Things found out hacking

Antw23uk

Visit site
I'm glad the snake was rescued, people are so cruel! Sadly they buy these sweet little snakes who then get bigger and bigger, the novelty wears off, the firneds and family lose interest so the owner doesnt get the attention or the snake goes through a stroppy stage and scares the life out of said owner and all of a sudden you have a very large snake without a home. the rescues are full of them sadly and that poor guy would have died a horrible slow death had you not found him :(
(Im a bit of a snake geek, lol)

J&S

Visit site
The other Saturday I was taking the big old horse around one of our more scenic hacking routes, narrow lanes and tracks, when I came to a point where I had to take a sharp left hand bend. Not possible, two air ambulances parked in nearby field, several chaps with PILOT written on their red overalls, two ordinary road ambulances and a fire engine totally blocking my way! Apparantly the elderly owner had fallen into his pond and hurt his neck and was not able to extricate himself, had it not been for a quartet of holidaying dog walkers who, admiring his garden, heard his weak cries of "help!" it might have been me who found/heard him! What I found a little strange was that this had happened to him before and it was he who told them to phone air ambulance, once is an accident, twice???????

Desert_rider

Visit site
You all must hack in some interesting areas and I don't envy any of you that have come a across dead bodies!
All I have come across is the normal dumped rubbish and a burnt out car. I did once come across the word 'Die' daubed on a tree in the woods in red paint. Well at least I think it was paint!

Hollychops

Visit site
These are brilliant!!

I have had my way barred by a couple enjoying themselves in a car. As the alternative was a 5 mile hack back to the yard as opposed to the 1 mile route i was going, i banged on the roof. The guy looked very dischuffed!!

I found a £20 note once, that made me get off very quickly.

Otherwise nothing, i must live in a very boring area of the world.

The Trooper

Visit site
I see alot of deer, the occasional fox and far too much bloody litter!

Nothing exciting unfortunately, but I don't do alot of road hacking or indeed routes that are known/easily accessible.

Blanche

Down the road,up the hill,second gate on the left
Visit site
I was out hacking many moons ago and had a girl with me, maybe 14. A car went past and the man had his trousers round his knees and he was 'pleasuring' himself. A few minutes later he came back past with his trousers back up having obviously 'finished'. I do remember the oily smirk on his face to this day.

On a foggy day I met a rider on foot telling me to get off my horse as apparently it was her horse and what was I doing riding it. After a very confused conversation it transpires she was hacking with a friend and as they were near home they decided to loosen their girths as they rode back home. The horses spooked in the fog, saddles ended round the side and riders met dirt. They didn't know which way the horses headed as it was so foggy so they were just wandering around trying to find them. One actually ended up at my yard and my other half put it in a stable. Eventually she accepted that it wasn't her horse( I think she was concussed, that's why she was confused) and wandered off. I did find a horse a couple of minutes later so went back to find her.

I have found cars a rockin', white bums bouncing and a couple coming out of the bushes trying to act nonchalant but the girls skirt was tucked in her knickers!

Meredith

riding reluctantly into the sunset
the sat-nav is wrong, go farther up the hill
Visit site
Not so much what I found, but what found me.
Nearly 40 years ago and I was out hacking as a very naive 16 year old.
I had a guy jump out from behind some trees and flash me. Stereotypical raincoat scenario too. I remember saying is that all you have to offer. No idea where that comment came from as I’d never seen a male human appendage before that incident.
I wasn’t the least bit traumatised, however my horse was a little startled.
The worst thing was dad taking me to the police station where I had to give a statement.
My dad was very square and anything to do with sex was never mentioned in our home. I was very shy, dad was very old fashioned and reserved.
After the indignity of having to tell the very young police officer all the details, I was given a copy of my statement. Dad, being a former police detective grabbed the statement from me and read it out aloud. I still cringe now all these years later hearing him repeat the words of the flasher to me as he read the statement. So love, want to suck my ****.? After that incident there was an unspoken agreement between us that the flashing incident would never be discussed ever again. I was mortified. I’m going red even now thinking about it. Mum couldn’t stop laughing knowing how much of an old fogey dad was.
Then a few years ago a friend and I were hacking on Epsom Downs. We just emerged from a heavily wooded area at back of the racecourse. It was a few days before the Derby. We ride into the clearing near the starting stalls and without warning a huge black helicopter takes off literally 30 feet in front of us. Then a second chopper took off a few seconds later. My god it was like Apocalypse Now! I immediately crapped myself waiting for my horse to bolt off at full speed in a complete panic. He stood there as calm as anything and I sat there like a stone whilst it they took off in front of us and zoomed off overhead. Horse simply looked up and watched them fly away then calmly walked off without so much as batting an eyelid.
Lastly, not so much what we found but what happened. Riding down a narrow lane, cement mixer coming toward us. Driver turns off his engine and the mixer and signals me to walk past. I stop to thank him. Horse realises there’s a human inside the truck and that means treats. Horse, all 18 + hands sticks his massive head inside the window to say Hi and mug the driver. Poor guy nearly had a heart attack.

Oh goodness, you have reminded me.
Firstly when I was quite young and had gone to catch my pony. I am in the fields at least 30 minutes walk from the nearest road or house. A man call out from behind me, I turn to see him with trousers undone playing with himself! Of course my parents insisted it was reported to the police. A few years later I am ‘grown up’ and return home with my boyfriend, now husband, to be told by my parents that the police had called to say they had caught the man. He admitted that occasion and about 50 others!
Secondly in the same area with my young daughter then a toddler. We have checked on my pony and were blackberrying. I turn round to see a young man creeping up on us. He was naked. I grab daughter ,yelling What on earth are you doing? and run. I still had the blackberry bucket over my arm. At the farm the police were called. They managed to see him as he left the fields but lost him when he and I still can’t believe this, got on a bus!
I suppose he must have got dressed somewhere but after I had recovered from the fright my only wish was that the brambles had...

Last edited: