**Update** - Bloss the supercob!

Tempi

Visit site
Bloss qualified for the Winter Regionals at Elementary and Elementary Freestyle in the middle of October, so she had a break from competing whilst I worked on getting more collection/power and developing her flying changes. On 1st December we went out to contest our first show to get our Summer Regional Qualification at Medium started. She did two Mediums - we were both a bit ring rusty so although we won both classes (!) we didnt get the qualifying scores unfortunately.

Then last weekend we went to Crofton to do another 2 Mediums. First test went ok, and she won it, but unfortunately again not getting the qualifying score. The second test I thought felt awful and was annoyed at myself as I rode it badly, but low and behold she won it again and now has 3 qualifier points towards the Summer Regionals and Medium. She also came 2nd overall and was only 3 marks behind a horse that has competed internationally at GP. So I was chuffed to bits with her.

Another break from competing with her until Jan when we're doing another few Mediums and having a run through of our Elementary Freestyle aswell in preparation for the Winter Regionals at Kingston Maurward.

A good friend of mine was there last weekend and she took some pictures for me, the light was fading a bit by the time I came on but I was really pleased with them - shes not a professional photographer, she does it for fun, so please no button pushing:

IMG_2705_zpsa5b1d83e.jpg

IMG_2722_zpsadf62a45.jpg

IMG_2768_zpsd6d18d09.jpg

Bloss really is my one in a million, i've owned her for 10years now after purchasing her for £1k from a riding school. Shes got a reserve and national dressage title, bred me two amazing foals, been back in work for a year and has never been out of the top 3 placings since being back out competing, qualified for the regionals, on our way to qualifying for the summer regionals at medium, is learning flying changes at the age of 19 (20 next year) and will do her first Adv Med at the age of 20 next summer. Words cant express how much I love this horse.

As for my other two - yearling is fat and fluffy!! And Jups is generally behaving himself - hes just been going out and about for training and to see different venues etc. I'll do some more competing with him next year once hes learnt to keep all 4 feet on the ground at home!!

Thank you for reading :) And for anyone who is interested my facebook page is - www.facebook.com/parisiennedressage - please like and share! There is a link to my website on there aswell (i dont think I am allowed to put that in my post). Or just google ' Parisienne Dressage'

JGC

Visit site
Go supercob! She's looking well. Gives me hope that my soon-to-be 16-year-old may still get changes one day!

Tempi

Visit site
She's such a credit to you :)

Thank you, shes such an amazing horse.

She looks amazing. Well done to you both!

Thank you :)

Go supercob! She's looking well. Gives me hope that my soon-to-be 16-year-old may still get changes one day!

I never thought she would be able to do them as shes croup high and not that strong behind, but I gave it a go one day and she managed to change in front, so i thought if she can do it in front she can do it behind! So now she has a clean change (as long as I ride it forwards - otherwise she throws me in to orbit!) from left to right, right to left she struggles as its her weaker way so she can change in front and sometimes behind aswell, or a few strides late behind with lots of squealing!! We will get there though, and I cant wait to have a go at Adv med :)

Funny I was just looking at your website, it looks really good...as does Bloss! Well done on the results as well!

Glad you like my website, thank you :)

Tempi

Visit site
Wow! She looks amazing! Well done - she is a real credit to you. I am now off to show Mr Mojo the Coblet the pics of Bloss as he is making his dressage debut tomorrow :) Hopefully it will inspire him to kick Prelim 7's butt and do it for cobs!! ;)

Cobs rule!! Am sure Mr Mojo will do a fantastic job of P7!!!!

LizzieJ

Visit site
She looks super :D I remember when you won the champs from a wildcard entry, then the foal watch when jup was born - I can't believe she is nearly 20 :eek: I'm glad you're posting again, I missed all your reports and updates (and the lunch threads!) :) I follow your website too, it's fab :D

Tempi

Visit site
She looks super :D I remember when you won the champs from a wildcard entry, then the foal watch when jup was born - I can't believe she is nearly 20 :eek: I'm glad you're posting again, I missed all your reports and updates (and the lunch threads!) :) I follow your website too, it's fab :D

Thank you so much :) It seems like a life time ago when we won at the Winters, and then she went in to foal 3 weeks after winning and then a year later Jups was born!! I'll try and get some pictures of him in action but I dont often have any one around who can take pictures. Hes a lovely boy, just like his Mum - although a little quirky at the moment!

