Thunderbrook Feeds - your thoughts & experiences please

CMcC

Visit site
Now I want to ring Thunderbrooks up just to see! I don't even use their feed. Are they a bit like Simple Systems with few outlets and palletised stuff you have to buy in bulk only or what. I've never seen their products about nor heard of anyone who uses them so I would think they can't afford to be snippy at folks. I wonder if they have read this thread - which I have come across since I tend to be lazy and look for 'What's new' rather than trawl each forum.

I order from Simple Systems, although I have a local stockist. You don’t have to order in bulk or pallet loads, I usually order about 10 bags total of different products. They are very efficient, delivery is within a few days by their own van driver who stacks the backs wherever you want them. Highly recommended.

Berpisc

Visit site
I was massively put off the company a few years ago when there were TB posts being shared on facebook implying that hay was being made involving being sprayed off with glyphosate. I know of no one in this country who does this, I am not sure why they would. Shilasdair's Cob thread is the best ever. :cool:

TGM

Visit site
I've got to say I have never used TB feeds as I've never been convinced by a lot of the information they've put on their website and their social media. Much seemed misleading, contradictory and seemed to involve a lot of 'scare tactics'. They didn't use to publish full ingredients and analysis of their feeds either, although I believe they have now been compelled to by the regulatory bodies. I've also met the man that others on here have had unpleasant dealings with and that further convinced me that they were not a company I would want to buy from!

Last edited:

Esmae

Visit site
I have been using TB feeds for a long time now and I have to be totally honest and say that the company has never been anything but courteous and helpful and the delivery service excellent. You speak as you find I know but really I have found them to be a good company and my horses look really well on their feed. (I don't work for them either)

onemoretime

Visit site
I use the Grass Chaff and various herbs/supplements. I have to say, I have never had a problem with any of the staff, they have always been lovely when I've phoned up to order, and very knowledgeable when I ask for advice.

Since moving to their feed my SI pony has been much less itchy, and has a full mane and tail this year. I do feed other bits as well but mostly Thunderbrook. My other 3 look amazing on very little.

Honestly, I may be in a minority, but I would recommend it :)

I feed the chaff and have done so for 5 years now. The chaff is lovely and clean and everything eats it with no problem. I haven;t spoken to the owners so cannot comment on them.

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
???? oh Shils… too funny.

In all seriousness, in the other, introductory thread, the poster seems to be giving their real name, and enough information that nutters (like you, not me obv. ;)) can find photos and her phone number.

Unwise.

BB - click on 'Report' under your first post on that thread - and ask Admin to remove it.

Genuinerider

Visit site
Genuinerider, you’ve joined and posted just 9 times and all about Thunderbrooks and don’t seem to like anything anyone else says about them. Surely, you can see how it appears you work for the company/have some connection.

Everytime this thread pops up, it just reminds me how incredibly awful their customer service is. Not the best advert for a company is it.
So what your saying is if you don’t agree with the majority don’t post? because we are so small minded we will think you work for them? Are you serious? It will take a whole lot more than bullying to deter me! Read back and then come back and apologise! It’s not that I don’t like if your opinions differ - I couldn’t give a Capital S to be honest. I can’t believe I’ve actually had to defend my view and experience… just because it’s different than ‘others’ !! I’ll give my honest opinion and have every right to and if I find Thunderbrooks to be this awful company you all want to believe- I’ll come back and tell you all! My experience on this forum has been vile and admin need to monitor things more closely!!! BTW yes I’m still using TB and have no complaints up to now!!!

IveRunOutOfNamesToThinkOf

Visit site
So what your saying is if you don’t agree with the majority don’t post? because we are so small minded we will think you work for them? Are you serious? It will take a whole lot more than bullying to deter me! Read back and then come back and apologise! It’s not that I don’t like if your opinions differ - I couldn’t give a Capital S to be honest. I can’t believe I’ve actually had to defend my view and experience… just because it’s different than ‘others’ !! I’ll give my honest opinion and have every right to and if I find Thunderbrooks to be this awful company you all want to believe- I’ll come back and tell you all! My experience on this forum has been vile and admin need to monitor things more closely!!! BTW yes I’m still using TB and have no complaints up to now!!!

Everyone has the right to an opinion, like I said in my earlier post I have no issues at all with their products

For me it comes down to company ethics and customer service, you only find out how good a company is when you actually have a problem.

The way the one individual high up member of staff became hostile, defensive and accusing on the solidarity occasion I experienced an issue, which was unrelated to their product, just to the delivery of it, has put me off using them for life

I haven’t however seen any ‘bullying’ on here, just questions and comments. And frankly each time you post your wording/grammar is more and more alike to the emails I received from that said member of Thunderbrook.

I rate their products still, maybe I’ll return to them in the future when/if they announce they’ve appointed someone better equipped to deal with customer service and concerns/complaints.

