Uncle Jimmy's Licky Things??

Purple18

Visit site
The smal ones last a really long time 2-3weeks for my horse i wouldn't buy the big one again tho becuase the space is wider the seem to eat them alot quicker. likits just break in half

princestar

Visit site
Make sure you don't leave them on the side in the feed room... Brought my boy one, went to get his holder, got distracted. Came back an hour later and it was nearly all gone!! Mice had gone through the packet and demolished it. Clearly it was nice to them so brought another one and horse likes it but won't touch any kind of lickit in the holder, but he'll nibble away if your holding it still lol :)

princestar

Visit site
Also, I buy a Horselyx tub (about £9-£13 in a variety of flavours) they're as messy as hell, you get covered in sloppy molasses kisses which gets over your hands and usually my face too (must remember to wipe my face before leaving the yard, people must think I'm crazy haha) I put it in a corner manger or over the door feed bucket (not on the floor as he'll kick it around). Last quite a while as he has a lick when he wants to.

And don't buy the little £3.50 ones - they pull them out the plastic and chuck them round the stable so they're covered in bedding and usually get crunched up so have to be taken away.

:)

maisie06

Visit site
Mine loves them - they last him over a week in a likit holder whereas likits last about 5 mins!! Really dodgy name but I think they are well worth the money. I don't mind my lot having a sugary treat now and again though!!

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
I had the non sugar one and it did take almost a week for fatty cob to eat it so that is seriously good going. Be prepared for sticky, hgreasy face though!

Just checked the ingredients and they contain DRIED BEET PULP!!! :eek: Guess I would be getting them then. Why would anyone want to feed unsoaked beet pulp!:confused:

andytiger

Visit site
My horse ate his in about 2 mins lickits take him about 21/2 mins I'd go for a swede anytime or an apple in a water bucket my horse really enjoys a spot of apple bobbing and much cheaper

dark_prince

Visit site
They do a sugar free version. My horse loved it.

As for the name, the whole point is that it sounds like that. As someone else mentioned, there's the licky things, hanging balls, squeezy buns and for chickens pecker recker. It's humour! Surprised everyone seems to be so appalled by it? :p

maisie06

Visit site
Just checked the ingredients and they contain DRIED BEET PULP!!! :eek: Guess I would be getting them then. Why would anyone want to feed unsoaked beet pulp!:confused:

It's such a miniscule amount and they have to work for it provided the treat is used as intended - i.e in a holder.

In fact, in the states dried beet pulp is a popular ingredient in many coarse mixes!!