This hasn’t gone down well...

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Hmm I wondered about that when I saw a fb post about it last week (edit I think that might have been a mental health thing instead), I think it was published shortly after Pammy Hutton had said something about comments being deleted and given that she had stuck her head above the parapet regarding the issues/had received messages.

*disclaimer, all of my recollections might be wrong, it's late lol.

Last edited:

TPO

Visit site
Money talks...

Can you imagine a publication in any other sphere promoting a place that harmed/killed the animals that the publication claims to care about? Never mind pay and promote an alleged bully to write about bullying?

It hasnt been 5 minutes since the big promotion of the stud in the magazine.

The posts by the neighbour regarding Anna's alleged behaviour, including trespassing to interfere with cctv and harrassment, is quite something. It is apparently in the hands of the neighbour's solicitors so will H&H finally take AR off the payroll when charges are brought against her, once its gone to court or, more likely, ignore it all?

H&H really can't read a room can they? I was a subscriber for years then slowly tailed off to buying most weeks from a shop until I ended up only purchasing 3 or 4 copies a year. I havent bought an issue since they had that columnist write the back page about her country life and kids. Every "joke" missed the mark and the content was dire. There was a big thread about it on here at the time. The quality has been in a slippery slope for over a decade.

It wouldn't take much to figure out that their consumers dont want a bullying article but someone accused of being a bully. How could H&H not be aware of the abuse levelled at Pammy for instance. That was a high profile instance of the bullying originating from the home of their "anti bullying" columnist ?

And no, I dont thi k that this thread will survive for long! Ha ha

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
H&H must really be desperate or just totally inept in order to publish that.

Maybe they only print what they think will attract eyes/readers. All about the money and views they get. Might be no other way to survive.

All assumptions and personal opinions here. If things are factually different, I'll gladly be corrected.

Last edited:

scats

Visit site
I read that on Fb last night. If what that neighbour is saying is true, it’s absolutely horrific.
I think that Dawn lady who has commented is the one who AR posted some truly nasty things about a couple of years ago. I can’t remember what it was about, but I’m pretty sure AR changed a group or a page name to something about this lady. Absolute playground bullying.
I made my mind up about her right then, to be honest.

TPO

Visit site
I've been a H&H subscriber for years and tbh it's this forum that I get the most from so I keep paying the subs as the mag gets slimmer and more useless. We should have a back up plan just in case the whole H&H forum gets pulled!

I do think thats a very valid point.

This is H&Hs "sandpit" that they let us play in for free. Several of "us" don't follow the basic rules e.g. no swearing, admin need to police threads, deal with reported posts/threads, discipline & ban posters and on previous threads the majority no longer buy the magazine and criticise it quite heavily.

I did think when an old timer kicked off again and started threatening to involve the police (?) that admin might just pull the plug because who honestly can be bothered dealing with all that?

As admin pointed out then "the forum, collectively, had a long memory" and I bet admin's is just as long. I doubt many of us succumb to the advertising or click bait on the forum so I dont see what they get in return from hosting it. They cant even use the "top threads" in the magazine because most of them arent suitable! Ha ha

Totally off topic but I do wonder why they support the forum and how long of a shelf life it has left....

Sprat

Visit site
I just can’t understand how someone in H and H is allowing this to happen.

Must be run by a bunch of morons.

Agreed, it was a poor show to post the article with everything that has been going on re NS. As someone mentioned above, the info that the neighbours provided is appalling. Anna Ross isn't someone I've ever had any dealings with but I certainly wouldn't want to.

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
I did think when an old timer kicked off again and started threatening to involve the police (?) that admin might just pull the plug because who honestly can be bothered dealing with all that?

If this is the thread I think you are referring to, I got a warning that if it happens again I will be banned for defamation as a result of my comment. Knowing in real life the parties involved, it definitely wasn't defamation ?

scats

Visit site
Is this thread written in secret code ? Absolutely no idea what it's about.

On the H+H fb page, they have shared an article by Anna Ross about internet trolls. In the comments, the next door neighbour to the stud raises some pretty diabolical behaviour from AR and the others from NS.

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
The thing that people miss, in general, is that in order for something to be defamation it has to be defamation ? aka false.

It's like people around here, where I live, cry, "we have reputation laws!" the minute someone says something that is unflattering yet true (as in something they actually did, with proof). Um, it's not to protect you from your own idiocy and/or sketchy doings. It's not Shysters law.

Sorry for the ramble, obviously something that bugs me ?

Last edited: