Tokyo Pentathlon SJ

Kat

Visit site
It would be interesting to know how some of these riders train, a lot ride a bit like they do in the American hunter classes, in a light seat a bit forward, but the horses don't really like it. They could do with sitting up and back and down more, at least they would be more likely to stay in the saddle if the horse stops.

Roxylola

Visit site
I can't watch as I'm working but 1m20! ?
I've long maintained that a sound fit horse and rider should be able to get round a 1m track - not without any training obviously, but it should be achievable. Personally I feel that would be enough to ask even at the Olympics without it getting unsafe for horse or rider.
Once you start getting much past 1m you start needing a bit of skill from the rider - even more so on a horse you've not ridden before

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
It would be interesting to know how some of these riders train, a lot ride a bit like they do in the American hunter classes, in a light seat a bit forward, but the horses don't really like it. They could do with sitting up and back and down more, at least they would be more likely to stay in the saddle if the horse stops.
yeah the ones who have ridden in a style we'd recognise as standard SJ seat seem to fare a lot better. perhaps it's also that they are less passive.

Reactions: Kat

milliepops

Visit site
I read that Kate French did Tetrathlons previously so she must have a fair bit of riding experience under her belt.

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
I'm a bit in love with this grey John, he totally knows his job doesn't he, very kind. Reckon I might be able to get round with him (if I didn't have a nervous breakdown because the fences are over 75cm).

Same, either him is Cairo, I'd probably have a breakdown as they're over cross pole height however ?

British girl did well

Kat

Visit site
Mine keeps saying programme unavailable like the coverage has ended :mad: I've tried going in and out.

Oh well at least I won't miss the beginning of the SJ

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
Mine keeps saying programme unavailable like the coverage has ended :mad: I've tried going in and out.

Oh well at least I won't miss the beginning of the SJ
Its Eurosport so maybe you can see it on their channels? I think they're on the last 3 horses so praying it finishes in time.

milliepops

Visit site
MP seems to have its own set of rules for the riding that are just kinda different to those under the FEI. unusual really.