The Wilson's racehorses

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Red Happy having his 23rd start of the year today....

D'Jango run 17

It's not like he's a sprinter where this may be reasonable he's a staying chaser

Why are the authorities allowing the entries? Doesn't it flag up how often a horse has run?

Red Happy is only 5 years old wonder if he will stand up to retirement...

I thought DP was a trainer who cared about his horses he often updates on his retirees... I guess unfortunately Money talks loudest

Last edited:

ShowjumpingPrincess

Visit site
Abaya du Mathan on 21 starts for the year, Dindin on 22. Both also owned by the Wilsons. Bare in mind Abaya made this many starts even with a wind surgery halfway through the season (and is 10 years old?!). I can't even imagine how those horses' legs look... no summer/winter break, hammering over the rock hard summer tracks and running a week after falling.

How is this allowed to happen? Surely just a matter of time before something tragic occurs, I'm sure there will then be plenty of outcry but by then it will be all too late :/

That said, Mr Wilson doesn't exactly seem the most pleasant of human beings... I don't expect those with such horrific attitudes to fellow humans to have much empathy towards a poor animal. https://metro.co.uk/2018/01/15/raci...loureds-sues-youtuber-calling-racist-7229806/

bonny

Visit site
Abaya du Mathan on 21 starts for the year, Dindin on 22. Both also owned by the Wilsons. Bare in mind Abaya made this many starts even with a wind surgery halfway through the season (and is 10 years old?!). I can't even imagine how those horses' legs look... no summer/winter break, hammering over the rock hard summer tracks and running a week after falling.

How is this allowed to happen? Surely just a matter of time before something tragic occurs, I'm sure there will then be plenty of outcry but by then it will be all too late :/

That said, Mr Wilson doesn't exactly seem the most pleasant of human beings... I don't expect those with such horrific attitudes to fellow humans to have much empathy towards a poor animal. https://metro.co.uk/2018/01/15/raci...loureds-sues-youtuber-calling-racist-7229806/
What a poor excuse for a human being

ShowjumpingPrincess

Visit site
And I completely missed poor Al Roc who (at age 11) has made 25 starts this year. And just incase he hadn't worked hard enough was sent over the National fences in November for the Grand Sefton?!

Raced again a week later and looked like he was about to keel over (as he has in all his starts since).

I can't possibly fathom what they are gaining out of watching these horses gasp their way over their fences, and occaisional bring in some small prize money in the weaker races? Some of these were once really promising, quality horses.

j1ffy

Visit site
Those poor horses. Yes, racing should stop them running but also the trainers need to stand up to an owner like that. I can understand how smaller trainers would struggle to do so as they're probably scraping a living together, but someone like DP should absolutely be able to do so.

As for that story in the Metro, what a vile man. It's depressing to know such dinosaurs still exist, although there are plenty of them in the horse world sadly.

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Looks like Al Roc has been lucky enough to get out safely and has been retired

They have enough horses, often having many in a race - why not spread them out a bit to let them rest? Rotate them, so if they're that keen to have a runner, there's one available without the need to flog them.

Felt sorry for If the Cap fits - he'd won a lot for his previous owners, yet gets sent to the sales - he'd clearly started to lose interest and could have been given an honourable retirement but instead is sent to the sales, first start for new connections (the Wilson's) and he's killed.

Also noticed lots of DP horses seem to run in blinkers, wonder if their need for them links to how often they're running and some have become sour.

Surely the BHA or DP need to step in with these horses, it's not going to look good if one collapses from exhaustion. Red Happy didn't have bad form earlier in the season but has completely tailed off - perhaps because he's exhausted and needs a break?

Can't believe RH is only 5, his racing post record looks like that of a 10 year old. Wonder how long he will last.

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Run 18 or 19 for Django who struggled for the whole of circuit one before finally pulling up. Please don't tell me they made him keep jumping tailed off until by the stands

Perhaps running him constantly has broken his spirit?

Maddie Moo

Visit site
Run 18 or 19 for Django who struggled for the whole of circuit one before finally pulling up. Please don't tell me they made him keep jumping tailed off until by the stands

Perhaps running him constantly has broken his spirit?

I though he was being pulled up coming into the home straight but the commentator didn’t mention him pulling up until they went out onto the second circuit.

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
I though he was being pulled up coming into the home straight but the commentator didn’t mention him pulling up until they went out onto the second circuit.

I thought he'd be pulled up when he disappeared out of shot (at the top of the home straight?) But the commentator like you say said when they went out in the 2nd circuit, really hope that wasn't the case as he was tailed off way before then

Gamebird

Visit site
Willie Mullins managed to win 6 out of 7 races at Leapordstown today.
And the winner of the one he didn't win was one of his ex-horses. He also had a winner and two seconds from 3 runners at Limerick.

Very impressed by Dysart Dynamo over fences - he was pretty suicidal over hurdles. Let's hope everything stays sound until the spring and the Arkle might be the race of the festival. Assuming he goes that route and not the Turners. We probably won't know until 48hrs before :p

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Not been watching today as out but see 2 were killed in the same race just now - Three Stripe Life and Unexpected Depth.

Unexpected sounds a sickening breakdown

TheMule

Visit site
Not been watching today as out but see 2 were killed in the same race just now - Three Stripe Life and Unexpected Depth.

Unexpected sounds a sickening breakdown

I'm not watching racing again- watching that poor horse's leg shatter to pieces and his desperate attempts to pull himself up at top speed was sickening.
I know it can happen to them out in the field etc etc, but it is far, far too frequent in racing and I can’t stomach it.

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
I'm not watching racing again- watching that poor horse's leg shatter to pieces and his desperate attempts to pull himself up at top speed was sickening.
I know it can happen to them out in the field etc etc, but it is far, far too frequent in racing and I can’t stomach it.

Deleted as it's not worth it

Last edited:

bonny

Visit site
Ended up seeing it, that poor horse, the way he kept trying to run on but his leg was almost bent double, yet still he tried to keep going. It didn't look like his jockey was trying that hard to pull him up either, or get off him, yet I've been on one that went 3 legged after merely banging himself on a jump, it was that bad I thought he'd broken down - surely the jockey must have felt it?! I know sometimes adrenaline keeps them trying to run, but surely do everything in your power to pull the poor thing up, usually they do.

Dare I say 3SL trainer given who he is, probably doesn't even care...

Looks like another was killed in another race, who'd only ran 2 days ago...
You went out deliberately to watch those two horses get fatal injuries and then thought it was ok to insult one of the jockeys and Gordon Elliot. Nice.

bonny

Visit site
Ah ignore bonny, she does it deliberately.
Does what deliberately ? I was shocked that anyone would hear a horse had a horrible accident in a race and then went out of their way to watch it, let alone the comments about the jockeys actions and the feelings of Gordon Elliot.
Most people I would have thought wouldn’t have wanted to watch the horse break his leg let alone be looking toblame his connections. This whole thread is just becoming ghoulish.