MuddyMonster

Visit site
Now I want to ring Thunderbrooks up just to see! I don't even use their feed. Are they a bit like Simple Systems with few outlets and palletised stuff you have to buy in bulk only or what. I've never seen their products about nor heard of anyone who uses them so I would think they can't afford to be snippy at folks. I wonder if they have read this thread - which I have come across since I tend to be lazy and look for 'What's new' rather than trawl each forum.

SS are genuinely nothing like TB.

I'm still yet to find better customer service anywhere than I have with SS & was gutted when my boy had to stop their feeds due to alfalfa intolerance.

I don't work for SS either ?

canteron

Visit site
Gosh this thread had got nasty. I do think you should be able to like Thunderbrook feeds without the spite posts.

I also think you should be able to say good things about Parelli without the spite posts …… but their are HHO rules - Thunderbrook, Parelli, barefoot and Tumeric must be treated with disdain and you must be 100% closed minded about it.

TPO

Visit site
Gosh this thread had got nasty. I do think you should be able to like Thunderbrook feeds without the spite posts.

I also think you should be able to say good things about Parelli without the spite posts …… but their are HHO rules - Thunderbrook, Parelli, barefoot and Tumeric must be treated with disdain and you must be 100% closed minded about it.

Hardly ?

TB are notorious and at one point I'm pretty sure you weren't even allowed to post about them on here because of their behaviour and threats. My memory is hazy but I'm pretty certain admin had a post and they weren't to be mentioned by name. Not the actions of a good company by anyones measure.

Barefoot is pretty much accepted on here and often recommended without any naysaying.

Turmeric is what it is. Some people have observed improvements and changes when using it and others havent. It's a well known health food and anti inflammatory. However certain people have it as a cure for absolutely everything and blame it for any negative experiences. The turmeric jokes are all tongue in cheek and it does no harm should anyone want to give it a try.

Parelli are a contentious topic because of the material that they themselves put out and the cult like following. There is video evidence of what they did to the show jumper Catwalk, theres the video of Linda beating a blind horse around the head with a bulldog lead clip and Pat is known to use water deprivation.

Then like every "movement" there are followers/practitioners who are good and those that most definitely are not. Almost everyone who had every been on livery has met the stereotypical not very good Parelli wannabe. The good are few and far between that west the Parelli gear and wave their carrot stick around.

What is classified as "natural horsemanship" is often talked about on here and not with spite. If you want to talk about good horsemanship you'll find plenty of people in here who will engage about Ray Hunt, Buck Brannaman, the Dorrances or Mark Rashid. There have also been conversations around the newer, for want of a better expression, trainers like Warwick Schiller, Tik Maynard, Richard Maxwell, Jason Webb, Guy Roberston and Joe Midgely.

So I really dont know where you are hand picking your examplea from.

It is very easy to prove everything negative that has been said about TB. It is fact not opinion nor spite and they have been happy to be rude/nasty/aggressive publically.

Millie-Rose

Visit site
I feed Emerald Green grassnuts and chaff it is just grass no chemicals and no hassle and excellent value for money
One of my liveries feeds TB chaff and it smells nice but is hideously expensive. Most of mine have dengie of some sort but the one that is Alfa intolerant has Emerald Green grass chaff. Less than £10 a bag local company to me and have always been helpful when I've spoken to them. Oh and horse loves it. Job done!

Genuinerider

Visit site
Everyone has the right to an opinion, like I said in my earlier post I have no issues at all with their products

For me it comes down to company ethics and customer service, you only find out how good a company is when you actually have a problem.

The way the one individual high up member of staff became hostile, defensive and accusing on the solidarity occasion I experienced an issue, which was unrelated to their product, just to the delivery of it, has put me off using them for life

I haven’t however seen any ‘bullying’ on here, just questions and comments. And frankly each time you post your wording/grammar is more and more alike to the emails I received from that said member of Thunderbrook.

I rate their products still, maybe I’ll return to them in the future when/if they announce they’ve appointed someone better equipped to deal with customer service and concerns/complaints.
Oh so again accusations… can’t you just accept that a member of the public has gad a different experience? So very, very small minded… would you like me to divulge about transmissions, antennas and mobile telephone masts… certifications and technical information you wouldn’t understand? Just to prove an individual NOT connected whatsoever to Thunderbrooks has a positive experience? No wonder no one will post a positive on this thread.. they are probably too scared after reading it!!!

Visit site
Oh so again accusations… can’t you just accept that a member of the public has gad a different experience? So very, very small minded… would you like me to divulge about transmissions, antennas and mobile telephone masts… certifications and technical information you wouldn’t understand? Just to prove an individual NOT connected whatsoever to Thunderbrooks has a positive experience? No wonder no one will post a positive on this thread.. they are probably too scared after reading it!!!

Actually I myself have only stated positive comments about their products and no one has attacked or made me feel unwelcome.

The negative comments I’ve made have been purely related to one member of staff. As you yourself stated you have not had any contact with any member of customer service then there’s no reason why you should have a positive or negative opinion to debate this either way.

I’m unsure why you continue to become defensive on their behalf. As I said earlier everyone is welcome to an opinion. Mine is simply that despite rating their products I wouldn’t recommend after such a poor customer service experience.

