Update to - Finding a horse to ride thread

PaddyMonty

Visit site
I'm amazed, gobsmacked, flabbergasted and seriously surprised.
Either I'm good at writing adverts (unlikely) or there are a lot of people out there looking for riders (not sharers).
I put this advert on preloved less than a week ago and already have 10 offers plus 1 from here.
http://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/show/108573642/experienced-rider-available-foc.html
On sunday I visited a lovely ISH (mum/daughter share) which I will now be working with once a week.
Tonight I'm going to play with the horse from here. I've known both for quite a while (didn't realise they had moved close to me), they're both trouble (horse and owner)but fun so that a second day per week.

Should keep my horse withdrawl symptoms at managebale levels. :)

3Beasties

Visit site
Sounds like it will work well for you and the owners, hope it goes well!

I have a Section A looking for a rider, maybe preloved is the way to go!

Amaranta

Visit site
Just a little but sick that I am more than 15 miles from Northants :( you could have come and ridden my big mare for me :(

Hovis_and_SidsMum

Visit site
The Destroyer has been waiting for you to come and ride him for years.
He wonders if you're a scaredy cat? :D
(and pointing out how far away we are, its not doable, how you'd love to but.. yadda yadda yadda is not going to cut it)

Have fun - i dare say these people will be lucky to have you x

PaddyMonty

Visit site
The Destroyer has been waiting for you to come and ride him for years.
He wonders if you're a scaredy cat? :D
(and pointing out how far away we are, its not doable, how you'd love to but.. yadda yadda yadda is not going to cut it)

I take it thats a challenge. :eek: :)
We own a welsh D chestnut mare. The destroyer is just a cuddly wuddly bunny compared to her.
Have to see what we can do within the next month :p Unless you back out? :D

chaps89

Visit site
Oooh, now that sounds like fun (Paddy Monty meets Hovis!) I look forwards to the resulting report & photo's ;)
That aside, that's great news, enjoy

Bernster

Visit site
I think there are a fair few people who would be happy to have their horse schooled and ridden by good riders, for free. I'm one of em ;) but you are too far away. Maybe I should be preloving to find a rider?! I need someone to counteract my numptiness.

PaddyMonty

Visit site
Seems they're happy with average riders as well.:eek:
First time in the saddle last night for over a year and it it felt OH SO GOOD!
Sort of forgotten how much I love schooling horses. :D

Hovis_and_SidsMum

Visit site
We own a welsh D chestnut mare. The destroyer is just a cuddly wuddly bunny compared to her.

Have you really just just called The Destroyer a "cuddly wuddly bunny"? Hes been called some things in his time but that sure beats them all! I cant decide if you're brave or have a death wish?!
We wouldnt back out, no way Jose! Just not sure your aged legs are ready for all 3/4 of a tonne of Hovis... :p

PaddyMonty

Visit site
Have you really just just called The Destroyer a "cuddly wuddly bunny"? Hes been called some things in his time but that sure beats them all! I cant decide if you're brave or have a death wish?!
We wouldnt back out, no way Jose! Just not sure your aged legs are ready for all 3/4 of a tonne of Hovis... :p
Well I survived last nights adventure without any sore muscles so I guess my wobbly old matchstick legs are good for a few months more.
Yes I did call him a CWB. The bigger they are the more to cuddle. Last horse I rode regularly was almost 18hh of muscular ID event fit so yer, bring on the CWB

catembi

Visit site
Good for you! You are a confident, tidy rider & you deserve the offers!

[I am 'resting' atm. Adrian is a plodder (EPSM); Trev is also a plodder (undiagnosable digestive issue) so we are plodding about in the school & going on walk hacks, yay. However, it's likely that I'll be doing a doctorate soon while working f/t in London, and the house is still half finished, so the plan is to plod for another 4 years, even tho I'm bored out of my tree, & then buy a jumping lunatic & a lorry & have a good crack at getting to Fox.]

Mince Pie

Visit site

Is she ginger too? Once you've ridden a ginger welsh mare you'll understand the true meaning of 'obstinate little ********r' :D
Glad you've got some rides though :)

PaddyMonty

Visit site
Is she ginger too?
Oh yes!
PB2053.jpg

rev1-1.jpg

PaddyMonty

Visit site
Imagine what she looks like in the warm up at BD comps. At the level she competes they all tend to be huge warmbloods.
Yes she is cute but ON HER TERMS!

YasandCrystal

Visit site
I can understand people wanting to snap up an experienced rider as yourself OP - you have a lot to give and for free too - a great deal for any owner. I found myself just now in the situation of owning 4 horses and a companion pony. One of mine is in rehab and requires working inhand 3 to 4 times a week - I have a fit golden oldie I ride 5 times minimum a week and compete. My youngster is 3 years old so I do a little with him, but I like to leave them until 4 and lo and behold hubby finds me a free ISH 4 year old mare. She was unbroken - I started her for 5 weeks in hand and long lining, which meant a very early start each day to fit her into the routine and have now sent her away for 5 weeks backing and schooling.
I was desperate for a rider for her as I just don't have the time and I love each of my horses and don't want to sell any of them. Equally I want them utilised and happy, competing where possible and fit. I work f/t too. Luckily I have found a young lady who wants to bring her on and compete her and she will help me with chores, but without her I would be struggling.

Last edited: