Pictures To all of those we have lost in 2020.....

nikicb

www.facebook.com
2020 has really been the year that has just kept on giving, but not in a good way. I lost two of my four in the space of less than seven weeks - the youngest (from lymphoma) and the eldest (pretty much to old age, but the melanomas probably contributed). But I thought it would be good to have a thread that celebrated the lives of those we have lost as I know I am not alone. Please share your pictures below, along with your happy memories of lives well lived. xxx

Cassie - 09/05/2007 to 01/10/2020

107892457_1730864153719271_8678232943525453534_o.jpg

Milligan - 1992 to 18/11/2020

126328678_1865561280249557_425302753463051635_n.png

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
So sorry for your losses Niki.
I had to say goodbye to George this year, he was only 17 but his hind fetlocks weren't in a good way and he was in a !ot of pain. We made some fantastic memories together.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
We then also had to say goodbye to Suzie, she was 14 and the last year or so she'd been struggling.

nikicb

www.facebook.com
So sorry for your losses Niki.
I had to say goodbye to George this year, he was only 17 but his hind fetlocks weren't in a good way and he was in a !ot of pain. We made some fantastic memories together.
We then also had to say goodbye to Suzie, she was 14 and the last year or so she'd been struggling.

After we met at Blair a few years ago, I put my old yellow Labrador on the joint supplement you recommended - it definitely made a difference. Run free Suzie and George. xx

nikicb

www.facebook.com
Thank you she meant a lot, I'm sorry for your losses too but glad you have your new girl.

Thank you. Maddie is lovely, but when I opened the ramp on the lorry yesterday for our lesson, all I wanted to see was Cassie. Bittersweet, but I know I am very very lucky to have what I have. xx

shortstuff99

Currently Cambridgeshire! (or where ever I fancy)!
Visit site
Thank you. Maddie is lovely, but when I opened the ramp on the lorry yesterday for our lesson, all I wanted to see was Cassie. Bittersweet, but I know I am very very lucky to have what I have. xx
I know exactly what you mean, it's pretty tough but I now have a new cob who hasn't had the best life and I'm glad that I can hopefully give him an amazing home for his life (I have the Spanish mares too but I always love a cob!)

nikicb

www.facebook.com
I know exactly what you mean, it's pretty tough but I now have a new cob who hasn't had the best life and I'm glad that I can hopefully give him an amazing home for his life (I have the Spanish mares too but I always love a cob!)

That is so lovely. I am looking forward to seeing your updates with him. xx

vmac66

Visit site
Ozzy, he had cruciate done Sept 2019 but unfortunately he began having problems last May in the same leg. The vet said either the plate in his leg had slipped or he had bone cancer. He was in a lot of pain and was, sadly pts in July. He had such a huge charecter. I miss our husky chats. His going has left an Ozzy shaped hole in our lives. 2013-01-18 11.56.01_compress74_compress50.jpg

!CobsCan!

Visit site
My darling little piggy Figaro. I had her for a wonderful 7 years. She passed away peacefully in her sleep in her favourite fleece hide in the first lockdown in may. Miss her so much. She was with me through so much and was a lovely friend. Hope you're eating all the dandelion leaves you want now little one
20201129_084359.jpg20201129_084337.jpg

Visit site
I've lost too many this year. An unborn 9 month gestation foal, Jeff, Flint, Sky, Ginger cat and 2 chickens.

The mare aborted at 9 months, her 2nd pregnancy and her 2nd abortion (6 years apart) so she clearly isn't designed to have foals so she will never be put in foal again. Annoyingly she is a cracking wee pony and would make an awesome mum but I cant risk her life for the sake of a foal. This one was a chestnut filly and the only foal from The Wee Coloured Job.

Jeff was ok in the morning, like he had been heavily sedated in the evening so I of course got the vet who thought with everything it was acute liver failure - and then offered me £300 worth of drugs to keep him alive for another 12-24 hours. Money grabbing idiots. So of course I said no and put him down there and then. We had been through hell and high water over 16 years - racing and retirement. Jeff owed me nothing and I owed him the world.

Flint was 30yo, he choked and the vets couldn't shift it. He was truly a pony of a lifetime for many people.

Sky had retired from racing and had gone to live up north with a wonderful family. Sadly his retirement only lasted 6 months. He became ill overnight, the vet came out to him as it looked like colic but wasn't colic, gave him a light dose of sedation and some painkillers whilst he went off to do blood tests and Sky dropped down dead half an hour later. Nothing ever showed up in the bloods.

Ginger cat was 22yo so she had really good innings.

The chickens - one was old, the other just popped off over night for no apparent reason.

Along with 2 humans. 2020 can really go and do one.

Emilieu

Visit site
My beautiful golden boy, Deano, lost to cancer in March. 8 years together - my best friend. He was the guest of honour at my wedding and when I gave birth to my son I shut my eyes and pictured the view between his ears when the pain was worst. I will miss him always.BEBCCBF0-2A0D-4FC9-89AC-62382F795B9F.jpeg851644F5-8DB0-42F4-9934-244FB5069279.jpeg
And The Great Catsby. Rescued just 4 years ago, after he was left at a local police station. He spent four years lounging about our house covering everything in fluff and then just lay down at the back door and died three weeks ago. 9570665D-4228-482A-B676-7CFA929FB685.jpeg

PSD

Visit site
My beautiful girl Tilly, I said goodbye on 15.05.20

Many of your will remember our story and how the horrific disease laminitis took her. I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy, I thought it would get easier as time went on but it doesn’t. We had 10 wonderful years together, she was my heart horse.

I miss her so much.

756EBB6A-8608-492F-9EF5-F61E3A2E6C1F.jpeg2C5CBCE3-F2F6-4CEF-8E4E-3E9D6047380E.jpeg7B81E231-16ED-44A8-80A1-6462900FB03F.jpeg

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
I’m so sorry for everyone who has lost a beloved soulmate this year.

I lost Holly cat aged 17 in early May. She was the last kitten my husband bought me just before he died and I was dreading her passing because she was the last living link I had left to him. Holly went downhill very suddenly over a few days and I made the call on the Sunday morning to take her in to see the on call vet. Although I couldn’t be with her at the end because of lockdown I took solace in the fact that my favourite vet who had looked after her for the last 8 years was on duty that day.

C148D9D8-BFEB-45C1-AC24-BF09BB92CAEB.jpeg