**UPDATE** Bailey goes to a show! Week 9 - Pictures

Elsiecat

Visit site
We decided to take Bailey to what we thought was a small local show.. Big mistake. Turns out it was a huge agricultural show!
He behaved like a dream but had a few wobbly moments - a bit of reassurance and he was fine again though :):D

There was big confusion over what we should enter among the secretaries as he's a passported Welsh C but is more of an A in height etc. (He's an A x C cross apparently.) After 2 classes they decided we should in fact be in small breed. It's also been suggested due to his small size that he be re-passported as an AE or something along those lines anyway!

9 weeks and 1 day in and he's gone from this -

To this -

We don't think he's going to be much of a show pony but he's showing fantastic attitude to being lightly backed. He also has a good little jump on him so we think he'll make someone a fun and safe all-rounder!
There was lots of old tractors making some terrifying noises so I took him over and he didn't care one bit :) He's so bombproof bless him!

Some more pictures -

With his rosette getting off at home -

We're all so so so proud of him. He's such a dream.
Will definitely have another doer-upper if we get the room (and time!).

Elsiecat

Visit site
Thank you :D
Was swelterring showing today but luckily we took it in turns! I had new boots on so my feet are in pieces right now :eek::eek:

Jericho

Visit site
Wow! You have done a fantastic job with him - he looks fab! I bet he thanks his lucky stars he found you

Tobiano

Visit site
O. M. G. !!!!

What an amazing transformation! Absolutely stunning. How long before you overhear people saying 'oh well when people buy these ready-made ponies...' !!

How clever of you too to see that pony under the poor little soul you bought. Fabulous.

doriangrey

Visit site
I remember your original post. What a super little man - total credit to you as you saw his potential and you gave him a chance. I'm more than a little jealous as I would to love have a go - but I have a mare that won't share.