Tomorrow is new friend day!

HashRouge

Visit site
Good question ? originally she was thought to be a girl, however the lady I’m getting her from now seems to think she might actually be a he! I’m not fussed either way as I’ll be getting her/him neutered/spayed
S/he is more likely to be female, as male tortoiseshells are quite rare (not impossible though!).

SpotsandBays

Visit site
S/he is more likely to be female, as male tortoiseshells are quite rare (not impossible though!).
Yeah I did abit if reading online on torties. So I’m kinda going along with the idea that she is indeed a she (as it does seem more probable!), but I’ll let you guys know when I figure it out ☺️

SpotsandBays

Visit site
I'm trying to convince Mum to get another kitten! I found an ad for a Maine Coon Bengal cross which is exactly the same as our Teddy. So searching for kittens and now this thread is torture for me!

She looks very cute. Lots of photos/videos when she arrives please!
Oooo keep us updated on your search!!!
I’ll spam when she’s here!

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
When I was a kid someone locally had a tortoiseshell male, the only one I have ever come across. He was said to be infertile, they said tortie boys always were. No idea if that is true.

I was watching a video the other day and torties can only be female (99%) or intersex even if the cat is outwardly male as the colour is carried on the X chromosome. A male would be XXY.

I had two tortie sisters that lived to 16 and 18.

Lardy and Satan meet my mums boxer.

fMyVoDw.jpg

HashRouge

Visit site
Yeah I did abit if reading online on torties. So I’m kinda going along with the idea that she is indeed a she (as it does seem more probable!), but I’ll let you guys know when I figure it out ☺️
It's fascinating isn't it!
We had a lovely dark tortoiseshell called Pepper who died in 2017, and our first cat was a tortoiseshell and white. It's a lovely colour!

Barton Bounty

If you heard the rumours it is probably true 😂
Visit site
I was watching a video the other day and torties can only be female (99%) or intersex even if the cat is outwardly male as the colour is carried on the X chromosome. A male would be XXY.

I had two tortie sisters that lived to 16 and 18.

Lardy and Satan meet my mums boxer.

fMyVoDw.jpg
Initially I thought they were ornaments ?