this is just about the most arrogant piece I have read in a long time.

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
He's had several things he could have been PTS for

If you're that desperate to "fix" him stop using the money on transport/competitions/arena fees/sell one of her other horses/transport

Why people donate to strangers vets fees god only knows, I'd MAYBE consider if it was a friend's go fund me for a sheer freak accident (I've seen the odd one for someone's cat getting shot by a pellet gun)

Wonder what the quote is if 5k won't scratch the surface

Last edited:

Apercrumbie

Visit site
Two feet having had pedal bone infections in a 24 year old horse with a suspiciously cushings-like coat, the second infection which won't respond to multiple attempts at treatment.

This isn't fair on the horse, the fundraising is unethical, and she needs to do the right thing by an old friend and stop begging for money.
Sorry I am gobsmacked - 2 pedal bone infections? There's no way I'd put even a young horse through that unless they cleared up very quickly, that poor horse must be in agony, and I'm grateful to say that my own vet wouldn't tolerate it.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Sorry I am gobsmacked - 2 pedal bone infections? There's no way I'd put even a young horse through that unless they cleared up very quickly, that poor horse must be in agony, and I'm grateful to say that my own vet wouldn't tolerate it.

One in front was resolved, there isn't a date on when that happened. One behind is proving very difficult to resolve. And previous laminitis. Personally I wouldn't keep a 24 year old horse alive with that history.

spotty_pony2

Visit site
haven’t read all of the replies so apologies if this has been mentioned but they have even set up a gofundme to fund the treatment!!

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Giving away a branded saddlecloth is a bit different to selling a hay gain though. Doesn't sit quite right with me 🤷‍♀️

I think it's OK if she owns it but from her own wording when she was "provided with it", it doesn't sound as if she does. If I was the marketing manager I'd be furious, because she's now giving the message to her followers that as soon as she needs a bit of money the - by inference - useless, unused, Haygain gets sold.

If it's the big one then I can see the Administrator of the now bankrupt company asking for it back to sell and repay a bit of the debt to creditors.

gunnergundog

Visit site
This is wrong on so many counts.

1. The old horse should have been shot ages ago in my opinion.
2. The total lack of professionalism by endorsing the Go fund me page that was allegedly set up on her behalf.
3. The absence of any work ethic to raise the necessary funds herself.....forget about selling Haygains and sell one of your horses and spend your time WORKING rather than going off having lessons and schooling all day long. Otherwise get a 0% credit card, bank loan or whatever but stop playing the pity card and scrounging. Obviously, no pride.

Sometimes hard decisions have to be made in life.

paddy555

Visit site
This is wrong on so many counts.

3. The absence of any work ethic to raise the necessary funds herself.....forget about selling Haygains and sell one of your horses and spend your time WORKING rather than going off having lessons and schooling all day long. Otherwise get a 0% credit card, bank loan or whatever but stop playing the pity card and scrounging. Obviously, no pride.

Sometimes hard decisions have to be made in life.
why would you do anything. On her current post she has been away jumping one of her horses who seemingly went well whilst everyone else donates to fund Harry's treatment. Who is the idiot here?? not her apparently. Life carries on for her and the followers pay. May as well sit back and let them pay whilst she gets on riding the horse.

Pride?? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: just an inconvenience really.

ecb89

Visit site
Giving away a branded saddlecloth is a bit different to selling a hay gain though. Doesn't sit quite right with me 🤷‍♀️
I’m not talking about giving away saddle pads. I’ve seen selling hay gains (and not just the vet who is the topic of this thread), rugs, boots, clothes etc

JFTDWS

Visit site
I’m not talking about giving away saddle pads. I’ve seen selling hay gains (and not just the vet who is the topic of this thread), rugs, boots, clothes etc
Yep, some influencers have serious form for this sort of thing and seem to make quite a lot through it. It’s astounding that companies still sponsor them, really. She’s not the first influencer to sell a haygain now that the company is in administration.

