The Shetlands from N.I.

millikins

Visit site
https://scontent-lhr8-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=1efda88a62bdef7b481e9e6179eedd76&oe=5FE08726

Sorry can only post as a link, can anyone turn it into a picture?

They arrived in the dark on Mon evening, been travelling since Sun morning and poor little things had never travelled before. The black one, who's a bit of a "bogof" though I paid for her, took 24 hrs to decide her most important issue is to never miss out on anything that anyone might be doing, she's delightful even though she wouldn't win a beauty contest :)
The dun had me worried, she was just totally shut down, she'd eat and drink but was exhausted and panting much of the time. If she hadn't improved I was going to get the vet but this morning she looked much happier, prepared to graze more than 3 ft from the black one and even had a roll, so I think she'll be fine.
I am delighted with them, they are Lily (black) and Flower.

Visit site
Terrible photo I know....but this is another Shetland from Northern Ireland. His registered name is Kilshane Pauper. Unfortunately I have almost zero knowledge of Shetland bloodlines.

Millikins I hope you have lots of fun with your new friends, they look lovely.

Your lad has good bloodlines on both sides but I am guessing they were going for a big palamino when they crossed a large standard stallion to a mini mare. The sires side is Bincombe and Netherley - proper old school lines you don't see any more. The mother is old Scottish mini lines - Firth Glenclova was one of my fav minis up here!

millikins

Visit site
Terrible photo I know....but this is another Shetland from Northern Ireland. His registered name is Kilshane Pauper. Unfortunately I have almost zero knowledge of Shetland bloodlines.

Millikins I hope you have lots of fun with your new friends, they look lovely.
Thank you Cumbriamax, He's a handsome boy. I too have little knowledge of Shetland bloodlines, my black mare has lots of Wells in her pedigree and I know they are well thought of. I want to drive mine, and they come from driving stock so how "good" their breeding is is less important although I'll do some in hand showing with them to get them out and about.

Wheels

Visit site
Aww, they are lovely

I have a magheradartin pony too, Winactor although I call him Winston. He is the sweetest wee dude! I met Magheradartin Beeswax when i was buying Winston who is now one of the grand national ponies, your wee one might be from the same line.

millikins

Visit site
Aww, they are lovely

I have a magheradartin pony too, Winactor although I call him Winston. He is the sweetest wee dude! I met Magheradartin Beeswax when i was buying Winston who is now one of the grand national ponies, your wee one might be from the same line.

Beeswax is her daddy :)

cumbriamax

Visit site
Your lad has good bloodlines on both sides but I am guessing they were going for a big palamino when they crossed a large standard stallion to a mini mare. The sires side is Bincombe and Netherley - proper old school lines you don't see any more. The mother is old Scottish mini lines - Firth Glenclova was one of my fav minis up here!

Thank you for your reply. It's good to hear from someone with Shetland knowledge. There are two Shetland breeders near us Mawbray ( suffix "of Mawbray") and Lotuspoint Shetlands. Pauper is a cheeky character.

cumbriamax

Visit site
Thank you Cumbriamax, He's a handsome boy. I too have little knowledge of Shetland bloodlines, my black mare has lots of Wells in her pedigree and I know they are well thought of. I want to drive mine, and they come from driving stock so how "good" their breeding is is less important although I'll do some in hand showing with them to get them out and about.

Pauper is a really good driving pony and totally unflappable.I'm sure your two will make great driving ponies. You will have to keep the forum updated on their progress!

Visit site
Aww, they are lovely

Special Edition is by Beeswax, Beeswax is by Elector Of Annwood - Winactor is by Elector so your ponies are related.

Special Edition's mother is Splendid Lady's grandmother so Millikins your 2 are related to each other quite closely.

Some Wells lines are very sought after - the older and rarer they are the more they are wanted. Wells Vijay and Wells Fiona were 2 of the studs best ponies of their day.

Marshwood ponies were good, stocky ponies as were Netherley ponies - still lines sought after today even though the originals are dead and are no longer bred.

millikins

Visit site
Special Edition is by Beeswax, Beeswax is by Elector Of Annwood - Winactor is by Elector so your ponies are related.

Special Edition's mother is Splendid Lady's grandmother so Millikins your 2 are related to each other quite closely.

Some Wells lines are very sought after - the older and rarer they are the more they are wanted. Wells Vijay and Wells Fiona were 2 of the studs best ponies of their day.

Marshwood ponies were good, stocky ponies as were Netherley ponies - still lines sought after today even though the originals are dead and are no longer bred.

Wow, do you remember all this or have access to the stud books? I knew mine were closely related, I've sent their passports off to the Society so not yet familiarised with all the other ponies in the pedigree. I'm pleased to know Flower/Special Edition has a relative owned by a fellow HHOer.