The worst thing I have forgotten is...

Worried1

Visit site
A girth.

We got to Brook Farm and as I put Diva's saddle on I suddenly thought sh1t, where's the girth. Frantic hunt for the offending item and then i rememembered I had decided to condition it and had left it to dry in the tack room - thinking as I did I must remember to take it with us.

Needless to say I forgot! MIL was swiftly despatched to locate one while Mr Worried smirked away to himself. When I asked him what he was smiling for he said: " Darling I am just so glad it was you and not me that forgot it
wink.gif
"

However the girth pales into insignificance when I compare it to my former boss, who shall remain nameless, who forgot the horse at a county show
ooo.gif

The look on his face when he said to me: "Get on x at about 10 and give him 20 minutes then plait him up." At which point I said: "your joking right? He's at home!..." Priceless
grin.gif

Smurphy

Visit site
My Bridle - wasnt to far from home, so sent someone back to get, but this ment I had to jump the bigger class. oh and ive forgotton my Jacket many times, had to keep swapping with my friend between classes!!

BBs

Visit site
Ive done the girth thing too, at Shipton Moyne horse trials a few years ago
crazy.gif

HAHA at your hubby's reply.

WHOOPS at your boss.

SpottedCat

Visit site
Me too - forgot the girth when I had gone showjumping, luckily someone in the lorry park was kind enough to lend me one - phew!!

I have also forgotten his passport numerous times and they get spot checked at BE events....that caused a few mental traumas when you are 2 hours away from home in the lorry, thankfully I wasn't asked for it.

Goya

Visit site
The leading rein when My son was doing lead rein classes.
We were at leicester County Show. Got pony ready and beautiful, Son ready and kept clean and tidy-went to put son on pony and No lead rein. Class starting in 10 mins! OH ran to the nearest tack stand to buy another. I had to keep son from stamping around in mud etc. Oh well such is life!

AnShanDan

Visit site
I think we have forgotten everything you could poss. need on some day or other, except the horse!

One memorable day we got to a pony club ODE with only jods and shirt for 8 year old son. 11 year old son had to continually swap clothes with his little bro for each discipline and they were much too small as well. Funny afterwards....

Since then I drive out the road mentally checking everything in my head: tack, hats, boots, etc. etc. etc.

connie1288

Visit site
The saddle when i was on my 12h section A, not the easiest to borrow.
Also forgot to tack the tack room keys out of my back pocket and went to an event, arrived and found them, really wasnt helpful to the groom left at home to work about 10 horses when everything lives in the tack room.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I forgot both bridles (dressage and jumping) when I went to Spring Hill horse trials a few years ago. Had to borrow a friend's x-full bridle for the day - my mare takes a cob size
crazy.gif

Had a disastrous day and then fell off xc. Haven't forgotten a bridle since though
grin.gif

hellspells

Visit site
I've forgotten girth aswell - I had run up the road where there was a tack shop and buy one - easier said than done in a pair of whale boned dressage boots.

I've also forgotten stirrups and leathers before.

hannahkirkhill

Visit site
I have forgotten most things at one time or another ...
best story I know about forgetting things was when my mum was head girl for George Coombs- they him hunting with out his horse
blush.gif
tongue.gif

Elle1085

Visit site
When i go to shows for work it seems to be almost every time now that we get a couple miles up the road before we have to sit and wait ten mins for riders mum to find the missing item, lately we've had jacket, boots, and camera as the most forgotten items but luckily they're not my responsibility :p

I get so worried about forgetting things that i check everything over and over again before i leave. when i was younger i forgot my noseband??? for a very strong pony and a girth at some point too

hmccord

Visit site
Oh I definitely have this one....

On our first international show, we packed up the lorry, remembered horses passports, papers, all tack etc. Got ferry from Dublin accross to Holyhead everything going great. Arrived at Dover to go accross to France and the official asked for my father's and mine passports ..... uh they were still sitting on the kitchen table at home!

the official let us onto the ferry but said that he wasn't sure what would happen at the other side - needless to say we hid in the back with the horses when the time came to disembark and got the chef d'equipe to bring our passports out when he came a few days later. A story that no-one will ever let us forget, we still get Christmas cards addressed to 'The Bosnians' or "Refugee1 and Refugee2"!

