Pictures Update on going to view a horse

LadyGascoyne

Visit site
Thanks to everyone who commented on the thread.

We went to view the little horse and effectively all the sense in the world went out the window because she just latched onto my husband (who was doing his best to pretend to be grumpy about all things equine) and spend the whole viewing whickering to him and burying her face in his jacket.

This reduced my cool, detached, sensible husband to the equivalent of a horse-mad child with its first pony. So frankly, she could have been a 13hh, three-legged llama and I think I would have had a hard time dissuading him.

Luckily, she was lovely and just a joy to handle. She passed her vetting easily, no queries- vet was incredibly impressed with her as she stood beautifully and handled flexion tests with no problem - at rising 3. Vet says she’s a smashing filly 😊

So here are some photos, as promised, as she’s paid for and now mine 😊 I know she’s a definite type and might be slightly marmite here but she has the most fantastic attitude and lovely manners. She’s got such a good head on her shoulders for her age and she’s great with dogs, children and farm traffic. I’m absolutely thrilled with her.

FYI for those interested, she’s 80.2% Arab, breeder has height as estimated to make 15.2hh, and she turned 3 this week.

D6C9E562-27A5-4C75-956E-BC92D255BE5B.jpeg

2C4E11E1-68F2-4A20-8C2A-5C85C49499AE.jpeg

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Ooo, she's gorgeous. Congratulations!

The reason I have my now rising 5yo was because she attached herself to my (at that point non horsey) OH. I didn't much like her for quite a while but I think she's the best thing on 4 hooves now so from my sample of one it is definitely a solid horse purchasing technique ;)

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I reckon you can shave off at least half pretending she's an arab.

Congrats on your new barbie horse, we have a 50% one ;) who I don't think ever looked quite as smart
I rather like the dam.

LadyGascoyne

Visit site
Sire’s side is Arab, Thoroughbred and some British Riding Pony in the mix, but predominantly Arab. He’s 15.2hh

Dam’s side is interesting. She’s 95% Arab and there is everything from Welshie to some Dutch blood in the 5%. She’s 15hh.