The Tessy bear BOGOF thread

tessybear

Visit site
For the up and coming days/weeks i shall keep all of my updates on this thread so not to annoy people:) I will be posting lots of pictures and i hope that again doesn't drive people potty but i would have loved to know Tessy Bears mum and foal pictures so this is a way of making memories for whoever eventually is sold Mini T when the time comes.

So I’m not quite sure how far gone she is at the moment :eek: so we will call this day 1 of the 2 weeks to avoid confusion :D

Day 1:

Well the snow that threatened us this morning vanished and the day turned out to be beautiful and got to a very hot 5 degrees:cool: i know what you are thinking... SUN:eek::eek: what is that?:D Hopefully the sign of spring will be with us soon and i hope so do not want Mini T going out in snow :) We pottered across the road today on the lead rope to a lovely big verge owned by the council and did a bit of in hand grazing whilst mum walked the dogs up and down the dike beside of us, after grazing for a good 20 minutes we returned home where we took her rug off:D she didn't melt, vanish, combust or shrink so all is good :cool:

Then she was brought back in after a good 4 hours in the field and bedded down in a sparkly clean stable with a large haynet and some tea:) I sat with her for a good hour and took some photos, watched Mini T have a disco in her belly and got farted at :rolleyes: Tess is starting to look fed up and has turned round to nibble her sides sometimes when Mini T is in the middle of doing gangham style.

Not long I suppose so here is todays token photos :)
this is the HOW THE HELL COULD WE NOT TELL SHE WAS PREGNANT ?!? photo:eek:
n6z80y.jpg

The im still stunning photo:
av1xte.jpg

Kisses !
34zwxfb.jpg

and the Tess has just farted very loudly prior to taking photo :D
2iibjew.jpg

Im so excited now just like you all said.... terrified yes... The "nursery" is on the go we have penned the field off and tried to foal proof it :cool:

redmone

Visit site
Been quietly following your threads, as I am not in a position to advise, but wanted to say massive congratulations!!!!

I know foalie wasn't planned but the best things in life often aren't!! Now get working on your dad to keep the little one! :) xxx

Bertolie

Visit site
I am going to be hooked on this thread! I am glad to hear you have gotten over the initial shock of having a mini T.....enjoy every minute as I'm sure the time will fly by.

Looking forward to reading updates.

tessybear

Visit site
Aww can't wait to see the mini!!

Me neither now :D exciting i mean it could of been with a fresian/shire/cob but most likely knowing our luck she would have got in with a donkey :D:cool:

Wow she is rather big! (In a lovely way of course) And stunning as ever :) Good luck with it all!
She is mahhooosive dont worry i agree :eek:, thank you lovely :)

Been quietly following your threads, as I am not in a position to advise, but wanted to say massive congratulations!!!!

I know foalie wasn't planned but the best things in life often aren't!! Now get working on your dad to keep the little one! :) xxx

Thank you lovely :D, it took us 5 years to beg for a dog... this may take a lot of crocodile tears:p

tessybear

Visit site
I am going to be hooked on this thread! I am glad to hear you have gotten over the initial shock of having a mini T.....enjoy every minute as I'm sure the time will fly by.

Looking forward to reading updates.

aw thank you :) nice to see so many people care ! I will update every day if i can do if not every other day :D

tessybear

Visit site
Great idea to start this thread, congratulations, and I hope all goes smoothly :)

Just keeps things together and something easily e-mailed to the person who will eventually become Mini T's new owners :( Thank you i have everything crossed it goes smoothly x

redmone

Visit site
Yes but a home born foal is a member of the family!! Just do "big eyes" as my daughter calls them, and say "you kept ME so we must keep our baby foal" :)

lurcher98

Visit site
HBM1
She is already quite pointy, are you sure you have 2 weeks to go? Good luck with it all!
I was just looking and thinking the same!! Good luck

tessybear

Visit site
HBM1
She is already quite pointy, are you sure you have 2 weeks to go? Good luck with it all!
I was just looking and thinking the same!! Good luck

Probably not we will never known when she concieved so it's a guessing game she has dropped quite a bit over the past day or so :eek:

tessybear

Visit site
Oh WOW! That V-shaped belly is definitely a tell-tale sign of days rather than weeks.... especially with her saggy bottom (said in the nicest possible way! :p)

Oh lawd, she better give way this weekend while we are all off :eek: and our Amazon order of books better get here :eek::eek: headless chicken mode again ?:p

Shysmum

www.youtube.com
She is gorgeous - and very lucky to have found her way to you Abbey. Fate has had a big hand in this ;)

I can see this thread going off the scale with the number of views it's going to get ! 36,000 and counting ! hahaha !! Tess is a STAR !

