The worst thing I have forgotten is...

Quadro

Visit site
forgotten my boots and my mother offer to buy a new pair 4 us but as all they had was tredstep gaiters and brogini boots it wasnt cheap!!! but they never turned up on her card statement so i love them evem more now
smile.gif

Pasha

Visit site
I forgot my saddle once and had to despatch Dad to get it! He wasn't best pleased, I missed my time and by the time he'd got back, all the classes had finished! Oops!

lillie07

Visit site
My saddle.

Ended up doing a open HT at Tweseldown with my instructors son's 12.2hh Section A's suede show saddle that she had in the back of her car.....

Was interesting
crazy.gif
laugh.gif

Bossanova

Visit site
I have forgotten numerous things- most memorable was my stirrups at a PC show and I had to do everything without- my parents were SO cross
blush.gif

I also forgot to take my sj jacket to an AI event where I did dressage in my tail coat then realised you cant sj in a tail coat. I had to borrow one. On the same theme, I forgot my spurs at a 2* and had to borrow some from a very kind pro rider in the warm-up as theyre required for FEI.
I regularly forget my bridle, saddle, hat etc but I noe know to keep spares of everything in the lorry!

Shrimp

Visit site
At the beginning of last season, I went to a hunter trial in preparating for the event and didnt really prepare in the same as I would do for an event.
Anyway, I'd forgot my hat and body protector
blush.gif
Luckily managed to divert via home as we left the yard and picked up my old hat which didnt really fit and my bodyprotector which was still in the wardrobe.
When we got there and I was getting ready, I realised I didnt have my medical armband and the riding club was being really picky about them. So, mum cam up with the ingenious idea of using the cardboard packaging of the packet of biscuits, writing basic details on it, and taping it to my arm using electrical tape
crazy.gif

Got to the warm up and had a tack check as the person before me left the start box. Checker even said 'oh yes you've got your armband' (blind or what?!) Mum said 'hurry up and get in the start box before they notice!'
grin.gif
So we got away with it, needless to say we checked alot more carefully before events that year!
grin.gif

kirstyhen

mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk
Forgot my bit once, I had taken my bridle apart to clean it, put it back together, but left my bit soaking.

Forgot my Hat once too, my Mum had been left in charge of packing at home whilst I got the horse ready, she remebered everything but the hat. I had to borrow one, and although it was the right size, it was the wrong shape for my head, and by the time I got off I had a stinking headache! Needless to say, she has never been allowed to forget it, and the hat is the first thing to be packed!

When I first got Henry, we didn't have a trailer so I used to hack to the local show. Would hack in my scruffs and my Parents would bring everything in the car. We live near Donington Racetrack, and one weekend the MotoGP coincided with my show, the roads were gridlocked. I had to scrounge everything to wear (luckily I had jods and boots!) and ended up doing WH in a tiny jacket, that I was terrified to fldl properly in as I thought it might rip!!
The most irritating things was, I had been rushed in by the steward, but there were still 3 or 4 to go after me, guess who turned up just as I left the ring...
mad.gif
grin.gif
Luckily I had gone clear, so got to wear my proper jacket for the show
grin.gif

Weezy

Visit site
I forgot my bridle, or rather I picked the wrong one up! I am not sure what happened but I ended up having to SJ in my old bridle with no noseband and the wrong bit that we only just managed to make fit the horse
crazy.gif

Tarryho

New User
Visit site
Both dressage and jumping saddles when I turned up an event about an hour and half away - had to phone my very understanding husband to go and find them at the yard and try to direct him to the event, he got there just in time for me to warm up for my dressage - I had a very big blonde moment that morning!

Llanali

Visit site
A little different, but a testament to father's incredible trailer driving skills...

I left my stud kit- with it's multiple types etc. probably at an estimation over £50 of studs, on the mud guard/wheel guard of the trailer.....Dad drove all the way down pot holed drive, along country lanes, along the bypass, and down four junctions of the M40, and into a service station, where by I hopped out to fill up and saw kit still sat on mudguard......

humblepie

Visit site
How about an entire show! Went out for the day on Saturday got horse ready that night pulled out schedule for the next day and realised the show had been and gone. Was an important HOYS qualifier as well DOH. Separately have forgotten bridle (managed to scrounge bits and OH bought nice reins!), numnah (vital on cold backed horse so we had to do the inhand instead), took entirely wrong set of tack once and generally when get to a show FORGET HOW TO RIDE!

Gamebird

Visit site
I went to a work conference three hours away from home once with my father-in-law's wagon keys in my back pocket.... on a hunting day.... Did I mention that father-in-law is Master of our local pack and a stickler for punctuality?
blush.gif

kerilli

Visit site
dressage girth when i went to Germany for a 3-day, and there wasn't one small enough to buy in any of the tack shops, had to borrow one, very embarrassing.
breastplate, twice now, heaven knows how. borrowed one once, went xc without one the next time.
can't think of anything worse offhand, pretty minor really.

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Mine was a girth too, luckily it was at an equestrian centre (Duckhurst) that had a tack shop (had to buy the biggest girth in the shop
blush.gif
). Also forgotten my hat before, had to drive home and get it, lucky it was our closest show.

ajf

Visit site
Have turned up for a fun ride on a sunday when I was younger (thus can blame on mother
tongue.gif
) and the ride was actually the day before!!!!
blush.gif

ColouredFan

Visit site
I forgot my dressage saddle when I went to a BE event at west Wilts, didnt have time to go back and get it, the sceretary very kindly lent me one of the saddles from the yard, an Albion, I got a PB dressage score of 24.5 and managed to persuade my mum to go halves with me on a 2nd hand albion SL because of this
grin.gif

FinkleyGladiator

Visit site
I thought mine was bad until i read all of yours ... just the chuckle i needed on a wednesday night
smile.gif

But...i have gone to (watch) a show the week before...and this place is about an hours drive
blush.gif

I think my worst one is forgetting my martingale for a hunter trial on a giraffe
smile.gif

Used to have the most fun when i went to shows with a friend when we were younger and her sister would forget everything. I cannot count the times she turned to her mum and said "mummy did you bring my...?"
laugh.gif

I think the funniest one was when she did a SHP in wellies
blush.gif

Wasrandyra

Visit site
Oh god - this is why I have OCD when I compete now.

Forgot my hat - had to borrow a freinds which did not fit and gave me a splitting headache the moment I put it on.

Forgot my studs after 1.5 hour drive to Felbridge to jump on grass. Managed two fences before the horse said sod off im keeping my feet on the floor thanks!!

My bridle - had a nosebandless one in the lorry with a loose ring snaffle which I used for loading if need be. Sadly no reins - borrowed those but had no brakes as horse normally went in a gag to jump.

Talk about stressful !!!!
blush.gif