Today is the day!

cbmcts

Visit site
I wouldn't worry too much about the big dogs hurting her - it's rare a terrier actually gets damaged in the fights they start. I always had the hose to hand outdoors and a squirty bottle can work indoors to disrupt any unwanted behaviour between dogs without you having to make a fuss and get involved. So much of the scrapping is to do with time, toys, attention that if you can stop it dead without emotion it seems to work so no shouting or hauling dogs apart if you can avoid it. Anyway, you'd be insane to put your hand into a terrier fight :) that's why they have tails - you use that to remove them if you really have to! Time out and ignoring both, not just the aggressor gets the message across too.

Cute as she is, and she is insanely cute, set the boundaries now. It's worth it.

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Thank you. Will dig out the squirty bottle! No toys and we're making sure they all get combined and individual attention. Am sure it'll all be splendid. She's learning some voice and hand commands. Definitely a quick learner! Though obviously just because she can doesn't mean to say she will ?

We're off to get a harness. Will attempt more pictures later (or just keep spamming Lev!).

misst

Visit site
She is just gawjuss. That will be an interesting mix! I'd forgotten what hard work young terriorists can be until we got our new one. She is fab but quite challenging and not even a patterdale cross. Apparently the siblings of our girl are very full on too. Good luck in keeping yours off the bed/sofa/laps/anywhere else she wants to go. Good luck with boundaries - she WILL be setting you some ;-) enjoy xx

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
She is, on the whole, making me laugh.

A couple of discussions as she's been good around the bigger ones until she decided otherwise ?. Not acceptable behaviour. But those episodes are reducing.

Had a bit of a 'I don't have enough hands' moment when the more worried Rottie needed reassurance, and of course give attention to one and they're all there in the mix, but all were okay.

Spent a good part of the day out with the wee one getting some bits for her. She made friends everywhere ?? Including the nice lady controlling people going into the services where I'd stopped to get lunch - couldn't take wee one in, couldn't leave her in the car as too hot, so was going to leave it when nice lady offered to hold her for me.

Wee dog travels well either in the crate or on the seat next to me. Spent ages finding a harness that she looked comfy in. It's a bit bulky looking but easy to put on which seems to worry her less.

Nights have been fine. She's in her diddy crate by the others so has company. I'm not sure she needs to be crated longer term but we'll see how it goes. She barked last night but there was a thunderstorm so outside noises.

I'm keeping her on a lead outside unless she's in her run. Need to research the tracker thingies and instil some form of recall! The others all have one word that's easy for me to call, and they get a treat without having to do anything other than come to me so it's all good to them ?. Not sure she's food orientated, either that or I've not yet found the right one.

I'm being a lazy mare (so what's new) and drinking tea whilst lazing in bed. Wee dog is curled up next to me. The GSD has the end so she can stretch out, and the Rotties are on the floor as they want to lie on top of me and it's too early for an elbow in the stomach ?

Gosh. Have written War & Peace length update ? Must stop, tea is going cold ?

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
Aww, what a cute GSD lady you also have MrsMozart!
And your new little cutie bun, well, it certainly both looks, and sounds, as if she's landed on her paws.
s030.gif

palo1

Visit site
May I just point out that MrsM is solely responsible for me looking at JRT puppies again ? yes those ones I’d mentioned before have just been born.... OMG adorable ???

Perhaps you really should consider it Lev? You have said that you would quite like 1 more to add to the pack and a JRT would be very economical to keep after all :) Just saying...!! You have done a huge amount for rescue dogs and it seem likely that you might continue to re-home hounds so, playing devils advocate here, you could really treat yourself to a puppy to bring on entirely how you would like. :) :)

EventingMum

Visit site
Perhaps you really should consider it Lev? You have said that you would quite like 1 more to add to the pack and a JRT would be very economical to keep after all :) Just saying...!! You have done a huge amount for rescue dogs and it seem likely that you might continue to re-home hounds so, playing devils advocate here, you could really treat yourself to a puppy to bring on entirely how you would like. :):)

Totally agree!