Truly the end of an era....

{97702}

Visit site
Thank you again for your lovely words, they really do help in times like this xxx

I am going through that whole emotional whirl where I am missing her so much but also I am so grateful for our 10 wonderful years together and that I was able to make the right choice for her so she went peacefully and with dignity, enjoying her life to the end.

Cayla has said some amazing words on Facebook which got me crying my eyes out all over again, but as I have said to her she really will never know how grateful I am to her for letting me have Amy - I couldn’t have asked for a better dog ❤️❤️❤️❤️

palo1

Visit site
So sad for you Levrier:( It is wonderful though that you know how fabulous she was, what she brought to your life and what you gave her. That isn't something that every dog owner or every dog has though they should. When my 2 children were very small and I had to have my much loved old horse PTS I told them, somewhat in desperation and sadness, that he would be so happy with the beautiful glossy black wings he would have sprouted and that he would be able to fly high, fast and for as long as he wanted now. That image brought me some joy actually so I looked at Amy's picture and imagined her with fabulous fleet,glossy wings. I know it is probably infantile and I hope that doesn't upset you but can you imagine how much trouble a greyhound that could fly would be?:p:D Hugs.

{97702}

Visit site
So sad for you Levrier:( It is wonderful though that you know how fabulous she was, what she brought to your life and what you gave her. That isn't something that every dog owner or every dog has though they should. When my 2 children were very small and I had to have my much loved old horse PTS I told them, somewhat in desperation and sadness, that he would be so happy with the beautiful glossy black wings he would have sprouted and that he would be able to fly high, fast and for as long as he wanted now. That image brought me some joy actually so I looked at Amy's picture and imagined her with fabulous fleet,glossy wings. I know it is probably infantile and I hope that doesn't upset you but can you imagine how much trouble a greyhound that could fly would be?:p:D Hugs.

Oh Palo she would love it - she was always very fleet of foot, in fact when she was younger I used to say that I would spend 90% of my dog walks in winter not having any idea where she was as she raced around the woods! But she always always came back and miraculously she never harmed a thing other than a few grey squirrels..... Even more recently she was always ranging out ahead, but meticulously obedient (if she could hear me - she was going deaf!), her recall was perfect. I'm not sure how I will ever train a new dog to come when it is called now, for the last 10 years they have copied Amy <3

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
so sorry to read this but i am sure you have done the right thing. although my collie cross has recovered pretty well from her vestibular episode i am not sure if i would carry on with her if she had another one as it took a long while for her to recover and age is against her. hugs xx

Stiff Knees

Visit site
Oh Lev. ? I am so sorry to hear this. You were both very lucky to have each other. I think perhaps, that Amy meant to you what Spot meant to me, so I feel your pain. Sending a hug. xx

meggymoo

Visit site
So very sorry to read this. Its the hardest thing in the world to let them go, and even when you know in your heart that you are doing the right thing by her, it doesn't make the heart ache any less. She couldn't have wished for a better Mum, you gave her a great life. Rip Amy and hugs Lev.

MuddyTB

Visit site
Oh no, so sorry to read this Lev. It's clear how much you adore all your dogs, especially the old timers.
She was a lucky girl, and you did the best thing for her til the end.

Sending you hugs and Star and Jimmy send greyhound hugs too.

misst

Visit site
So sorry for your loss it grieves us so much when they are gone. She was a beautiful girl. Run free and fast Amy xx