ETA - I’m not supporting her - she’s an abomination, but if companies will give these people free stuff…

Goldenstar

Visit site
He looks so lovely poor old boy but I am incensed by all this .
A vet can’t afford to treat her old horse tell you what sell that spooky warmblood if you want to keep your old horse going.
No one sensible would berate her for PTS the old horse but it’s a choice if you can’t afford everything your oldie needs then have fewer young working ones costing money .

Mrs. Jingle

Visit site
Taken from the Go Fund me blurb. Apparently she puts her horses before anything else......but not before her eventing, her young horses, her competition and arena hire fees etc.. etc. I can't believe that people are donating to this grifter! 😮

She puts her horses and her clients’ horses before everything else and has found herself in a position where her horse who she’s owned for 19 years is in desperate need of some very costly veterinary attention at a equine hospital.

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Those people donating are absolute mugs

He should have been PTS - let's not forget it sounds like this 3rd attempt may not even work

Sell one of your other horses or transport if you're that desperate to keep him (wrongly imo) going. Stop going to competitions and jollies which probably cost a fair whack

Do some overtime

I'm annoyed at the person who set up the pity party fundraiser too, this isn't some poor person who's going without food to try and treat their animals out of the blue illness or injury that has exceeded insurance costs

I also went for the middle option when setting up cat insurance as I thought if they need the top level limit has it got to the point when they are too ill for quality of life?

I am considering going to that tier purely as everything has got more expensive I don't want to be priced out of ethical treatment

But this is their 3rd attempt - surely there's a reason the other 2 haven't worked??

And as said sell your transport/another horse/stop going on jollies if you're that desperate to try. It's almost abuse of power as her followers are so up her backside they'll fall for it - I know I sure as hell wouldn't get that much money if I set up an equivalent. Brainwashing springs to mind too, it's time people stop putting these "influencers" (a word I hate) on a pedestal

meleeka

Visit site
In her defence, she hasn’t actually said she can’t afford it. She said she’ll be selling a few things, such as a Haygain which hasn’t been used because she feeds haylage and presumably doesn’t want it. Members of her cult that have donated are a lot poorer than she is I expect!

Poor old boy, he looks a sweet soul
Whatever we think of her generally it can be hard to be clear-eyed and pragmatic when it's your own dear horse

A vet ought to be able to think more clearly. It’s not as if death isn’t a large part of her work. I couldn’t do the actual deed myself if I were in her shoes, but I’d have asked a trusted colleague to do it for me. Say the surgery is £10k. To spend that when he will probably be gone through with something else within the next year says that either she has more money than sense, or she plans to treat every problem as if he’s going to live forever. Either way, I wonder how she’ll manage when the others start needing expensive surgery as they age too.

IrishMilo

Visit site
I think there's a certain level of narcissism that comes with having a fan page, doing daily updates for trivial things, 'The pictures you've all been waiting for' type posts, etc. Makes me cringe. But I also think a lot of it potentially comes from insecurity and loneliness... Must be exhausting, particularly when you add in the daily hate she gets. To receive online vitriol on a frequent basis and not be so affected you decide to change tack or just stop altogether makes you either extremely strong or... somewhat arrogant as to believe you're always right.

The old horse looks completely dead from the outside in.

nutjob

Visit site
There must be people on hho who think she’s a Godlike figure? It’s so unlikely that a huge horse forum does not have any overlap with her supporters. are they just hunkering down below the parapet?
There must be, maybe they will read some of the posts on here and have a rethink about what is going on, and whether this person is someone to be admired. The problem is, on fb anyone questioning what's going on is abused, harassed or booted so in that small world everyone thinks the same and nothing is questioned.

I think you have hit the nail on the head @Clodagh. I wondered that the other day, I am still reeling from the shock of finding two people from my own friend's list are following her and have posted sycophantic comments on her page. 🤣 😂

Yes, me too!!!!