Tweed Coats

BallyJ

Visit site
Wondering if anyone could recommend a Tweed Coat? I Have the Joules Field Coat but its not warm enough when i'm out all day on peg/not waterproof! Got the Alan Paine Combrook Ladies Tweed Coat - Shooting Fit but the sleeves are so big they bury me! Any recommendations would be appreciated!!

Hope everyone had a good Christmas

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I have a Musto one, the label says Lovat
OH bought it for me last Christmas, I love it... only used for general outdoor pottering and at the yard but has worn well in all weathers and no complaints 12 months on.

Shay

Visit site
If you want it to ride in rather than to look fashionable opt for something intended for the hunting field. Mears, Caldene, saddlemaster, harry hall. That sort of thing. If you want soemthing country practical Schoffel are good. Purdey. Musto?

Basically you get what you pay for I'm afraid!

Goldenstar

Visit site
I have a joules coat nice coat smart but as you say not that warm .
I have a Barbour tweed coat a classic shooting type tweed , it’s so warm I rarely wear it .

BallyJ

Visit site
I have a joules coat nice coat smart but as you say not that warm .
I have a Barbour tweed coat a classic shooting type tweed , it’s so warm I rarely wear it .

Is it a new barbour? I feel like their Wax Jackets aren't the quality that they used to be!

If you want it to ride in rather than to look fashionable opt for something intended for the hunting field. Mears, Caldene, saddlemaster, harry hall. That sort of thing. If you want soemthing country practical Schoffel are good. Purdey. Musto?

Basically you get what you pay for I'm afraid!

I Really like the Schoffel! Just trying to Justify £600. Alan Paine seems to hold the mid-market quite well. its just a shame their sizings are SO out.