this is just about the most arrogant piece I have read in a long time.

paddy555

Visit site
sorry this is a FB link but I hope some will be able to read it. It is worth it if you can. There are a lot of comments which are also worth reading.

the post is the 2nd one down ie "this trolling of pro. riders must stop"

I just shook my head at some of this. Especially what I take to be her somewhat arrogant views about what she regards as lesser riders hacking along on a long rein. Personally I feel those horses are a lot less stressed than what she describes as "highly explosive machines". Would I want a horse to have that level of stress just for human enjoyment? No, I'm afraid I wouldn't

It is worth looking at some of her other posts especially the videos of her schooling her horse in her school. The horse appears to behave badly at the start of each session. Per her posts this is most definitely not down to pain or anything else. However I do wonder.

RachelFerd

www.facebook.com
sorry this is a FB link but I hope some will be able to read it. It is worth it if you can. There are a lot of comments which are also worth reading.

the post is the 2nd one down ie "this trolling of pro. riders must stop"

I just shook my head at some of this. Especially what I take to be her somewhat arrogant views about what she regards as lesser riders hacking along on a long rein. Personally I feel those horses are a lot less stressed than what she describes as "highly explosive machines". Would I want a horse to have that level of stress just for human enjoyment? No, I'm afraid I wouldn't

It is worth looking at some of her other posts especially the videos of her schooling her horse in her school. The horse appears to behave badly at the start of each session. Per her posts this is most definitely not down to pain or anything else. However I do wonder.

Yeah this is ridiculous - I think she's forgotten that the whole aim is meant to be horses that appear to be happy athletes, not stressed balls of tension

Peglo

Visit site
Surely that person isn’t an actual vet?

I mean shes complaining about trolls while trolling people in the comment section. Or is she the only one allowed to troll? Queen of the trolls? Troll god?

Sorry, I’ve gotten petty. Read too many replies on that post 😂

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
How very unpleasant, surely she's not doing her reputation as a business any help - I don't have a horse anymore but I was very much a happy hacker pootling round on a long rein so surely I'd be beneath her!

Stop with the attitude of pros can't be criticised because they are pros. Surely as a vet welfare and removal from pain should be at the forefront her "campaign"

Does she have famous clients or something?!

muddybay

Visit site
One of her followers also just stole a picture of someone riding her horse from her facebook account and used it sarcastically as to why she shouldn't be giving an opinion! In my opinion her horse looked lovely and relaxed so I don't see the issue...

edited to add comment: I mean look at this example of advanced horse mastery. She us laugh reacting everyone as well, which isnt surprising. These folks are generally miserable, and if they put half the effort into improving their own riding that they do trolling others on SM, they would understand what we are saying. However, they are committed to being mediocre

SpeedyPony

Visit site
The trouble is any difference of opinion seems to be viewed as "trolling" even when she voices an opinion that is not backed up by the science (see: over-rugging).
Yes, making personal attacks or being rude in response is uncalled for, but merely voicing a differing opinion or pointing out studies that show contradictory evidence is reasonable and part of the healthy debate that helps improve our way of doing things in the future.
Also re the dressage debate- if you have to ride so forcefully to keep the horse together in the ring, IMO he isn't schooled enough to be competing at that level (this isn't directed at her riding particularly, it's prevalent in a lot of riders at all levels and disciplines). The fact that that is rewarded by the judhes is what I take most issue with, yes horses are tense when they first encounter that atmosphere and yes there's no real way of replicating it at home, but rushing up the levels with a horse that is still uncomfortable with the show atmosphere is causing unnecessary stress to the animal and I don't think it's unreasonable for people to point out that there is a lack of harmony/ease/softness, particularly as dressage is meant to be a test of schooling- if the horse is difficult to ride and needs holding together, he isn't that well schooled.
Also your horse being a "competition horse" isn't a reason for constant misbehaviour- lots of people have highly bred horses that are still expected to behave (see: ex racers, fit hunters)

Peglo

Visit site
Stop with the attitude of pros can't be criticised because they are pros. Surely as a vet welfare and removal from pain should be at the forefront her "campaign"

Someone in the comment section asked whether we shouldn’t be able to question other professionals like doctors, police and politicians but I didn’t see her respond to that. Just imagine if that was the case though.