The ultimate Homer Simpson moment I think!

jumptoit

Visit site
I've forgotten boots, girths, reins, bits, whips - most things but now I try to use old stuff at home and have everything else left in the lorry along with a spare of everything!

My mum has a friend whose 3 daughters about 18 - 20 ish got everything ready for a show got there with wagon with no ponies!!! And proceeded to argue about who was meant to get them!
blush.gif
tongue.gif

StaceyTanglewood

Visit site
My friend forgot her girth for a large 17.2 needless to say even the tackshop didnt have one big enough or anyone else on showground !! woops

I nearly forgot my bridle the other day - very hard when 2 people pack the lorry and each of you think the other has put stuff in !!

I now keep spares of everything in there !!

SpottedCat

Visit site
On an unhorsey note, OH and friends were climbing in the French Alps and did a 2hr walk in to the route they had planned to do. He turned to them and said 'whilst I sort out the rack (climbing hardware) will you two flake out the ropes (what you do to make sure they are not tangled)'. They looked at each other blankly and realised none of them had picked up the ropes. That was a long walk back to the campsite.....

I forgot my XC colours which my mother made for me at the only event she came to watch at last year - bloody typical!!

ajf

Visit site
I forgot the grooming kit for Aldon this year. Woops
Needless to say my horse wasn't yet plaited, or very clean and sisters needed studs (thankfully wash stuff lives in wash buckets and tails had already been done!).
Guess who wasn't popular that day!?
blush.gif
grin.gif

Halfstep

Visit site
The horse! we were in such a rush, we loaded up the lorry, shut the ramp and drove off - leaving the horse in the stable in his travel gear. Ooops!
blush.gif
blush.gif

AutumnRose

Visit site
My hat!! That was bloody annoying, too expensive to buy a new one and i have a stupidly big head so no one elses fit!! My mum was dispatched to collect it....not happy!!! Plus i missed my dr time and had to slot in at the end....not a good day!

daisycrazy

Visit site
My helmet - when I was off hunting at about 9 years old. My mum wasn't very happy! It's something of a standing joke now.

CleverHorses

Visit site
I forgot reins when going to a show jumping lesson, luckily it was at Kitty Boggis and she kindly lent me a pair. Though felt a bit stupid.

Worried1

Visit site
Also just remembered something I did recently!

Laura who works for us, and myself were all set to go, lorry packed, put Diva on, jumped in the lorry and started reversing out of the yard.

Laura looks at me and says:" Oh look your mum is waving at us!" Waving is the understatement of the year!!!!!

She was hopping up and down doing the interantional distress signal. I said "I don't think she is waving!!!!!"

Look in my mirror and the ramp was still down!

Luckily it's spring loaded and Diva was fine think she quite enjoyed the 'cabriolet' lorry
wink.gif

Am worried though as have been doing some really odd things recently!
confused.gif

langside

Visit site
we've forgot everything but i think the worst was when i was younger and doing pc games we forgot we had tied the dog to the back of the trailer
shocked.gif

it was ok though he managed to jump onto the wheelguard and was quite happy there
luckly someone stopped us before we left the showground

Halfstep

Visit site
I've a bad one that happened recently. We were loading up to go home, lorry was parked on a bit of a slope. My friend put the horse in and the lorry started to gently "slide" down the hill......

Yes, I forgot to put the parking break on! EEEKK! Luckily no one was hurt, horse didn't even notice, and lorry came to a gentle halt at the bottom of the slope. Lesson learned!!!

Worried1

Visit site
OMG!!!
ooo.gif

It's only after that you think - Sh1t! That was close.

I have been a been a bit mad recently but Mr Worried thinks it's great - says it's taking the pressure of him. Wonder if he will still think that when he is taking me to the loo and feeding me through a straw
tongue.gif

kit279

Visit site
It wasn't me, honest. But my father did once load up the wrong polo pony off the lines after a match. A bit embarassing when we got home and had accidentally stolen someone's best pony worth about 30 grand.. His excuse was 'bays all look the same in the dark'..