Unashamed fishing for 'wow he's lovely' comments

Goldenstar

Visit site
I think he's a very nice horse but I'll swim against the tide and say I don't like the markings but I particularly like his lovely tail .
You should have loads of fun on him and he will do lots of different jobs it will fun watching him develop.

Queenbee

Visit site
I'm not normally someone who likes minimal markings, but I do love his markings, they are beautiful!! He looks a really lovely, handsome and genuine boy. I love him :)

Spring Feather

Visit site
I think he's lovely CPT. I own some Paints but I'm not really a multicoloured fan unless they are minimally marked, and yours is, and he's a very attractive horse imo.

cptrayes

Visit site
So, you now have both a heavy horse AND a coloured. It's a slippery slope CPT.

I only need a cart now :D

Not my first coloured though :) I had a piebald I bought as a rehab because he was putting his owner in hospital. I meant to keep him, but when he arrived he simply wasn't the athlete he looked in the video, or as big as I thought, so I re schooled him and sold him. It put me off 'mostly whites' forever - too darned hard to keep clean. I've always loved chestnut and white and it's a dream to find one coloured like him :) :) :)

Temperament wise he is lovely and that was non negotiable and I would have walked away if he had not been. Conformation wise, I'd have forgiven him quite a lot, but as it happens he's fairly well put together, and straight moving.

Oh sorry, you didn't ask for all that, did you, I just can't stop talking about both my young boys :)

Last edited:

Tobiano

Visit site
He is beautiful and is obviously a darling to be working like that so early. Love that gorgeous back end too - no wonder he has a pop on him! :)

cambrica

Visit site
He is delicious and has that 'Look at me' factor, which of course everyone will ;) I can understand being excited about your future with him and I look forward to many regular updates!
Just out of interest (and a possible concern with one of mine) what do you intend to do regarding the sarcoids?

cptrayes

Visit site
Just out of interest (and a possible concern with one of mine) what do you intend to do regarding the sarcoids?

Since I intend to keep him, I'm just going to watch and see, I think. One is on the side of his sheath. The other two are about where his umbilical cord joined. All three places have enough skin to cut them out if need be, I think. It's a risk, but most sarcoids in those places never cause a problem, so I thought the risk was worth taking for what he cost.

cambrica

Visit site
Since I intend to keep him, I'm just going to watch and see, I think. One is on the side of his sheath. The other two are about where his umbilical cord joined. All three places have enough skin to cut them out if need be, I think. It's a risk, but most sarcoids in those places never cause a problem, so I thought the risk was worth taking for what he cost.
Thanks :) Sounds very similar to mine (not me, the horse ;)). My vet also said leave and see what happens.

cptrayes

Visit site
Thanks :) Sounds very similar to mine (not me, the horse ;)). My vet also said leave and see what happens.

I have a friend with a mare that she bought at five with a 'ball' type sarcoid in her armpit. I would not have bought her, it's a very bad place for rubbing. But over fifteen years, the mare has gradually reduced it until it is just a pip, so she was right to buy her.

Provided they don't rub or bleed, they are pretty irrelevant. But the moment they bleed or start to get bigger, I'll get them taken off, either chemically or surgically.

cambrica

Visit site
I have a friend with a mare that she bought at five with a 'ball' type sarcoid in her armpit. I would not have bought her, it's a very bad place for rubbing. But over fifteen years, the mare has gradually reduced it until it is just a pip, so she was right to buy her.

Provided they don't rub or bleed, they are pretty irrelevant. But the moment they bleed or start to get bigger, I'll get them taken off, either chemically or surgically.
Never having had any horses with them and researching the internet basically scares the cr*p out of you its good to hear a grounded approach thats not all doom and gloom. I will keep a close watch though x

cptrayes

Visit site
Never having had any horses with them and researching the internet basically scares the cr*p out of you its good to hear a grounded approach thats not all doom and gloom. I will keep a close watch though x

Try not to worry. The vast majority of sarcoids never cause a problem. And the vast majority of any that do can be taken off. Only rarely will a horse have serious problems with them.

I've had them on six horses. I've had them taken off three, only then because they were horses I wanted to sell. I've known loads of others, and have a friend with two horses with them and another friend who has had them removed with Liverpool cream.

Just one word of advice. Don't mess with them, you can make some types of them angry. Either leave them completely alone or have them attacked hard and fast by whatever means chosen to remove them.

I'm sure you won't have a problem :)

cambrica

Visit site
Thanks for that :) Sorry, didn't mean to turn your Happy post into anything more serious. Like your boy, mine isn't going anywhere.

LittleGinger

Visit site
Beautiful, beautiful horse. Bet you can't wait to pick him up! Looking forward to a thread filled with pictures shortly after May 14th.