SEL

Visit site
I'm making a little bet with myself that I know who this is before I even press the link...

ETA I was correct. Pleased to see there are people disagreeing with her though.

I've recently said on another "we shouldn't bully the elite riders post" that when you are competing at that level in any sport you are putting yourself and your training methods out for public consumption. Look how football managers get annihilated every time England lose a penalty shoot out. With equine sports you've also got a living animal to consider. Social media has it's flaws but when the supporters of a sport come together and say something isn't right then the professionals start to listen - bad publicity isn't good for business

Last edited:

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
I unfollowed her a long time ago.

She’s not my kind of person and I dislike her superior attitude and general level of arrogance about people she considers lesser than herself.
Yup so did I. I'm disappointed to see that a friend of mine has liked that post.

Natalie frequently posts videos of her horses acting in ways I would find quite concerning if they were mine, and if I were a vet I'd be doing some investigations, but apparently she doesn't need to. She also posted recently that horses with KS could be ridden regardless and we are all making far too much fuss about the condition and shouldn't be treating it as frequently as we do.

There'll be a post about the ignorant happy hackers of HHO on there shortly ...

southerncomfort

Visit site
The trouble is any difference of opinion seems to be viewed as "trolling" even when she voices an opinion that is not backed up by the science (see: over-rugging).

Agree. People seem to mix up trolling with someone expressing an opinion they disagree with.

If I see a general (as a for instance) FEI post and I reply that I disliked the performance of a rider and think the judging needs to change, that is me voicing my opinion, which I'm entitled to.

If I contacted that rider personally and expressed that opinion forcefully and unkindly, THAT is trolling! Not something I would ever do.

This idea that you have to be a top level rider yourself to point out what is glaringly, obviously wrong with elite equestrian sports makes me furious.

I'm Dun

Visit site
Yup so did I. I'm disappointed to see that a friend of mine has liked that post.

Natalie frequently posts videos of her horses acting in ways I would find quite concerning if they were mine, and if I were a vet I'd be doing some investigations, but apparently she doesn't need to. She also posted recently that horses with KS could be ridden regardless and we are all making far too much fuss about the condition and shouldn't be treating it as frequently as we do.

There'll be a post about the ignorant happy hackers of HHO on there shortly ...
I was very surprised to see a friend who has happy athletes out competing and does a brilliant job with them, share the post as well. I thought I was probably missing something or getting something wrong, but seems not for once.

meleeka

Visit site
Another post from the queen of arrogance! I am reliably informed that she has the same attitude with her clients. Someone I know who has well used her and said her horse was frightened of vets and was difficult. Funnily enough the horse is absolutely fine with his new vet.🙄

The issue I have with her is that she passes her opinions on as facts. I personally know people who keep horses in 23/7 for no other reason than they don’t want them to make the field muddy, and apparently she, as their vet, says that’s ok. Now I’m guessing she didn’t actually say that, but her posts imply that competition animals don’t have the same needs as happy hackers, so that’s ok, even if you only go to two shows a year 🙄

scats

Visit site
Just had a scout at her post and there a few sensible people saying that the average person should be able to stand up and call out practices where animal welfare is compromised and not be accused of trolling.
Unfortunately they are shot down, with Natalie herself commenting on one that “no-one should comment. End of.” which, given how vocal she is when she doesn’t like something, is rather rich.

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
Just had a scout at her post and there a few sensible people saying that the average person should be able to stand up and call out practices where animal welfare is" compromised and not be accused of trolling.
Unfortunately they are shot down, with Natalie herself commenting on one that “no-one should comment. End of.” which, given how vocal she is when she doesn’t like something, is rather rich.
Not to mention the "I can see who has shared this and I'm going to out you and all your friends who have commented" post. She doesn't seem to realise how SM works.

TGM

Visit site
I guessed immediately who this would be! She has a very combative writing style and seems unable to converse sensibly and rationally with those who disagree with her, even if their replies are in a polite and courteous manner. I think she can only blame herself if her postings have led to people thinking she is a 'crank' or a vet they wouldn't want to use, because that is the image she is portraying in the way she posts.