Trec Competition

Ferdinase514

Visit site
Ok...haven't done one of these before, but thought it might be a laugh! Doing it in August with one of my friends (pairs).

I've acquired lots of things on the list, but am not sure what i need in my "basic first aid kit for horse and rider"? Any ideas?

Also, what would you use to stash all this stuff in whilst riding?!

Bounty

www.freewebs.com
I did my first one last weekend, also pairs. You'll love it!

For my first aid kid i took a vetrap bandage, a small dressing, antiseptic cream (doubles for horse and rider) and then plasters and painkillers for me.
A few extra things that it'd be sensible to take are a hoof pick, string and knife. I stowed it all away in a mini rucksack which worked fine. I tried squeezing it all in to a bumbag, but with a drink as well it just wasn't happening!
I gleaned most of the info i needed off the trec website's forum www.trec-uk.com

Hope you really enjoy it, what level are you doing?
For almost the whole of the POR we were soaked - torrential rain and hail, but still came back with big grins.

helenandshadow

Visit site
I went to rother valley rc semi trec competition (no orientering phase) it was really good and i came 4th!!!
grin.gif

Hornby

Visit site
We're doing one on Saturday - the little ruck sack sounds like a good idea - I was planning to be covered in little bumbags and things attached to my belt but I think I would look like a tinker! We are practising the obstables in the school tomorrow and I have to do the map reading and speed setting, my friend is in charge of getting the horses to keep moving on a "strange hack" as I won't have a hand - or leg - free to actually ride, what with maps, string, speed calculations etc etc. I'm looking fwd to it (I think!)