Transexual wants sex change/hormone therapy on the NHS

Oberon

Visit site
I work in emergency medicine.

If I have 9 male patients - half (at least) will be in with alcohol related issues. Abdo pain, chronic/acute pancreatitis, confusion, seizures, head injuries etc etc.

Of nine female - I'd have around 4 of the same.

Then there are the IVDUs with abcessed injection sites, necrotic wounds and blood clots in their lungs and legs. Some are in wheel chairs after having a leg off - but they're still on the methadone and smack.

Obese people in with abdo pain, chest pain, blood clots, new onset of diabetes etc.

Smokers in with shortness of breath, COPD with acidosis, asthma.

Diabetics who refuse to take their insulin in with DKA (week after week after week).

And of course, at Christmas when all the elderly peole are dumped at A&E by their families.

I won't even begin to get into what goes on in A&E.

Safe to say - alot of NHS's resources are wasted on anti-social behaviour.

It's not for me to judge on individual cases and I understand that transgender people have a genuine problem - but there just isn't the money.

I am terrified they will go ahead with the plan and turn the NHS into a system like the US.

People would die because they wouldn't be able to afford treatment for cancer, nevermind hormone therapy.

I can't watch people die because of money. I'd have to stop nursing - I couldn't bear it.

Last edited:

MerrySherryRider

Visit site
Friends brother had a sex change on the NHS about 10 years ago. He had little counselling before and afterwards found it difficult to cope with life as a woman. He still suffered from depression, low self esteeme and social phobia, onl now he had a new identity to cope with and the self exclusion that resulted from it. He regretted having it done.
Also had a friend who had a lovely boob job done on the NHS...

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
I work in mental health and actually question how many people who deem themselves to be transgender actually are so. The likelyhood of these people having suffered severe trauma in childhood is high, which may have lead to an abnormal degree of disociation and a dislike/hatred of the gener which suffered the trauma. If more money was spent on training mental health professionals to work with the sequalea of childhood trauma, including providing appropriate assesment, then the money used for opperations and hormone treatment could, IMO be vastly reduced.