Today my horse amazed me because.....

nikicb

www.facebook.com
Sorry, just feeling the love for my fab boy at the moment, but don't have anything specific to report on, so thought I'd start a thread for all of us sad people to post random stuff about our horses. So.....

Today my horse amazed me because..... he hasn't been ridden (or lunged etc.) for a week and I got him out of bed, threw him in the lorry and took him for a lesson. He was no different to how he is normally. For a busy mum that fits in horses amongst everything else, that means a lot. What has your horse done today that means a lot to you? :)

tubby1

Visit site
Today my horse amazed me by coming to greet me for the first time in the field rather than disappearing into the distance. It was lovely :D

heebiejeebies

Visit site
Today my horse amazed me by being completely fascinated by a tractor doing the field and not flattening me to certain death and running for the hills like he usually does.

I'm still convinced it was all a dream....

3Beasties

Visit site
Today my horse amazed me by not having a complete meltdown when we had walkers, dogs and horses riding towards us (not all at once thankfully!). Usually he completely freaks and I have to plant him in a gateway to stop him turning tail and p!ssing off!

liz4949

Visit site
...he is always so pleased to see me! Fair enough he knows I have his tea with me first off, but while I am poo picking he follows me round. Then he gets in my way so I have to keep paying him attention and then watches me through the hedge until I'm out of sight. He isn't lonely, he has lots of horse friends with him but it is sweet that they do seek out human company too.

Dusty85

Visit site
....By just being him!

I love my ponio and all his facial expressions/habits/annoyances, but he's a dude that tries his heart out and I wouldnt swap him for the world!

ZondaR

Visit site
...by making friends with the new horses he is sharing a field with and hiding behind them when I went to catch him. He then herded them to keep them between him and me. While I was annoyed because it took 20 mins to catch him, I was also a bit proud of how he worked it all out and carried out his plan.

tankgirl1

Visit site
Riding in the hay field and he only properly tried to pull down and snatch a mouthful once! We had a cheeky canter too - he could have ditched me and scoffed instead, easily! But he didn't :D

SuperCoblet

Visit site
Today my horse amazed me because he may only be 13.3hh and a cob with weirdly short legs but today we cleared the top of the wings :D
DSC_0417_zps503cf160.jpg

Achinghips

Visit site
We had THE best nose and muzzle kisses and wither scratches with wobbly silly anteater mouths we have ever had and in the cuddles I noticed how much muscle he has gained since winter in all the right places :)

Shantara

Visit site
(ok, so it wasn't today, but yesterday!)

He let me put wound powder on some cuts on his hind legs and also let me put sudocrem on it! He doesn't like me touching his legs at the best of times, let alone when he's gone nasty wounds!!

He also stayed in his pen and we had a lovely cuddle :)

Sprocket123

Visit site
Mine amazes me how tolerant of children she is, we rode past the park so my children could say hello while granny was babysitting we ended up with all the kiddies in the park cuddling her - she loved every minute

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
....he has recently developed a massive enthusiasm for his work and is becoming a joy to ride and train :)

Ruftysdad

Visit site
Went in to the field to give him an apple.(Cannot ride at the moment) and when I ran down the field he trotted with me all the way to the gate. Sweet!

jess2353

Visit site
I've only owned my boy about 3
Weeks and his gone from me a little star to a little humbug. However...... Today on our second time lunging, he worked fab, Very responsive, didn't have all the rushing about and being stupid and he done some trotting and cantering poles + cross pole jumps showing how well balanced & brave he is for a 4yo. Mega happy with him :)

Tobiano

Visit site
..... he loaded first time on to the lorry, even though last week we had a mishap with the partition which crashed into him. And because when he was being hosed, which he hated, he put his head on my shoulder. Felt a bit teary!

Madam Min

Visit site
Today we did our first ever combined training and jumped the biggest course of fences we'd ever jumped! Oh and no swearing from me as is usual when we do a wall of death round the area! :p

Love her loads! :eek: :)

LadyRascasse

Visit site
Because we jumped 1.15m for the first time (0.9 is are previous max) and his technique was so much better. Love him as he is so honest :)

Captain Bridget

Visit site
I was good amazed with him yesterday as he jumped everything I pointed him at. Then today I was bad amazed because he did a massively dirty stop and nearly had me out the side door!