Unrealistic pipedreams..

Luci07

Visit site
Was pondering on this. I have 2. The first would be to jump the working hunter course at Hickstead...but I don't show. Second would be breed a foal. I researched this exceptionally carefully as did have a good graded and proven mare at one time. However, I looked very carefully into all the costs (no land, no other young stock, no experience of foals so long term livery ..) coupled with the risks. So...no foal.

So, what other pipedreams do you have?

FfionWinnie

Visit site
I would like a foal out of my mare. However she has a dominant genetic muscle disorder. This would mean I would need to find a way to have clear embryos chosen, and she couldn't carry the foal as she can't eat grass and has to be in hard work all the time. She also hates other horses so wouldn't able to have any contact with the foal she mothered but did not know so I would be relying on her genetics alone to make the foal a bit like her. I do have other mares who I could use as surrogates but they are all crazy welshes and the foal would learn idiotic Welsh behaviour from them ha ha.

So really I've concluded I would be better to just buy another horse that ticks all the boxes lol

sarahann1

Visit site
To be able to ride up to Grand Prix level, but I have none of the ability, time or money to achieve it.

I still watch riders at this level and dream :)

CowCob

Visit site
To take CC round Intermediate Novice eventing. She has the talent but I don't have the ability to ride the dressage test or the money to get us there.
I'd love to get a foal out of her when she's in her mid-teens (14 or so) and more toward the end of her eventing career but again money is an issue.

rachk89

Visit site
Yeah I too want to get me and my horse to grand prix level dressage. He probably has the ability I ain't so sure on me.

He would probably want to do jumping forever as he loves it its just a shame he isn't overly good at it.

kassieg

Visit site
I would love to do an intermediate before I'm 30 on a horse I have broken & produced ...only 6 years :/ I can hope!! Haha

I would love to complete a 2* before my body gives up & I can't event anymore.

fishy

Visit site
To have my own place. Nothing fancy just a couple of acres and a couple of stables. I'd love to do some working hunter classes with my youngster too.

Woolly Hat n Wellies

Visit site
To take my foal to Bramham Horse Trials.... but I'm a complete wuss about jumping, I'm terrible at dressage, and it rather looks like he'll make 14hh at the most (he was a BOGOF so I've no idea what dad looked like!)

McFluff

Visit site
What a fun thread. I dream about riding my wee mare at grand prix, but know that for both of us this is not possible. We lack the necessary talent, time and funds, but I can dream... :)
Novice is a more realistic (and still challenging) goal!

Slightlyconfused

Go away, I'm reading
Visit site
To have a go at xc, only 80/90cm but as I have a panic attack going over poles then I doubt that will happen.

Also would love to go out and have a go at competeting but my energy and health are so rubbish at the moment I think I will just stick to hacking.

kassieg

Visit site
I have another. I would love another horse by Classic who was the sire of my little superstar horse !! Sadly there aren't many around :(

luckyoldme

Visit site
my dream is to have another horse like mine when his time comes. I bought him 7 years ago off a dodgy dealer and he was a nightmare of a horse. We got to know each other and have had some brilliant times. He has a lovely home to end his days and when his time comes i want to do the same again with an older horse someone else is finished with. In a perfect dream this time though i would like to miss out the bit where i ended up in a and e four times during the bonding process.

millikins

Visit site
I'd like to find a pony to make a pair with my 10.3hh pb shettie, then the money to but a cart, harness and a vehicle to transport them to shows. I'd like to find a nice small stallion to breed a foal from her (in between doing all these hypothetical shows).
I'd like to be braver and enjoy drag hunting and cross country.

Bav

Visit site
My dream (if I hadn't popped out a baby and gotten married) would be to work for/with stunt teams like The Devils Horseman and be in films and programmes. I love performing and horses and couldn't imagine a better job! They had an apprenticeship going a couple of months back and wished I'd have seen it a couple of years ago :(

SecretAgentBilly

Visit site
I've always wanted to show at HOYS - doubt it will ever happen as I've never gone above local level! I've only ever had one mare and rather disliked her so I can't say I've ever felt like breeding a foal was one of my dreams. Other then that I'd love to have a go at riding a Grand Prix test but I highly doubt it will be on my hw cob!

Deltaflyer

Visit site
My completely way out there dream would be to have a yard with competition sized indoor and outdoor schools. An all weather cross country schooling arena complete with banks, water complex etc. All weather gallops. Cross country courses to cater from nervous novices right up to 5*. Vast acres of woodland and open fields with hogging tracks, fun woodland jumping tracks, a river/lake for water schooling. Private tarmacked lanes with access to off-site hacking. Close to beach riding. Stables with plenty of storage for equipment for liveries etc. All to my own exacting designs of course. :)

The more realistic pipedream would be to get double clear British Novice and compete in a BE80 - pony can do it if Mummy here can just get her brave pants on :)

Pippity

Visit site
To own my own horse. Preferably a 14-15hh cob mare, can get herself over a 2' fence, potential to dressage to novice, and brave out hacking.

And, while we're on pipe dreams, to have a lorry to take her out.

DirectorFury

Visit site
To compete in the Puissance at Olympia :eek: . Hilarious considering I have big panics at anything over 1.10!

More realistically, I'd like to get to Int level eventing. I was seriously considering breeding my mare last summer to a TB or WB but she's not really quality enough; and I think I'd be better off buying a 3 or 4 yo that can do the job with good confo rather than gambling with breeding.

catembi

Visit site
I want to stop dithering about & swap my ex-racer who prefers not to go faster than walk with someone who wants a quiet hack & who has got an ex-racer that's got a bit more engine. So my pipe dream is to ride *properly* again, & my pie-in-the-sky dream is to be competitive at Foxhunters (rather than being a passenger hanging on for dear life with eyes closed) & ditto at advanced dressage. So far the nearest I've got was with the late Catembi, 1 m 15 BS & novice BD, so a way to go. Need to find something that wants to go faster than walk first...

T x

julie111

Visit site
To go for a gallop on my cob and jump some xc jumps. Never going to happen tho as he has collateral ligament damage (genetic) and can only hack out in walk and I can't afford another horse.