Last edited:

Antw23uk

Visit site
Am i missing something? Who what where? Is she new? Is she yours? Whats her story? :confused:

You cant surely start a BOGOF thread with pics and not have the full story? :eek:

_GG_

Visit site
What a lovely thread:)

I will be following this with lots of hope for everything going smoothly for you all. My guess is she'll drop on Monday night...just before you have to actually get up and do something the following day :eek:

indie999

Visit site
I am already following and am waiting too. Will be checking in for an update regularly. She looks pregnantly superb and another cobby into the world very soon..ooooh exciting.

tessybear

Visit site
She is gorgeous - and very lucky to have found her way to you Abbey. Fate has had a big hand in this ;)

I can see this thread going off the scale with the number of views it's going to get ! 36,000 and counting ! hahaha !! Tess is a STAR !

Thank you lovely :) well goodness knows what could have happened if she had gone to someone who couldn't financially afford a youngster :(

:p Tess has her own little fan base now :)

Am i missing something? Who what where? Is she new? Is she yours? Whats her story? :confused:

You cant surely start a BOGOF thread with pics and not have the full story? :eek:

eeeek see the getting the vet thread :) says everything on there :)

What a lovely thread:)

I will be following this with lots of hope for everything going smoothly for you all. My guess is she'll drop on Monday night...just before you have to actually get up and do something the following day :eek:

Thank you means so much to have support :), oh no it will be Tuesday back to school, 6am and i will probably faint with suprise :D

That was my thought, it looks sooner! Good luck with everything.

Thank you lovely !

Ant - see the thread "getting the vet out" - 36,000 views nearly - 10 pages, and lots of very broody ladies getting very excited ;)
:D :D :D
I am already following and am waiting too. Will be checking in for an update regularly. She looks pregnantly superb and another cobby into the world very soon..ooooh exciting.

Ah thank you lovely :) Oh she is fit to pop ! Mum has got her head round it all and went all googly eyed at Mini T kicking about :)

Coblover63

Visit site
Don't know if anyone else has warned you, don't be upset if Tessy gets protective or her baby and turns a bit nasty for a few days.... it's all perfectly natural and means her hormones are working correctly... and it doesn't last. She will come back to you within a couple of weeks so don't try to force things. It doesn't mean that she doesn't love you anymore!!! Just try to make sure you are never positioned between her and the baby in the first couple of weeks.

tessybear

Visit site
Don't know if anyone else has warned you, don't be upset if Tessy gets protective or her baby and turns a bit nasty for a few days.... it's all perfectly natural and means her hormones are working correctly... and it doesn't last. She will come back to you within a couple of weeks so don't try to force things. It doesn't mean that she doesn't love you anymore!!! Just try to make sure you are never positioned between her and the baby in the first couple of weeks.

Oh no , no vet has wanred us but we already had an idea she might :) Its normal i think as humans we are protective anyway its natural :) We have all the time in the world do things nice and slowly and at their pace

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
I'm terribly excited - weird because I don't know you at all :D I too have been following with interest and actually checked my phone as soon as I came out of my meeting in Birmingham yesterday to see if there was any news and then on the train on the way home. :eek:

There is something really special and lovely about a new life coming into the world.

Will definitely be following this - Tessy looks like a lovely mare and I can't wait to see Mini T :)

tessybear

Visit site
I'm terribly excited - weird because I don't know you at all :D I too have been following with interest and actually checked my phone as soon as I came out of my meeting in Birmingham yesterday to see if there was any news and then on the train on the way home. :eek:

There is something really special and lovely about a new life coming into the world.

Will definitely be following this - Tessy looks like a lovely mare and I can't wait to see Mini T :)

:D i cannot even start to tell you how important and vital it has been that you guys care and are here for support and advice. restores my faith in the horsey community :) x

Well that's it an easter baby we dont know the sire so its going to be a total suprise,

Thank you once again x