The thread of all Olympic Threads

teapot

Visit site
Thought I'd provide my services again re times, teams, results etc and will keep adding as these begin to appear.

First up is the Eventing:

Friday 26th July - Eventing first horse inspection, with drawn order to follow. Subsitutions can be made up to two hours before the first dressage test.
Saturday 27th July at 8.30am UK time (9.30am Paris time) - Eventing dressage - . Note only one day of dressage with a shortened test.
Sunday 28th July at 9.30am UK time - Eventing cross country
Monday 29th July at 7am UK time - Eventing second trot up
Monday 29th July at 10am UK time - Eventing show jumping (team)
Monday 29th July at 2pm - Eventing show jumping (individual, top 25)
Medals ceremony to follow.

Current list of eventing teams and reserves can be found here: https://inside.fei.org/system/files/Paris 2024 OG_Eventing Definite Entries List_V2_0.pdf

Team GB Eventing team is currently Ros Canter with Lordships Graffalo, Laura Collet with London 52, and Tom McKewen with JL Dublin. Reserve is Yasmin Ingham with Banzai Du Loir.

Then the week moves between dressage and show jumping:

Tuesday 30th July at 9am UK time - Dressage Grand Prix; 1st Team & Individual Qualifier (30 starters)
Wednesday 31st July at 9am UK time - Dressage Grand Prix; 1st Team & Individual Qualifier (30 starters)
Thursday 1st August at 10am UK time - Show Jumping – Team Qualifier (20 teams/60 starters)
Friday 2nd August at 10am UK time - Show Jumping – Team Final and medal ceremony (ten teams/30 starters)
Saturday 3rd August at 9am UK time - Dressage – Grand Prix Special, Team Final, and medal ceremony (30 starters)
Sunday 4th August at 9am UK time - Dressage – Grand Prix Freestyle, and individual medal ceremony (18 starters)
Monday 5th August at 1pm UK time - Show Jumping - Individual Qualifier (75 starters)
Tuesday 6th August at 9am UK time Show Jumping – Individual Final and individual medal ceremony (30 starters)

Current show jumping entries: https://inside.fei.org/system/files/Paris 2024 OG_Jumping Definite Entries List_V1.pdf
Current dressage entries: https://inside.fei.org/system/files/Paris 2024 OG_Dressage Definite Entries List V1.pdf

Team GB SJ team is currently Scott Brash with Hello Jefferson, Ben Maher with Point Break, and Harry Charles with Romeo 88. Reserve is Joe Stockdale with Equine America Cacharel
Team GB Dressage team is currently Carl Hester with Fame, Charlote DJ with Imhotep, and Lottie Fry with Glamourdale. Reserve is Becky Moody with Jagerbomb.

For the true nerds, the Ground Jury info can be found here: https://inside.fei.org/system/files/Paris2024 - ITOs- 08 April 2024.pdf
Rules and info: https://inside.fei.org/system/files/Paris2024-240708-Guide-TL-Equestrian-17-07-24 - 14h30.pdf

Viewing wise:

From what I remember from Tokyo the BBC had limited full coverage of the dressage and show jumping, and instead dipped in and out when things got exciting etc. The eventing may have a better chance, however it clashes with the first weekend of the rest of the Olympics so channel space will be limited. Your best bet is for £3.99 is to subscribe to Discovery+ for the month only (and you can cancel it straight away) for unlimited and uninterrupted Olympic coverage (I've already paid and cancelled so am ready to go!).

Also, I doubt the trot ups will be televised unlike other events, so don't panic if you can't find them!

Eight days to go 🤩🥳

Last edited:

MyBoyChe

Visit site
Thanks Teapot. Do you know the answer to this. With the discovery subs, can you view on catch up. Ill be at work for most of the televised times during the week so hoping to watch on catch up! Does it work like that do you know, although £4 isnt bad for a weekend of eventing :)

teapot

Visit site
Thanks Teapot. Do you know the answer to this. With the discovery subs, can you view on catch up. Ill be at work for most of the televised times during the week so hoping to watch on catch up! Does it work like that do you know, although £4 isnt bad for a weekend of eventing :)

I seem to remember you can as I definitely watched stuff after the event in Toyko because of the time difference. That said, it's anyone's guess how these companies work!

teapot

Visit site
Just seen this re BBC coverage:

The BBC will broadcast a maximum of two live streams of Olympics action at any one time from Saturday, 27 July to the final day of the Games on Sunday, 11 August.
In addition to the main coverage on BBC One or Two, there will be an Olympics Extra channel available on BBC iPlayer, Red Button and online

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/articles/c0krn1k4wlzo

So I think if you're 100% committed to wanting equestrian coverage, probably best to head to Discovery+ :)

teapot

Visit site
@doodle if you click up sign up on their home page, it comes up like below:

Screenshot 2024-07-18 at 20.41.42.png

If you've already got an account, log in, and then go to subscribe, and something similar should appear :)

Hollychops

Visit site
I have found a note on the Discovery site that says if you want to watch the Olympics you need the standard package at £6.99
I have contacted them for confirmation and will let you all know the answer

ETA: Ooops, just seen above that the Standard is reduced..Doh!!!!

pistolpete

Visit site
Signed up and also ticked box to say discontinue account in four weeks. Have some nice trash 90 day fiance as a bonus! 🤣. Thank you again Teapot

94lunagem

Visit site
My parents have TNT sports with their Sky package so I need to work out how to get them signed into Discovery. I’m most interested in the dressage and eventing so I plan to spend a couple of weekends camped out on their sofa. If I’m lucky they might feed me…! 🤣

I like the gymnastics and diving too, which should be mainstream enough to catch on BBC.