Haha, lunch posts!! That takes me back!! :D :D

Happy H

Visit site
Hi!

So glad you are both doing so well - I knew Bloss before you brought her and although she was always lovely, she was quirky and needed the right owner - sounds like she found it in you :)

How is the headshaking now out of interest? Did the Bowen therepy/cure last?

Tempi

Visit site
What a lovely post, super pics she looks gorgous

Thank you :)

She looks cracking, and what an advert for older horses.

She definitely looks good for her age :)

Hi!

So glad you are both doing so well - I knew Bloss before you brought her and although she was always lovely, she was quirky and needed the right owner - sounds like she found it in you :)

How is the headshaking now out of interest? Did the Bowen therepy/cure last?

Did you know her when she was at Wellington then? I'm still in touch with her old owner and she comes to visit them all when she can which is nice. She wasnt easy when I first had her, especially to hack out, but shes an angel now.

Headshaking is 100% cured at home, however it comes back when she is out competing, so she has to unfortunately wear her net to compete in. I did try without recently and she started headshaking as soon as i warmed up so I popped her nose net on and she was fine. Its funny as she shows no signs at all at home now (which is fantastic) and she never wears a nose net at home either. She has 15ml of Hilton Herbs Shake No More Gold every day in her feed aswell and I notice the difference if i take her off it.

Perfect_Pirouette

Visit site
She is such a lovely horse! I think you are giving many cob owners out there a lot of inspiration and hope! Well done you!

ETA- Didn't you get her from a RS? Was she schooled before you got her then? Had she done any dressage previous to you owning her?

Tempi

Visit site
She is such a lovely horse! I think you are giving many cob owners out there a lot of inspiration and hope! Well done you!

ETA- Didn't you get her from a RS? Was she schooled before you got her then? Had she done any dressage previous to you owning her?

I was at Wellington doing my BHS Stages and she was there being used in the exams and was up for sale. She was grumpy and quirky but I loved her! She was used in the Stage 3 exam practice but I wouldnt say she was well schooled by any means and shes not an easy ride even now. People watch me ride her and say it looks effortless yet they then get on her and cant even get her moving forwards! You have to press the right buttons on her and work with her.

Nicnac

Visit site
Bless Bloss doing it for the bigger ladies! Great results

She looks amazing - would never know her age or her broodmare history by looking at her.

Tempi

Visit site
Bloss is one of my favourite HHO horses. Love her!

Thats really nice of you, thank you.

Shes gorgeous, massive congrats. Going to have a shufty at your website now

Great, hope you like it!

Bless Bloss doing it for the bigger ladies! Great results

She looks amazing - would never know her age or her broodmare history by looking at her.

Shes definitely a bigger lady!! lol!! :D

Tempi

Visit site
Lovely photos - well done! ( and just had a snoop at your facebook page....horses + whippets = heaven!!)

Got to love the whippets, they are great dogs - so much character!

Darn your too far from me for lessons :(

Thats a shame - I do travel if there are enough people. It depends on distance and how many people are interested etc.

Prince33Sp4rkle

Visit site
i LOVE whippets,couldnt have a dog though :( OH is upset enough by the cat (and i would struggle to walk one enough but they are lovely dogs)

Bloss looks lovely and if i didnt know, i would NEVER guess her age!

Tempi

Visit site
i LOVE whippets,couldnt have a dog though :( OH is upset enough by the cat (and i would struggle to walk one enough but they are lovely dogs)

Bloss looks lovely and if i didnt know, i would NEVER guess her age!

Mum actually has my whippet as when i initially got her I was still living at home, but now with work and teaching all the time I dont have time to look after a dog aswell so Mum looks after her for me :)

galaxy

Visit site
Bloss is looking fab as usual! Next time you're at Crofton give me a nudge and ill try and come and watch!

Looks like I found the right instructor for my bigger lady! Lol! ;) :)