Update - knee boots advice.....

Fiona

Visit site
Thanks to all who participated in my knee boots advice thread last week.

I decided on the ascot boots from Gibsons saddlery and they arrived within 48 hours :)

The cob size fits a 13.2 connie well, and so far they haven't moved (apart from once when I put one on a hole looser than normal)....

21752315_1644823902237195_4624442368683625649_n.jpg

21686394_1644823958903856_4614424130240369919_n.jpg

Very happy, and enjoying hacking again without worrying about injuries. ...

Fiona

Last edited:

pansymouse

Visit site
As an experienced leather knee boots user I would say the basic rule is top strap as tight as you can physically do and bottom as loose as possible. If I was you I would loosen the bottom strap a hole or two to give full freedom of movement at faster paces and jumping.

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
Fiona I'm so pleased you like the boots and I think they are excellent value for money. I have the cob size on my 15hh and they fit him really well. Your Connie is lovely too. I am a recent convert and have a 14.1 who is just brilliant fun.

Fiona

Visit site
As an experienced leather knee boots user I would say the basic rule is top strap as tight as you can physically do and bottom as loose as possible. If I was you I would loosen the bottom strap a hole or two to give full freedom of movement at faster paces and jumping.

I knew which hole it should have been in, but did them up in a hurry, and forgot to count the holes... Silly me. .....

Will loosen off the bottom strap :)

Fiona

Fiona

Visit site
Fiona I'm so pleased you like the boots and I think they are excellent value for money. I have the cob size on my 15hh and they fit him really well. Your Connie is lovely too. I am a recent convert and have a 14.1 who is just brilliant fun.

They are fab, great leather quality and buckles :)

Thank you for the recommendation. ...

I am in love with connies now, they are such fun people :)

Fiona

Fiona

Visit site

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site

Sal_E

Visit site
Fiona, I'm really not sure how to navigate this site but could you (try to!) directly me to your original post please? I currently use the Westropps that have been discontinued but the quality is horrendous so would like to find a decent knee boot, ideally machine washable - I would be interested to read people's recommendations... :)

Moogleberry

Visit site
I bought the same knee boots after seeing them recommended on your thread and agree the quality is fabulous for the price, safer hacking on the trippy pony now :)

Fiona

Visit site
I bought the same knee boots after seeing them recommended on your thread and agree the quality is fabulous for the price, safer hacking on the trippy pony now :)

:) :)

Great boots and really fast delivery....

I wish my stirrups that I ordered on Monday (another company) would come as quickly :(

Fiona