Those that remember the Connie being tested for HWSD that probably wasn't a Connie....

ester

Not slacking-multitasking
*geek incoming just with general info :)
All fjords are DD (homozygous dun)
The pics of her ears so far (and general coat colour) don't really suggest dun going on.
But if she has a stripe (which prob doesn't go through the tail) she may well be nd1 - which adds primitive markings, but doesn't dilute coat but more recently been suspected to cause the lighter ear fluff on blacks that people previously thought indicated the presence of the cream gene (smoky black) even though it doesn't affect black pigment ;)

I think on your older pics she is palo with sooty which is limited to mane, but what I'm curious about/what throws me is her muzzle and eye skin colour being quite so solid and dark grey and her head being quite so 'peachy'.

BBP

The pics of her ears so far (and general coat colour) don't really suggest dun going on.
But if she has a stripe (which prob doesn't go through the tail) she may well be nd1 - which adds primitive markings, but doesn't dilute coat but more recently been suspected to cause the lighter ear fluff on blacks that people previously thought indicated the presence of the cream gene (smoky black) even though it doesn't affect black pigment ;)

I think on your older pics she is palo with sooty which is limited to mane, but what I'm curious about/what throws me is her muzzle and eye skin colour being quite so solid and dark grey and her head being quite so 'peachy'.
Does nd1 exist in breeds that don’t have dun? So like with Connemaras that don’t carry dun, can they still have nd1? (Not relevant to this pony but trying to improve my colour geek skills!)

JJS

The other option I’m seeing is Haflinger-style chestnut (i.e chestnut with pangare). She’s the exact same shade as the three Haffies I know, but the grey mane makes me think there must be sooty at work too 🤔 She’s definitely a strange one. I’d love to see her colour tested!

Peglo

My old haffie has a decent amount of grey in her mane but nothing quite like hers. Her ginger eye lashes and black muzzle is quite like my new haffie. Both my two are a darker chestnut though. Very pretty whatever she is. Hope your having loads of fun so far!