Tokyo Eventing Dressage

Lexi_

Visit site
Well, i'm surprised that Sandra's test didn't go better. This is going to be an interesting competition...

I’ve just looked and wow, didn’t expect the Germans to be out of the 20s! Did she have much in the way of mistakes or tension?

Kat

Visit site
They ride in uniform as that’s who funds them individually. Olympics is a full nation/team event. Also not sure whether military uniform is allowed under the newer non political sporting event.
I thought I had seen military uniforms at the olympics before, I could be confused, or perhaps it has changed.

Kat

Visit site
I'm enjoying seeing some plaited tails. I think it is a shame that there aren't more plaited tails at competitions.

Kat

Visit site
I think we (quite rightly) don't see a lot of them as they can definitely contribute to tightness and tension (think how a super tight french plait feels??)

Yes, I know that is why show jumpers don't plait manes too. I really like the look of a nicely plaited tail though, or a natural one well groomed, I'm not a fan of heavily pulled tails.

Kat

Visit site
Well, the results are interesting aren't they, who would have thought Germany would be in 5th at this stage!? Team GB are well set for the next two days.

Sweden and Japan are looking better than expected too, very strong indeed. Plus China in 4th, I'm not sure anyone expected them to do quite so well.

Very disappointing for Australia a few weeks ago they were pretty well favoured for a medal but are down at 10th.

Still lots can still change and we haven't seen Michael Jung yet!

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
I do like a plaited tail, but some of them were plaited so far down it looked like they had a tail bandage on.

Yes a very surprising result table so far. I think there may be some surprises in the end results. Some of these, practically unheard of in eventing, nations have clearly put a lot of work in.

myheartinahoofbeat

Visit site
I think I might have to stay up late to watch the last dressage group. This new format with only 3 riders means there is no margin for error whatsoever. I think I preferred it when there were 4 riders but I understand it's to enable more nations to compete which is a great idea.Having said that it puts huge pressure on all the team riders.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
thankyou, i have been getting confused. i think i will try and stay awake sat night sun morning to watch the c/c but will miss the dressage as i wouldnt be able to stay awake 2 nights running. i can check out the dressage afterwards

Visit site
Yes, I know that is why show jumpers don't plait manes too. I really like the look of a nicely plaited tail though, or a natural one well groomed, I'm not a fan of heavily pulled tails.

Ginger McCain didn't like his horses tails to be plaited either. Donald doesn't mind and most of his horses tails are plaited. We plait most of ours as most races have a £50 BTO but we don't plait horses that are easily worked up at the races. Only 3 of us can plait tails at the yard and neither of us plait tightly. The center plait bit is tight but if you poke it it bounces, the sides are loose so they don't affect the horse. A well done tail is a marvel and a dying art.

Mule

Visit site
after watching all of the pure dressage i have to now get my eye in for eventing dressage and not expect big floaty paces. i thought the indians test was nice to watch ,miised most of lauras as the kitchen fitter decided to arrive as she wemt down the centre line but i thought he looked a bit tense and mark was ok.... i didnt manage to see the first group but will be watching the c/c if i can stay awake, looks like a testing course, anyone heard what the riders think of it
The eventing horses are built so differently to the dressage horses.
They look like long distance runners and the dressage horses look like sprinters.

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
Ginger McCain didn't like his horses tails to be plaited either. Donald doesn't mind and most of his horses tails are plaited. We plait most of ours as most races have a £50 BTO but we don't plait horses that are easily worked up at the races. Only 3 of us can plait tails at the yard and neither of us plait tightly. The center plait bit is tight but if you poke it it bounces, the sides are loose so they don't affect the horse. A well done tail is a marvel and a dying art.

Quite right, I used to plait literally hundreds of manes and tails every hunting season, so the horses were having to do hours of work with plaits in, and it is a total art to having them looking really smart but still comfortable.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
The eventing horses are built so differently to the dressage horses.
They look like long distance runners and the dressage horses look like sprinters.

i have been around for a very long time and know why they are different, i have friends who event and i help them with their dressage and know their paces will be nothing like the top dressage horses, it just takes a test for me to adjust my expectations after being immersed in top class dressage for the last few days

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
I’m flagging already and it’s not even started!! I used to be so good at pushing through tiredness when I flew long haul! 16 months of not flying and I’m hopeless.

Reactions: TPO