This will brought tears to my eyes. It is what's called dedication!

Time Tells

Visit site
Yup I agree but do you think it is really blind?

Bills.
I do not have a clue, never entered my mind to think anything other, perhaps I should not believe all I read :D :D Stunning horse thou. I had one similar to that! Just love leopards, esp black & white.

charleysummer

Visit site
Stunning horse, but i hope it isnt completely blind as i dont agree with keeping animals alive with severe disability such as blindness- especially prey animals.
that is just my opinion.

babymare

Visit site
ok before my vet told me baby was going blind she said" listen i went on a vet refresher cousrse for lameness - one horse came in doing top notch dressage piaffes passage you name . we all stood thinking ok wheres it lame - it was a red herring - the horse was totally blind performing dressage movements that would walk away in comps " so yes the horse can be blind but a pure trust with rider - baby isnt totally blind but trusts me and my daughter and works like a dream in good daylight so yep i think video is brilliant and true mearsure of trust and damn gorgeous horse to xx

babymare

Visit site
ummm charley very sweeping staement to make - ok my girl 13 yrs is half blind expect full blindness in next 2 yrs ok - she is happy she is healthy and yeah she really is a field ordanment - my vet as said she sparkles health - but she is losing her sight - ok my belief is whilst she as a quality of life she will not want for anything but i will be proud to stand with her when day comes . sorry do i pass her off now as she has a "disability" - i have experienced seen and loved many horses with " severe disbilities" all loving life and happy - and blindness with the confidence of rider/owner is not a disability - they trust and love more and yep truelly show what they can do - sorry if seems a rant hun :)

Chavhorse

Visit site
My Yo's Wifes horse Wit is 100% blind like the one in the Video.

He is a 17 year old appaloosa and has been 100% blind for the last 4 years.

He is still ridden on a daily basis and if you did not know he was blind you would have no idea at all. In fact he is the Western school Master that I am currently having lessons on to regain my confidence!.

The only thing he tends to do is to lean out on the right rein but is easily corrected.

He is one of the most laid back coolest horses I have ever ridden, he trusts his riders 100%. At the moment he has 2 people plus my YO's wife riding him. Takes him a couple of rides to get your measure then he is 100% fine.

My YO's wife still hacks him out and takes him to the forest and beach.

He is stabled over night and goes out all day into the paddocks with his two buddies, as long as he can hear one of the other horses near to him he is happy as larry, the paddock has tape tied round it that flaps in the wind so he is aware where the wire is and for obvious reasons the electricity is never turned on in his paddock.

He knows his way round the yard to the point that the first time I took him into a different area to get him ready he looked about and started to lift his feet as it is the area where the farrier normally does his shoes.

The only thing that has changed in Wit's life since going blind is that he no longer competes at competitions (He was the Dutch National Champion Western Riding Horse)but he is one happy healthy horse who we treat as normal.

dsc1064.jpg

dsc1065.jpg

bruiloftjanenbri339.jpg

charleysummer

Visit site
ummm charley very sweeping staement to make - ok my girl 13 yrs is half blind expect full blindness in next 2 yrs ok - she is happy she is healthy and yeah she really is a field ordanment - my vet as said she sparkles health - but she is losing her sight - ok my belief is whilst she as a quality of life she will not want for anything but i will be proud to stand with her when day comes . sorry do i pass her off now as she has a "disability" - i have experienced seen and loved many horses with " severe disbilities" all loving life and happy - and blindness with the confidence of rider/owner is not a disability - they trust and love more and yep truelly show what they can do - sorry if seems a rant hun :)

sorry I didnt want to offend anyone, but as i said just my own personal opinion :) i am glad your horse is happy and healthy and I will happily be proven wrong as I don't want to think that horses are suffering; I just can't see how a prey animal that depends so much on its eyesight for survival can live happily without something so vital- obviously there are no lions making there way in to the stables but the horse doesn't know that ! partial blindness I am fine with but full black out nothingness i am not so comfortable with

Janette

Visit site
Mu horse is partially sighted, and she is amazing. The level of trust she is showing me is phenomenal, esp considering that 8 weeks ago, when she had both eyes, she considered herself to be the Boss. (We had quite a few 'discussions' on that subject......) Now she lets me lead the dance.

But - if she were to lose the sight in her other eye, I would have to seriously think about her future.

lochpearl

Visit site
This video also amazed me. okay there are bots of it I don't like, like jumping barrels, but you can't doubt that there is a bond there.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Exen7FC6q1c

This video I didn't like. The horse did not look relaxed in anything and she really put it to the test, why did it need to do those tricks and why take it down a track to the river where even full sighted horses would stumble. The first video of the spotty was lovely to watch and he was safe in the arena and not being asked to do party tricks, just dressage that he has been trained to do probably most of his life.

I do have to question though why the horse is still entire and hope that it isn't used for breeding if the blindness is something he could pass on.

BBP

Visit site
Certainly questionable, I just find it amazing what a horse will do for it's rider. But yes, I found it a little sad that she would put him in that position.

jsr

Visit site
Interesting how many other horse owners are out their with partically sighted horses. My lad is blind in his left eye, always has been from birth apparently and he most certainly will not be killed if the other eye is lost unless he doesn't cope with it. My lad jumps perfectly (well as perfect as a hairy cob can jump) hacks out like a dream, spooks like a nutter...but I suspect he'd do that fully sighted as he's a fool, and can do absolutely anything fully sighted horses can do. In fact because he can't see out of his left he's more likely to lead past a scarey monster because he can't see it!!!:p