Timewasters Rant

GirlFriday

Visit site
OP, I didn't think you were a time waster. I thought that the potential buyers might think you were.

I was just pointing out that there are different perspectives to everything.

Polos

Visit site
OP, I didn't think you were a time waster. I thought that the potential buyers might think you were.

So you don't think people who have not been honest about the fact they cannot afford the asking price of the horse (or anything remotely close), been to see a horse 3 times and wasted your time when you needed to be in bed recovering from surgery and morphine withdrawal, and been downright rude to you and tried to bully you into giving your horse away for peanuts are timewasters then?

Not sure how I could have come across as a timewaster to them in any way tbh, all because I wouldn't accept their offensive offer now makes me appear like a timewaster!

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site

It would make a pretty boring post though wouldn't it...
"So, went to view a horse, made an offer and the owner turned us down - what a timewaster! She should've been glad to take our offer too because the horse definitely had something up with it - it had a fly veil on during exercise and wasn't fit"

Dave's Mam

Visit site
It would make a pretty boring post though wouldn't it...
"So, went to view a horse, made an offer and the owner turned us down - what a timewaster! She should've been glad to take our offer too because the horse definitely had something up with it - it had a fly veil on during exercise and wasn't fit"

"So we decided to pursue our offer & were turned down again. Such a timewaster."

FestiveFuzz

Visit site
So you don't think people who have not been honest about the fact they cannot afford the asking price of the horse (or anything remotely close), been to see a horse 3 times and wasted your time when you needed to be in bed recovering from surgery and morphine withdrawal, and been downright rude to you and tried to bully you into giving your horse away for peanuts are timewasters then?

Not sure how I could have come across as a timewaster to them in any way tbh, all because I wouldn't accept their offensive offer now makes me appear like a timewaster!

Polos you keep saying they can't afford the horse, but aside from making an offer £5k below your asking price I fail to see how you can be so sure it's a case of they can't afford it, rather than they feel it's possibly a tad overpriced given it's unfit and currently out of work. I think personally I would struggle to justify spending the money you're asking for on a horse that's currently not in work, unless it had a fairly substancial competition record/was already known to me, as whilst your situation is genuine, there are many unscrupulous sellers that will sell from the field to avoid disclosing other issues. That said, knowing this I wouldn't have viewed in the first place.

I think your original plan of waiting until you're in a position to bring the horse back into work and then advertising is the best bet.

Polos

Visit site
she's since admitted her what her actual budget is and whilst she says she can stretch it a bit there is no way she will be able to afford the horse.

I'm honestly wishing I didn't let her come and view, the horse isn't even advertised at the moment for all of the genuine reasons listed above (which where made fully aware to this person before they came to view) and these people have been nothing but a rude timewaster

GirlFriday

Visit site
"So we decided to pursue our offer & were turned down again. Such a timewaster."

Thing is there are actually a *lot* of threads on here along those lines (owners perceived as dreamers/not disclosing full history or reason for sale; other posters suggesting the potential buyer checks the horse's comp record/looks for comments about its behaviour on facebook; does some digging as to why it is being sold from field rather than ridden by e.g. an instructor/sales livery temporarily etc)

At the end of the day a horse is worth what someone will pay for it and OP's horse is currently worth more to her than this potential buyer. So, it makes sense for horse to stay with OP for now.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
But as this was presumably a word of mouth situation as the horse was not advertised you'd think most of those questions had already been well known.

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Thing is there are actually a *lot* of threads on here along those lines (owners perceived as dreamers/not disclosing full history or reason for sale; other posters suggesting the potential buyer checks the horse's comp record/looks for comments about its behaviour on facebook; does some digging as to why it is being sold from field rather than ridden by e.g. an instructor/sales livery temporarily etc)

At the end of the day a horse is worth what someone will pay for it and OP's horse is currently worth more to her than this potential buyer. So, it makes sense for horse to stay with OP for now.

I think the OP was just having a rant, about what sounds like a mighty irritating pair of people....not for advice

silv

Visit site
I think the OP was just having a rant, about what sounds like a mighty irritating pair of people....not for advice

I would be having a rant too in her situation. They sound awful and if they had behaved liked that whilst viewing a horse of mine then they would have got short shift. I cannot tolerate rudeness and to ask the seller what she had paid for the horse takes the biscuit!

9tails

Visit site
Have you responded yet, Polos? You need to tell her that it'll be a cold day in hell before you sell your horse to her, no matter how much she can rustle together. Also, if she goes to view any others she would do well to leave the obnoxious friend behind.

cundlegreen

Visit site
This is why I always put "to approved home only" in my ad. I had a lady come 120 miles to try a horse of mine. I hired an outside school with jumps and boxed him up there, she got to see him in a strange place, and loading as well. He was a saint, but she couldn't ride very well, and I didn't like the idea of livery with very restricted turnout. She staggered me at the end of the trial by saying she hadn't run it by her husband (drove a new Rangerover) and that the livery bill would be over 10k a year! She decided not to have him, and I was relieved, as I wouldn't have let him go to a full livery anyway. I suppose you could call her a timewaster......