Think Kelly1982 derserves an apology...

JACQSZOO

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't actually think I do owe Kelly an apology.

[/ QUOTE ]

Neither do I.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh Purleeez do you not remeber saying that that was harsh and very childish!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I remeber exactly what I said in response to her first post. I'm afraid I speak as I find.

JACQSZOO

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Why are you taking it so personally JAQSZOO? The person in question is not you, its not about you - and this woman sounds genuinely a pretty mean person in general.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not taking it personally at all just relating to my own experiences which is all we can do.

JACQSZOO

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I give people lifts quite often, even going to events that I am not taking my own horse and picking up new horses for people. However, there has been occassions when I want to transport my own horse, on his own to an event that others off my yard also wished to attend. I had my own personal reasons for wishing to go it alone yet I was "expected" to give lifts and when I refused those same people, whom on previous occassions I had gone out of my way to help, labelled me mean and selfish. I found myself having to explain my reasons for wanting to use my OWN transport. Its not on.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to say that this statement probably explains a lot about JAQSZOO's personality and the way that he/she interacts with people. 90% of the time i go out in my box, i invite others along, but the 10% of the time i go out on my own (usually if i decide at the last minute so dont get round to organising with other people), never would anyone get in a strop with me or label me as mean and nasty? Perhaps we just have a better understanding with each other, and respect each other at our yard??

[/ QUOTE ]

How does it say anything about my personality? I agree its about respect. Thankfully I'm not at the yard anymore. I'm now at a lovely yard where people help each other rather than the take take attitude of the previous yard.
Its a subject I have strong feelings about. It upset me hugely at the time. I had taken these people all over the place in previous months and like I said, I had even taken them to places where I wasnt going myself and gave up my free time. And then on the ONE occassion when I wished to go alone all hell broke loose and I was made out to be some sort of heartless cow. Hardly fair is it?

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
?
confused.gif
???

Fiona

Visit site
Well said, and a very good point made.
Young people now (hark at me - I sound like a granny) aren't able to just hitch up and drive off to a show now (even if they do have their own transport).
Personally - I was able to buy a cheap single trailer (which my lovely dad had to put a new floor into) and I was able to tow this with a 1.6 litre car so I was independent (with regard to travel) from about the age of 18.
This was before the days of 4x4s, and most people towed with an ordinary car BTW.
Fifteen years on, this is just not possible now for a variety of reasons, there must be so many people in the same situation as Kelly, who only get away from the yard due to the kindness of others. This must be intensely frustrating for her, and I think we should all be able to empathise with her.
Fiona

Pidge

Visit site
Well said. Some of the responses were a tad sharp IMO. Life is too short as it is without going round upsetting people. If you can't reply to a post politely then don't bother at all. Think how you would feel being on the receiving end of it before clicking on the submit button. People come on here genuinely to seek advice and help or to let off steam if something is bothering them. The least we can do is to respond in a pleasant manner. Well done bandit. Kelly 1982 remember this - other people's opinion of you is their problem not yours. Please try to forget what has been posted and remember that a lot of people do care about people on here.

SirenaXVI

s17.photobucket.com
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well I don't think the majority of posters on that thread were rude or 'jumping' on Kelly - they were just trying to look at the situation from the other person's point of view. Trouble is, when several people express similar opinions, it looks like they are 'ganging up', when that isn't really the case.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree. It was certainly not my intention to upset.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nor mine
crazy.gif

SirenaXVI

s17.photobucket.com
[ QUOTE ]
b*llocks about it being illegal etc etc, well tell them to stop being so pedantic - IT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME, and you are simply sharing the costs, its not her making money in a business way.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be me then - Firstly I do not make a habit of talking bollocks, if you take any money - even if only diesel money it is classed as Hire and Reward and your insurance is null and void - I THINK YOU WILL FIND THAT THAT IS ILLEGAL! The fact that it happens all the time does not make it legal!

Secondly - in no way could my post be construed as having a go at Kelly, I just read her initial post and replied honestly and truthfully to the facts - no name calling no bullying so please get your facts straight on BOTH counts

SirenaXVI

s17.photobucket.com
[ QUOTE ]
Not you Tia… JACQSZOO….

I am not allowed to drive anything other than a car or small van, or pull a trailer – you need a new liscence now and it costs a fortune! Like you would need one for an HGV, we need to do an (expensive) exam to drive anything more than a mini metro (OK I am exaggerating!)

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually you could drive a 3.5 ton - like I do - LT35 - needs no special test

TGM

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
If you can't reply to a post politely then don't bother at all.

[/ QUOTE ] Very good advice - but that doesn't mean you have to agree with the original poster's opinion. The majority of the posters replying on that thread were polite in their manner, there was just one, perhaps two, who started to make more personal and insulting comments.

burtie

Visit site
Actually if you are over 17 and have taken the basic car driving license you should have section B, this includes vehicles up to 3.5 ton. Loads for sale in the back of H and H every week.

2 reasons I am very wary of giving others lift (I do do it, but not much).

1: It is illegal to take any form of reward even payment for diesel or technically any payment in kind, yes difficult to prove but that is hardly the point.

2: If their horse injured himself during the journey they would have a very good case for trying to sue you for dangerous or inappropriate driving causing the injury. I think someone has already mention this has been tried.

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
While we're on the legalities, please also remember that many lorries are over weight when fully loaded. Just another reason why a spare space may not be offered. If found over weight insurance is invalid, driver will be fined and get points & lorry will not handle (steer/brake) as it should.

Dogbetty141

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't actually think I do owe Kelly an apology.

[/ QUOTE ]

Neither do I.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh Purleeez do you not remeber saying that that was harsh and very childish!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I remeber exactly what I said in response to her first post. I'm afraid I speak as I find.

[/ QUOTE ]

There was no need for Purleeez though is is very childish and i would imagine made Kelly feel very small. It was uncalled for and was not by means contructive critism!!!

KatB

Visit site
On the 3.5tonne subject you can drive a 3.5tonne at 17 with your license, but it ius very difficult to legally drive it as Insurance is very difficult to gain before 21!

Pidge

Visit site
I was just trying to make the point that Bandit had guts in posting this, and that people should really think what they post before submitting it. You don't know the impact that your words can have on people. I think this site is brilliant, as it is excellent in its range of people on here and the advice and help offered is very good. It's just a shame IMO that occassionally there is discontent on here which is upsetting, though I suppose its no different to real life. No offence intended to anyone.