Touzaint good winner?

JoJo_

Visit site
What does everyone think of the frenchman winning badders? Personally I wanted william fox-pitt to. Or at least a british rider. Never seen someone cry like a girl quite like that hehe. Good entertainment I guess.

Eira

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Never seen someone cry like a girl quite like that hehe. Good entertainment I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

blush.gif
grin.gif
crazy.gif
smirk.gif

Skhosu

Visit site
Don't like him..dropped the reins and not a lot of consideration for his horse.
And the crying....
Yes..I was hoping for a british rider!

amage

Visit site
Rode a very good sj round on a very careless horse...would doubt many others could have brought him home with just one down. Lucy Wiegersma was good and thought Lenamore jumped class. WFP excellent as usual and thought Oli Townend missing stone blind was hilarious

arwenplusone

www.freewebs.com
[ QUOTE ]
PMSL at his crying-a little over the top!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it was over the top.
We are just not used to such displays!
tongue.gif

I would be crying if I got that far.
grin.gif

Sarah_Jane

Visit site
So pleased for Lucy just a shame she didn't go one higher. Should put her well in contention for olympics. I do believe that NT is a great horseman.

rss07

Visit site
Hate the rein dropping, he did it to the grey horse when it finished the XC at athens, and look how that horse ended up the next day.

k1963

Visit site
I wanted Lucy or Polly to win
frown.gif

NT is good , but agree with the rein dropping - not good for the horse at all .

Flame_

Visit site
Duh, I thought the re-run of yesterday was on 'til three o'clock. Just came in to watch the showjumping and it was finishing.
frown.gif
I'm glad he won, he deserved to going off what I saw yesterday. Of course we all want a British winner but he looks a hell of a jockey IMHO. I'm curious, besides Frenchness
tongue.gif
, what is it that his critics have against him?

Skhosu

Visit site
The rein dropping for one...
I didn't think his xc looked as smooth as many others, nearly every fence that horse was very honest. Maybe just me.

Thistle

Visit site
NT is a superb horseman, his horses clearly love being ridden by him and try their hardest. He is very balanced and so are his horses. That is why he is able to drop the reins as the horses are not relying on his contact for balance.

How mant of his critics could gallop round an arena totally in control yet with no reins, like he just did.

I just wish he was British!.

So what if he cried, what is wrong with showing some emotion.

DiablosGold

Visit site
I think he rode really well, and deserved to win. I cried watching him when he jumped off and was all emotional.

Obviously would rather a British rider win though!

kerilli

Visit site
it's like a lesson in how to break a horse down, totally inconsiderate to the horse. after a round like that, and considering what it did yesterday, he should have pulled it up and patted it, not galloped around like a lunatic for 5 minutes showing off to the crowds.
yes, he's a good rider, but i don't think he's a great rider. he was lucky that the horse didn't have more down the way he rode it... especially the last line. lots of riders impressed me this weekend, but not him. as usual xc he was s*** or bust, it worked yesterday but sometimes it doesn't.
sorry, it's not sour grapes, i just don't like the way he rides. sometimes he looks like he's s***ging the horse, not riding it! he has very very classy horses, but there are much classier jockeys imho.
the crying? well, i'd be hysterical with joy as well i guess, i suppose it gave Clare Balding something to talk about!

sillygillyhorse

Visit site
Cant say I like seeing him drop the reins like that but do agree with Thistle about his balance etc.

As I watched his xc round yesterday by the time he had got to the quarry I was convinced I was watching this years winner.

Fine for him to cry and show emotion, after all he is French, it is us Brits that are so uptight about showing emotion. It obviously meant an enormous amount to him and he was not afraid to let us know that.

Puppy

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Hate the rein dropping, he did it to the grey horse when it finished the XC at athens, and look how that horse ended up the next day.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to say, that's exactly what I always think when I see him,
crazy.gif
and he did it today too
frown.gif
He is an excellent rider though.

Would have preferred to see Lucy or William win,
smile.gif
but NT did ride it excellently throughout and therefore you can't deny he deserved the victory which clearly meant a lot to him
grin.gif

rss07

Visit site
Yes, I'm sure the grey horse was so balanced in athens when he chucked the reins at it? wasnt it both front tendons damaged? Rumour that may have been, and perhaps unrelated to the rein throwing business, either way, I think maybe he could set a better example.

vic07

Visit site
A poor winner in my opinion. Hate how he drops his reins - poor riding. His sj was awful - no consistency and swinging all over the horse. Didn't keep a rhythm and allow the horse to jump - lucky for him it did. If his horses weren't top class he wouldn't win much!

Eventer101

Visit site
This was an outstanding win for an amazing rider. For NT to get Hildago around that course with just the one down was a pleasure to watch and it showed how much talent he has. In my opinion he is without a doubt one of the best in the business.

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
I think the french are an emotional lot, sadly I missed it because I was recording and bl**dy SKy decided to drop the signal part way through. I'm going to watch later on that jalipo page, I still have 1000 credits which will be two clips..
I don't blame him for crying, I think I would too, and why should anyone belittle him just because he's a bloke, Zara cried I recall and no-one slated her for it!
CCJ was back at Lucy's base today watching the show jumping with three other grooms, you can imagine how excited they all were. C did say she thought Lucy rode much better than NT in her opinion, which seems a shame he then beat her.
It will mean they surely can't not put Lucy in the Olympic Team after a result like that, and it's going to be exciting training on a yard with that sort of profile.
I reckon there will be some celebrations at the yard this week, but then as I mentioned in an earlier post, a few weeks ago I was watching L ride possibly her sixth horse that day in the torrential rain, concentrating away, and thought to myself how dedicated you have to be to cope with that lifestyle.
There' s a big mental toughness difference in professional riders and the rest of us I reckon.
I enjoyed watching this Badminton more than any other I think, fantastic course, a real test and I felt a fair one.
Now if I could just see any of the Sj I'd be happy..
grin.gif