Tik Maynard Clinic in Oxfordshire in August

Mule

Visit site
I am going to watch. Has anyone else tried any of his suggestions? Wheels?
Like just being with the horse - doing nothing and not asking anything of the horse. Relaxing.
My share started yawning. What does it mean when a horse yawns?
I think yawning (when not tired :p) is a sign of stress relief. I find just sitting near them but completely ignoring them is brilliant for an animal that's hard to catch. A week of that for 20 minutes at a time works like magic.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
yep my stressy one yawns when she is returned to a relaxed state from a state of tension. Might be when her stable mate comes back from a ride, or when she sees she's arrived somewhere familiar after a trip on the lorry. Big yawns, right on cue, and then she relaxes.

Wheels

Visit site
I do sit with mine sometimes yeah, in the field (if its dry) or if I'm turning out in the arena I might sit on the mounting block or the pile of rubber that's in the corner. If M is tired he will come and stand next to me and have a snooze but if he's not tired he can be quite annoying TBH, always trying to eat my hair or lick my face or check all my pockets for treats or smething so then we do a bit of liberty work or similar.

Skib

sites.google.com
Thank you for the answers. To be honest she made me just a bit uneasy as I was suddenly facing All those teeth!
This is a share so I have time with the horse before I ride which I have not had with RS horses - only after riding.
She is now such a soft and lovely ride - but it is hard to say whether that is because I am now more used to riding her, or because of the Kit Maynard relaxation advice.
I have never done liberty work - It never entered my head - May be we will learn how at the demo.