The thread of all Olympic Threads

Old school

Visit site
The French really set the tone with their equestrian venue. Watching Dublin Horse Show Nations Cup. It looks shamefully jaded and arena is patchy looking. I was wondering why I never noticed before. Then remembered Versailles was the last competition viewing on the TV here. The contrast is stark.

Reactions: TGM

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
Visit site
The French really set the tone with their equestrian venue. Watching Dublin Horse Show Nations Cup. It looks shamefully jaded and arena is patchy looking. I was wondering why I never noticed before. Then remembered Versailles was the last competition viewing on the TV here. The contrast is stark.
I was in Dublin yesterday for RDS and it was terrific. It’s a very different vibe to Versailles having done both but I love RDS for a brilliant day out. The riders are very assessable as well, the 16yo kid I took got Laura Colletts, Ben Maher and Jodi Hall Mcteer autographs and very rare to be able to do that.

Escapade

Visit site
The H&C feed does look very washed out. It looked great on my telly, and I have to admit my front garden is a lot more patchy 😂
I believe the stands are due a refurb in the coming months anyway, but it is a very different kind of show to a pop-up arena as was at Versailles.

Old school

Visit site
It is in need of some TLC. It is a great show. Amazing atmosphere, but looking on the TV, it just does not translate. Just an observation. I hope it gets a facelift. I hope it stays in Dublin.

The groundskeeper in Aviva (about 1400 meters away) has the pitch in amazing condition on the TV with lots of matches and the odd concert.

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
Visit site
It is in need of some TLC. It is a great show. Amazing atmosphere, but looking on the TV, it just does not translate. Just an observation. I hope it gets a facelift. I hope it stays in Dublin.

The groundskeeper in Aviva (about 1400 meters away) has the pitch in amazing condition on the TV with lots of matches and the odd concert.
The ground was good…. I was there watching it all. I have also gone back to watch the main feed for the sjing and it looks good….

You can click on the little video cameras to watch rounds again for free. It was a grey day with rain and then sun would come out. So probably didn’t help.

oldie48

Visit site
Briefly back to the Olympics, I had tickets for all four days of the dressage and was in Paris for a week. We managed to get to the Palace of Versailles, spending a day there and walking absolutely miles in the gardens, visiting the Petit Trianon etc. We had a nice lunch there too as we needed a sit down in a cool place. It was very hot! We also went to the Urban Concorde at the Place de la Concorde, watched a demo of break dancing and some stuff on bicycles and skate boarders having some practice. Did some window shopping in the very expensive shops in the area too! It was absolutely exhausting though and despite thinking we'd eat out every night we stayed in our apartment, had a shower, put on PJs and ate from the fridge on several evenings. I needed a rest when we got home having averaged nearly 17,000 steps each day.

Bobthecob15

Visit site
Briefly back to the Olympics, I had tickets for all four days of the dressage and was in Paris for a week. We managed to get to the Palace of Versailles, spending a day there and walking absolutely miles in the gardens, visiting the Petit Trianon etc. We had a nice lunch there too as we needed a sit down in a cool place. It was very hot! We also went to the Urban Concorde at the Place de la Concorde, watched a demo of break dancing and some stuff on bicycles and skate boarders having some practice. Did some window shopping in the very expensive shops in the area too! It was absolutely exhausting though and despite thinking we'd eat out every night we stayed in our apartment, had a shower, put on PJs and ate from the fridge on several evenings. I needed a rest when we got home having averaged nearly 17,000 steps each day.
Haha I did 16000 the day we went to the dressage 😂