Too much to expect?

Palindrome

Visit site
Depending if you have your own transport and how much the deposit is, I'd be inclined to go with transport to "collect" the horse but tell the seller I'd be giving the horse a little lunge first to check soundness and behaviour before loading the horse (if you pay by bank transfer it is instantaneous so can be done after checks). I was going to say walk away but since you left a deposit it might be there is no incentive for the dealer to do further work as he could keep the deposit and then sell the horse again if he is genuine.

Sometimes you can get a nice horse even if the transaction seems a bit dodgy. I imagine the horse is a bit of a bargain as sold from the field.

Gingerwitch

Visit site
How much is the deposit ? Can you not get a local "pro" to give you an opinion or won't they let someone else sit on it ? You could "pay the pro" for a few sessions, if they day no then I would seriously consider walking away. Good luck x

Simbapony

Visit site
How much is the deposit ? Can you not get a local "pro" to give you an opinion or won't they let someone else sit on it ? You could "pay the pro" for a few sessions, if they day no then I would seriously consider walking away. Good luck x
This is what started the whole thing off ! I asked a local pro about coming to help me with it and she was saying they should be able to sit on it.

Winters100

Visit site
Makes no sense at all. No time to show you the horse being brought in and tacked up, but if you don't buy it then dealer will have to find time to take care of it. And time to make a video of this but no time to do it if you are present. Run, and be happy that you might have saved yourself an accident.

Nari

Visit site
I'd rather lose the deposit than get hurt. I wonder if she'll feel differently if you say there's no sale if you can't see it tacked up and sat on?

Simbapony

Visit site
Thats basically what I've said and she has said she is keeping the deposit as turned down lots of other customers (after 3 days!)