Tokyo Eventing SJ thread

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
So, of the top ten horses (pre 2nd round) 6 are French bred - 5 Selle Francais, and Vassily de Lassos is in the Anglo Arab stud book but has a SF sire. So the French have a lot to celebrate - not just the team bronze.. they're now far and away breeding the best event horses in the world.

I have a soft spot for French horses having shared a SF and loaned another one and my previous tb was french bred.

HashRouge

Visit site
Oli looks much happier in the interview.

He looks like the cat that got the cream doesn't he!? Absolutely chuffed to bits, really lovely.

So happy for all three of them, it is an amazing achievement
In the interview he said he didn't know how much he had in store, so I wonder if he was worried about that pole?

Reactions: Kat

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
It’s nice to see him looking more happy and relaxed. That was a lovely interview. I hope they can stay calm for the individuals. And know whatever happens they’ve already done us proud and are superstars. For a team that have nobody with prior Olympic experience and no family/friends with them for personal support they’ve had it extra tough, yet given us the best results in decades!

I think the ceremony for team and individual medals must be together.

ive managed to repot 15 plants DRB of

Last edited:

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
Who knows? There’s not much communication anywhere! I find it bizarre that the discovery lot have left the camera and mic running during the arena set up but not bothered to tell us when they’re coming back and what for! I’ve been potting plants while it’s been on and heard people looking for water bottles in the background!

HashRouge

Visit site
Who knows? There’s not much communication anywhere! I find it bizarre that the discovery lot have left the camera and mic running during the arena set up but not bothered to tell us when they’re coming back and what for! I’ve been potting plants while it’s been on and heard people looking for water bottles in the background!
Some of the Discovery footage is weird. Yesterday in the athletics they kept saying "let's go to Greg down at the track..." and then there would be nothing! And they'd just carry on with their commentary as though nothing had happened, and I was left wondering what had happened to Greg Rutherford (who was great the day before!).

Denbob

Visit site
I;m fuuuuuuuuming, got my times wrong and my appointment is at 1:30 so I missed the team for no reason and will now miss the individual as well! Gutted for Laura and Oli for the individuals but still (to use a favourite) very much all to play for ;)

Bloody well done to team GB, that 4 pole gap came in handy!

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
anyone know what time julia will be jumping, if not how long do they allow for each round. ive got a painter coming at 4.30 to give me an estimate, do i need to delay him? there is no way im going to miss any of it!!!!

Wishfilly

Visit site
anyone know what time julia will be jumping, if not how long do they allow for each round. ive got a painter coming at 4.30 to give me an estimate, do i need to delay him? there is no way im going to miss any of it!!!!

Only 25 jumping, and they were going through them at a fair pace before, so I think 4.30 should be safe?

Kat

Visit site
Strangely John Kyle's instagram suggests that he is commentating on the eventing cross country (which he had said previously) so where is he on discovery? That pillock they have got on today is really annoying me, but I don't trust the beeb not to chop and change.