Tokyo Eventing Dressage

Lexi_

Visit site
Potentially daft question… will it being a shorter test (and presumably fewer movements and marks) mean that we’re likely to get the scores more bunched together, or would the spread be about normal?

(I am really bad at maths ?)

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
All these empty seats depress me! If the world had been normal I’d intended bidding to work a Tokyo flight and go and watch this.

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
That’s depressing @TheMule.

I’m not sure that I thought that deserved practically the same score as Oli though. The halt and rein back were poor and there was some tension elsewhere. Although most of it looked wonderful. He’s an elaborate horse and Alex is elegant too.

RachelFerd

www.facebook.com
So, as of break, my fave test was Alex's. But Oli tips it in the scoring because of his immaculate halt and rein back - a lesson to us all that you have to train the basic boring stuff 100% to get the best marks. And I think USA will be rueing leaving their best dressage horse in the stable come the end of the day...

TheMule

Visit site
That’s depressing @TheMule.

I’m not sure that I thought that deserved practically the same score as Oli though. The halt and rein back were poor and there was some tension elsewhere. Although most of it looked wonderful. He’s an elaborate horse and Alex is elegant too.

The overall quality of the work is much higher and the horse is not constantly pinned just behind the vertical.
It had 2 mistakes but was overall the nicer picture IMO

RachelFerd

www.facebook.com
The overall quality of the work is much higher and the horse is not constantly pinned just behind the vertical.
It had 2 mistakes but was overall the nicer picture IMO
Alex's picture is that of nearly being pure dressage, with lightness and self carriage a bit ahead of Oli's. Just had a little blip.

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
Most of the 10s I’ve seen in eventing years have been for the halt. It’s the easiest movement there is if you’ve got a calm horse!

I didn’t think Alex’s test looked that much higher quality work personally. They were both very nice to watch. Alex’s seemed more flashy, Oil’s very accurate. It will be interesting to see future good riders and their marks. It’s close already!

Now trying to decide whether to keep watching or go to bed!