I hope you never have an issue you have to contact them regarding. Maybe then you’ll understand though.

Genuinerider

Visit site
Actually I myself have only stated positive comments about their products and no one has attacked or made me feel unwelcome.

The negative comments I’ve made have been purely related to one member of staff. As you yourself stated you have not had any contact with any member of customer service then there’s no reason why you should have a positive or negative opinion to debate this either way.

I’m unsure why you continue to become defensive on their behalf. As I said earlier everyone is welcome to an opinion. Mine is simply that despite rating their products I wouldn’t recommend after such a poor customer service experience.

I hope you never have an issue you have to contact them regarding. Maybe then you’ll understand though.
Again read back to my original comment! Why is this so difficult??? Are you clear on being defensive on their behalf or being defensive on ones self??? I’m sick and tired of being accused of working for a company simply because my experience had been a positive one? I’m not interested in your views or experience… U simply posted my experience so why don’t you just leave it?? If you can’t be bothered ready through my original comment then don’t be bothered replying! It’s that simple

Visit site
TB chaff smells very nice, but it remains the only food that Ponio (aka Fatniss Everdeen of the Hunger Games) has turned up his nose at.

Currently using JustGrass Blox which are much cheaper and give Fatniss many happy hours of entertainment as he gnaws through them.

I have no affiliation to any feed company but am totally open to offers of free feed in return for social media hype, if anyone’s interested ...

Visit site

Your tone doesn’t help you. I have not been nasty at all, I’ve not suggested anything you’ve said, yet you have now launched an unprovoked attack on me! I was explaining that it could be an easy assumption to make that you are involved with the company as you joined to post about a good experience and then have only at that point posted 9 times, not Happy with one single thing anyone else said. I fail to see how my post simply stating the facts is one of bullying and I need to apologise for it!!

Go back and re-read my post before you start attacking people!!

laura_nash

towercottage.weebly.com

Ha ha ha

(long term poster who rides her horses barefoot, feeds turmeric and follows "natural horsemanship" - though more IH / Monty Roberts than Parelli. Including barefoot in your list really proves you are talking nonsense as I would say this forum is in general quite pro, in fact its where I first came across it many, many years ago).

Frumpoon

Visit site
TB chaff smells very nice, but it remains the only food that Ponio (aka Fatniss Everdeen of the Hunger Games) has turned up his nose at.

Currently using JustGrass Blox which are much cheaper and give Fatniss many happy hours of entertainment as he gnaws through them.

I have no affiliation to any feed company but am totally open to offers of free feed in return for social media hype, if anyone’s interested ...

Fatniss ????????

Renvers

Visit site
Can't believe I read this thread through to the end, it is epic.

Mr Fussy likes the Muesli since we tried a fellow liveries in exasperation at what he might eat for longer than a week, so we are tied to it until he changes his mind. I feel fortunate that I can buy it locally from my usual feed merchant and don't have to deal with the company. I really don't like supporting companies with a bad ethos or reputation so will watch them carefully!

Visit site
Well after doing some research on the company I came across this. I’m sorry, it’s not about feed, however it does hugely impact the ethos of the company and the said person in particular. You can find the original yourself by searching Thunderbrook Complaint on Facebook

Im relieved I no longer buy from them, I do not want to fund people like this

Attachments

• 7F53E74C-98E4-425B-980B-94CA670A5576.jpeg
    7F53E74C-98E4-425B-980B-94CA670A5576.jpeg
    709.3 KB · Views: 275
  • 3FC74B87-3C8D-4A28-AB74-9F1330859EEB.jpeg
    3FC74B87-3C8D-4A28-AB74-9F1330859EEB.jpeg
    454.1 KB · Views: 275
  • 40C9DF98-8CEA-479E-A7BE-9904B9500C0B.jpeg
    40C9DF98-8CEA-479E-A7BE-9904B9500C0B.jpeg
    293.7 KB · Views: 263
  • 88DAB2B5-B0BE-4B28-934B-0385FECDCFF2.jpeg
    88DAB2B5-B0BE-4B28-934B-0385FECDCFF2.jpeg
    298 KB · Views: 259
  • 11567E32-0E43-4DF2-964E-BF1D4F03BB0A.jpeg
    11567E32-0E43-4DF2-964E-BF1D4F03BB0A.jpeg
    345 KB · Views: 255

Cragrat

Visit site
Well after doing some research on the company I came across this. I’m sorry, it’s not about feed, however it does hugely impact the ethos of the company and the said person in particular. You can find the original yourself by searching Thunderbrook Complaint on Facebook

Im relieved I no longer buy from them, I do not want to fund people like this

i followed this thread, kind of in two minds. I've never fed TF, mostly because it seems pricey and mine are fine on plain unbranded straights. Therefore I've never dealt with TF, and wondered if maybe the bloke was just one of those 'marmite' people who irritated some but was loved by others.

But this!!!! Why is he not locked up???? Let alone running a company :(