Tried and tested ways of getting motorists to slow down

scruffyponies

Visit site

Rowreach

🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪
Visit site
That looks perfectly normal to me - not super considerate, but not out of line. Pickup guy slowed as soon as he saw the horse, and road wasn't wide enough to give more space than he did.

Yeah I'd have been happy enough with that.

I would post the video of what happened to me yesterday on the road, but it's with the police now, so I'd better not. A few on here will have seen it on Facebook, and others I've posted on there this year. I reckon about 12 drivers in the past year have had a visit and a chat, four have had points and/or a caution, one of them has since written off their car when drunk driving, but the others have definitely improved when they pass me on my horse. Most are just a bit unimaginative and "don't think", until they are told. Some will never get it, like the bloke who got a visit, was told I had given the police video footage, and then stopped his vehicle and accosted me in the road, giving me yet more footage (and getting another visit in the process) :rolleyes:

EnduroRider

Visit site
I recommend buying ex Police hi viz clothing from eBay, here's just one of many items https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/40326151...ar=673329062715&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

The presence of the chequerboard seems to make a significant difference to how drivers react. It is also cheaper than stuff marketed at riders and far better made. The lightweight stuff is perfect for summer but still has sleeves and the waterproof items are properly waterproof. I've just noticed there are currently long mounted police coats on there so may have to get one of those!

Barton Bounty

Just simply loving life with Orbi 🥰
Visit site
That looks perfectly normal to me - not super considerate, but not out of line. Pickup guy slowed as soon as he saw the horse, and road wasn't wide enough to give more space than he did.
Its not normal!! , your normal and my normal are very different then lol. he was doing 60 on approach slowed to 40 granted it doesnt look like that on the camera, should have said that first to save the hassle of being quoted I guess. Edited now ?