Trooping the Colour

stangs

Visit site
We're on The Mall, the police had a great round of applause when they unceremoniously carried off the protesters, who got booed by the crowd. I think there were twelve of them. When the police returned they got a standing ovation ????
I do agree in part with what they’re protesting over, but definitely not the smartest way of going around things.

Trouper

Visit site
Think the Household Cavalry horse may have slipped on the turn in to begin their "march past". The surface put down on Horseguards seemed to have spilled out onto the tarmac surface so wonder if it slipped on it on the turn. With the uniform the guys have to wear I don't suppose you stand a chance of staying with the horse if they go down. Will be interesting to see if there is any report of it in tomorrow's papers.

teapot

Visit site
Princess Annes horse had a dangly plume off its bridle, what does that signify ?

She’s Colonel in Chief of the Blues & Royals and Goldstick now, so it could signify that’s her horse/rank etc (ie you’d see it from afar).

Though the saying goes you’ll never find two officers dressed the same, and that includes the horses…

dogatemysalad

Visit site
We're on The Mall, the police had a great round of applause when they unceremoniously carried off the protesters, who got booed by the crowd. I think there were twelve of them. When the police returned they got a standing ovation ????

Lucky you. I would have loved to have been there. The horses looked amazing. We do world class parades and it's lovely to see a mass gathering where people look so happy.

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
Have just watched the vid's of the protestors on the Mall AND the loose horse on the parade-ground.

Only the British could keep the troops marching and the whole thing continuing seamlessly when this was occurring as if nothing had happened! Not for nothing are we known as the ONLY nation who can put on a decent show when Pomp & Circumstance is needed! Well done everyone.

Velcrobum

Visit site
We watched the fly past on television then ran outside and saw the Red Arrows followed by the Typhoons heading back to base. Brilliant!

OH was fishing very close to RAF Fairford - about half a mile east of the runway, he said the Red Arrows flew in formation very very low (300 ft!!) over him and the runway. They then broke formation to land at 40 second intervals.
Last time he was there he saw 2 U2 spy planes come in to land.

cindars

Visit site
She’s Colonel in Chief of the Blues & Royals and Goldstick now, so it could signify that’s her horse/rank etc (ie you’d see it from afar).

Though the saying goes you’ll never find two officers dressed the same, and that includes the