Update on missing Air Jacket

hopscotch bandit

Visit site
As you might remember I sent my air jacket for servicing following a bit of a tumble from my horse. It went missing in the post although I’d insured it and sent it special delivery via the post office. Rachel from Hit Air very kindly lent me a new air jacket whilst they carried out investigations but after a few days Rachel said I could keep the loan air jacket as mine had not been delivered and despite her enquiries it could not be found. She said that this had never happened before and it was the first air jacket in all the years she had been trading that had gone missing – typical it would have to be mine!

I told her I would set up a claim with the post office and reimburse her the cost of the air jacket and so went ahead with a claim online using the receipt from the post office. I kept communicating with Rachel, both through text and email to see if it had arrived but after a week it was clear it was missing for good.

So I was delighted and stunned to then receive an email from Rachel on the 9th May to say the air jacket had been found left outside the premises at the door by persons unknown (without a note or any explanation) whilst they were working inside the building! This was exactly two weeks from the date it should have been delivered. I was delighted and obviously cancelled the claim on line with the post office.

Yesterday Mum received my air jacket through Parcelforce and not only has it been serviced but Rachel had given me two new lanyards and two new saddle straps (the new style strap which I much preferred when I used the strap with the loan jacket I was lent). She has also given me a new part, the red sleeve that had been damaged in my fall and told me to keep the bolt and allen key which came with the loan jacket as I had wanted to buy this from her online.

I am absolutely delighted with their response and so grateful to Hit Air for sorting this out for me.

Although I had stated in my original post that I didn’t want to discuss the company name or the product which had gone missing in the post sadly this was like a red rag to a bull for some. My right to privacy was violated by a couple of posters who took great delight in stirring things by cryptically mentioning ‘I bet she sent the canister through the post' and other remarks which made it obvious to all what I was talking about and could have damaged relations between myself and the company concerned. The same people then managed somehow to get me an infraction with the administrators on the forum when I finally lost my patience and retaliated with a few words - (far worse has been said to me but still). Anyway I contacted admin and explained the situation, and they were very kind and even told me how to block them which I have since done.

So I just wanted to update you all and to say a huge thank you to Hit Air and in particular Rachel Ricci who I believe is the owner. She was flexible and very accommodating and had a lovely kind and professional manner. Despite being extremely busy on her stand at Badminton Horse Trials, when I rung her for an update she was more than happy to speak to me and took time out to ensure that I had a replacement air jacket as soon as she was notified that mine had gone missing.

Brilliant service! Thank you Hit-Air and thank you to those who were so supportive towards me in my OP. There are some lovely people on the forum, fortunately those few trouble makers are in the minority and will hopefully be weeded out one day. I am so sorry my previous post got so out of hand, if Rachel ever sees it I hope she also gets the chance to see this post.

Last edited:

Mahoganybay

Visit site
What fabulous service and good on you for giving credit where it’s due. I am myself not quick to complain about goods or services unless I am actually forced too or feel the need for other people’s benefit. However, I am absolutely quick to post positive reviews.

I have a Hit Air Jacket and it’s good to know should I have any problems that they are a professional company to deal with. 👍

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Great news that the air jacket has turned up. Hit Air are a great company to deal with. The saddle straps are indeed a good improvement on the originals, and well worth an upgrade, especially a free one :).

Though as I seem to have been labelled as a troublemaker from the other thread, despite only intend to warn her re the legalities of sending canisters through the post and thus possible problems re the claim, I suspect that the OP won’t be reading this...

hopscotch bandit

Visit site
Great news that the air jacket has turned up. Hit Air are a great company to deal with. The saddle straps are indeed a good improvement on the originals, and well worth an upgrade, especially a free one :).

Though as I seem to have been labelled as a troublemaker from the other thread, despite only intend to warn her re the legalities of sending canisters through the post and thus possible problems re the claim, I suspect that the OP won’t be reading this...
Yes I am reading it. And this is my last comment regarding this as I will not be drawn into another argument with some sad person (unknown) running to admin to get me an infraction. And it's all well and good acting innocent now by saying you were warning me of the legalaties. But I distinctly said that I didn't want to discuss the company or the product I was sending back through the post. You thought you would be smart and mention sending a canister through the post. So my privacy was compromised by a thoughtless and reckless remark. Now whether you did that out of spite or whether you did it to warn me of something I was already well aware of remains unclear. And I don't care. I have my air jacket back and that is all I was ever concerned with.