Tokyo Eventing SJ thread

Denbob

Visit site
My two cents:

London 52 will hopefully be a bit more chill having seen the arena if she's managed to settle him during the break and hopefully go clear. Ballaghmor Class isn't the cleanest showjumper and I'm predicting (but hoping against!) at least a pole there. Don't think Tom has anything to worry about from Toledo as long as he's not too tired. I can't see Julia or Andrew having a pole down either... but obviously will be keeping all things crossed and checking my phone!!

Kat

Visit site
My two cents:

London 52 will hopefully be a bit more chill having seen the arena if she's managed to settle him during the break and hopefully go clear. Ballaghmor Class isn't the cleanest showjumper and I'm predicting (but hoping against!) at least a pole there. Don't think Tom has anything to worry about from Toledo as long as he's not too tired. I can't see Julia or Andrew having a pole down either... but obviously will be keeping all things crossed and checking my phone!!

I hope you are wrong about Oli as it would take him down to 8th (depending upon what the others do), though you are right, of the top 5 he is the most likely to have a pole.

It would give us Julia, Tom and Andrew in that order with Laura 4th.

Denbob

Visit site
I mean there’s no denying Alex is from a privileged background but it’s also not at all relevant?

He seems to be pretty tireless in promoting the sport in and on behalf of China - good luck to him!

I think it's fair to say a good number of riders at this level are of a slightly wealthier background (not all but most!) and it's good to recognise that but singling someone out like that is unfair and unnecessary

hoofprints1994

Visit site
If anyone is interested - Equiratings predictions have Julia at a 63% chance of winning, Oli at 19% and Tom at 17%! (And them to be 1st, 2nd 3rd in that order, with Laura in 5th). Be interesting to see if they get it right - though all it will take is a single pole though to change things! It is going to be so close, i'm not sure I will be able to watch! Our GB riders have achieved such an amazing thing already - it must be so difficult to enjoy the moment knowing you have to go and jump again!