgewitch13

Visit site
Moving him was the best thing for him, I don't think that had anything to do with his demise.

RIP Okkie. Thank god for your persistence Llwelyn, at least he knew warmth and kindness at the end xx

MochaDun

Visit site
So sorry to hear that news. Much better he was at the Sanctuary than to have been out in this awful weather dying a slow and painful death alone. RIP Okkie.

ISHmad

Visit site
I haven't posted on this before but did follow Okkie's story. You are a true horse lover Llewelyn and instead of just smacking your lips together or ranting on a Forum you actually did something to truly help this lovely boy.

You are obviously feeling very sad which is utterly understandable. But equally you saved him from a potentially lingering and horrendous death. He knew love, kindness, security, comfort and warmth in his last few days on this earth. YOU made that happen for him, and I hope that gives you comfort in the end.

Janesomerset

Visit site
We had to have our old pony put to sleep for the same reason back in 2000. It would have been terrible for Okkie if he had still been alone and suffering in a freezing field. I am sure he would thank Llewelyn for helping him find comfort and sanctuary. So sad it wasn't for longer. Run free, Okkie. XX

alwaysbroke

Visit site
QR Llewelyn you did so much for Okkie, its because of you he was able to spend his last day in comfort with the care he deserved, and his passing was quick.
Very sad to be reading this post, but as Sue from Remus says perhaps some good can come from this, if more people can be made aware of the work of Remus and why they are needed.
RIP Okkie xx

3Beasties

Visit site
Oh no, that's so sad
frown.gif

RIP Okkie
frown.gif

At least he had a few days being pampered.

m3gan

Visit site
R.I.P Okie.

You did the very best for him, and as others have already posted he was in the best place and had all the care he could possibly wished for.

How are the old owners coping with the news?

I also am in agreement that it would be a great opportunity for us forum users to help raise some money for Remus. If there is anything I can do please PM me.

russianhorse

Visit site
Oh thats terribly sad news
frown.gif
- poor Okkie RIP xx

Thank you Llewelyn for at least giving him a happy few days, and for giving him the chance to die quickly and respectfully

catdragon

Visit site
Llewelyn, you are a total saint and the fact you stood up for that pony and did your very best for him is credit to you. You sound like a lovely lady and I for one am glad that little Okkie was given a chance. It truly sounds like you could do no more than you did, and I truly empathise with you for your loss. The world would be a much better place if there were more kind hearted people who take action when needed like you.

RIP Okkie, run free wee man

(((HUGS))) to all those who cared for him and made his last days the best they could be.

Theresa_F

Visit site
So sad, but he ended in a place well fed and warm. I had a nice email from Remus when I donated saying how he was and am now going to take them a huge pile of books, dvds etc for their sales as soon as the snow clears up.

As said in my earlier posts, they were one of the charities who offered to help my friend with his old mare, something the largers ones were not, hence I prefer to support these smaller charities now.

TicTac

Visit site
Such a shame but as said, at least, if nothing else his last few days were comfortable. Well done to Llewelyn and Remus for making that possible. RIP old man xx

debsflo

Visit site
oh no how very sad.i am just thankful he wasnt alone in a cold field when he died and also that the old man who owned him didnt have to deal with finding him.do you know how they are ?.you should feel very proud of yourself though for your kind actions.rip okkie.

SVMel

Visit site
So sorry to hear this, but am so glad he had some nice final days. Thanks to you Llewelyn for saving him from a more terrible time, and Remus for taking him on and making him comfortable. The world needs more people like you xxxxxx

Bearsmum

Visit site
So sad he didn't last a bit longer, but if you hadn't have helped him he would probably have endured a slow painful death in the field. He had a final few happy days and went peacefully. Again well done you for helping when others appear to have walked on by.

JDx

Sarah B

community.webshots.com
How terribly sad, I am sobbing as we speak. Okkie touched the hearts of all of those who followed his story. Llewellyn you (and Remus) were truly fabulous for helping him and ensuring his last days were happy ones. Hate to think what might have happened if he had spent his last days cold and alone in that field.

Thoughts with you all and I am sure Okkie running free in horsey heaven and pointing you out to his new friends xx

ElvisandTilly

Visit site
Very sad news. RIP Okkie. Llewelyn, you ensured Okkie didn't die a sad cold death. He had food, warmth, love and company before he went over to rainbow bridge and I am sure he is more than thankful for these few days he had. Thanks to Remus Sanctuary too for taking Okkie in. xx