There are 2 types of horses... Just for fun!

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
There are two types of horses, one will look at a speeding audi roaring down the road and get a bit nervous.

There are others that will barely notice the car but will spook at a fully stationary rock that's a "funny colour".

*Often spooking away from the suspicious coloured rock into the path of the roaring Audi.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I was grooming big lad this morning. He likes to be brushed with the really stiff bristle brush I bought for Rigs when Rigs had a full winter coat. He pulls the grooming face, tries to groom me back with a huuuuge trunk. Grooming is nice. However, Jay man was the opposite. Sooo...

There are 2 types of hose: those who like to be brushed, even roughly, with whatever bristle brush is to hand, and those who hate every second. Co-incidentally, the second type also own the goat's hair brush, the brush with the lambskin insert, the polishing brush etc etc - and still hate it!

Last edited:

Sealine

Visit site
I'm loving this thread.

There are two types of horse: those that you can tie up on the yard and wander off to have a chat, do some jobs etc and when you come back is quietly standing exactly where you put them. The other type will either get caught up and panic and/or un-tie themselves and go for a wander, usually to the feed room.

Sealine

Visit site
and another:

There are two types of horse: those that you can leave in a stable unsupervised with a chain across the door. The other type will walk straight through the chain, breaking it in the process, and then go for a wander, usually to the feed room.

(Hence the 'Please keep this door shut' note on the feed room door)

Sealine

Visit site
and another:

There are two types of horses: those that see a jump and lock on with a 'yippee something I can jump, isn't this fun, let me at it' attitude. The other type see a jump and think 'Are you serious? You want me to jump that scary thing? Are you sure? I'll take a lot of convincing and if I do jump it I'll give it two foot clearance just in case it tries to eat me'.

tatty_v

Visit site
I'm loving this thread.

There are two types of horse: those that you can tie up on the yard and wander off to have a chat, do some jobs etc and when you come back is quietly standing exactly where you put them. The other type will either get caught up and panic and/or un-tie themselves and go for a wander, usually to the feed room.

oh gosh yes, this happened to me this morning. My older horse is a legend and can be left happily tied up with a haynet whilst I have a lesson. Newer boy is a complete idiot and managed to get caught and break a headcollar this morning in the two minutes I had my back turned doing up older horse’s fly rug ?

Having had the joy of owning two for a year now, I think mine can be summed up neatly as the brains and the idiot ?

sunnyone

Visit site
Type 1: sees ramp is down on the box and knows all the tricks there are to avoid getting into said box. Eventually after 1 year of you trying said methods she accepts that may be she should put all 4 hooves in at one go, just to be nice!

Type 2: sees ramp is down on the box, trots in and thinks "I'm waiting, put the ramp up slow coach".

I've had both!

muddybay

Visit site
Another.

Those who limp in with a leg hanging off and look at you as if to say "it's just a scratch".

And thoroughbreds.

?
My thoroughbred went hoping lame one day into being turned out after stable quarantine after only having her for two weeks, thought she'd broken her leg or done a ligament
turns out she'd pulled off a shoe

BBP

Visit site
I have one that does both! She’s only a yearling, but seems to split her time between snoozing/stretching and jumping over things (water troughs, field fences, gateways)/practising her balance on her hind legs.
Yeah in fairness, the baby hoss in type 2 pic does quite enjoy a bit of hind leg balancing nowadays, and jumps all the random things in the field, including the perimeter fence. Doesn't get quite so much airtime as BBP, but he's not all about the yoga.

Boulty

Visit site
There are those who spook at wheelie bins & those who try to stick their whole head & neck in there to see if there's any food!

There are also those who think dogs are not to be trusted & deserve to be kicked, bitten or at least glared at & then there are those who think that that are in fact just a large dog & that all dogs deserve a bit of licking & mutual grooming, whether they want it or not!

PurBee

Visit site
There are two types of horse...
Those who make your troubles disappear, and those that are your troubles.

Reminds me at the beginning of my horse owning journey, watching a youtube vid of an old french guy who had taken-on a very huge, tricky hot horse…it was pure white. He had to re-train it from scratch. Maybe someone here will remember his name..
Anyway, he said “If you’ve got horses, you’ve got problems” - i gulped, hoping it wasn’t true back then…today i know it’s mostly true! ?

In recent days i’ve been experiencing: one horse, when turned out onto several acres of varied grazing, fields, bushes and forest, loves it and will behave the entire time - the other, will do anything to access any fenced of little patch they dont have access to, and that usually means storming through the fencing! ? Horse 1, is so adorable that she whinnies from afar to tell me the peace has been disturbed by horse 2!