Urgent advice needed - 6 dogs potentially homeless in 3 weeks

Montyforever

Visit site
]
DSC_0197.jpg

This is Barney boy, he knows something's wrong. Not himself at all :( he's an anxious dog at the best of times poor lad, but the softest dog going! Thanks for all the advice so far, means alot to me :)

Montyforever

Visit site
Two copies of letters confirming it is a dog friendly block have been found by two of my neighbours :D
Evidence there in black and white confirming that "individual dog owners leaving mess in the garden can be served an eviction notice" NOT whole blocks :D
Going to ring the housing officer today and ask for an appointment Monday to take them to her in person given the fact they have lost alot of paperwork for this case (also going to keep a million or so photocopies just in case!)

_GG_

Visit site
Two copies of letters confirming it is a dog friendly block have been found by two of my neighbours :D
Evidence there in black and white confirming that "individual dog owners leaving mess in the garden can be served an eviction notice" NOT whole blocks :D
Going to ring the housing officer today and ask for an appointment Monday to take them to her in person given the fact they have lost alot of paperwork for this case (also going to keep a million or so photocopies just in case!)

AMEN!!! Take the originals and some photocopies. Show them the originals, but leave them with the photocopies and take the originals home.

That's fab news though, hopefully they'll just sort it out now and stop delaying. xx

Nudibranch

Visit site
What a lovely boy!

Just to say, have you made any contact with Shelter? They are pretty hardline at defending tenants' rights (having had them send me nasty letters as a landlord because a tenant trashed the house, stopped paying rent and then refused to leave then went whinging/lying to them to try and stop his eviction... not saying that's like you, just it shows that they are pretty good at getting into fights!!!).

Montyforever

Visit site
AMEN!!! Take the originals and some photocopies. Show them the originals, but leave them with the photocopies and take the originals home.

That's fab news though, hopefully they'll just sort it out now and stop delaying. xx

Will do :) given these letters "don't exist" in the first place going to make sure I've always got a copy to hand!

What a lovely boy!

Just to say, have you made any contact with Shelter? They are pretty hardline at defending tenants' rights (having had them send me nasty letters as a landlord because a tenant trashed the house, stopped paying rent and then refused to leave then went whinging/lying to them to try and stop his eviction... not saying that's like you, just it shows that they are pretty good at getting into fights!!!).

Thanks :) haven't made any contact with them, but another avenue to try if i need to so thank you!

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
I just want to reiterate GG's point - take the original paperwork to show them, but take it back with you and leave them with a photocopy. :)

*Whinney*

Visit site
What an absolute farce by your housing society!

Great advice been given and as GG said do not take on the problem tenant, what if she then takes an harassment case against you and the other tenants?!

Keep a record of everything, who you speak to, what they say, time and date.

Good luck.

A thought I had was can you and your other good tenants club together for one of those motion triggered trail cameras? This one is £51 so if there are 5 of you for about £12 each (inc. shipping) you could get one of these. It has a large memory and night vision.

Trail Cameras

With an astounding seven months of battery life, a quick trigger speed and up to 32GB of memory, our new trail cameras are the industry's preeminent blend of dependability and value. With 3 innovative models to choose from, there's an option for any budget. The motion-activated sensor has a range of up to 45 feet, and afterdark images are captured from up to 45 feet, with infrared night vision LEDs that are virtually invisible to game.

This year, keep your eye on the trails 24/7 with some of the best-priced, best-performing cameras on the market.

Features
Infraed Red LED night vision
3 to 7 MP images
Video mode
Rugged and field-ready

http://www.sailsmarine.com/ItemDetail.aspx?c=165853&l=g&cc=GB#.U9y1NiqF-lY

Montyforever

Visit site
Good news :) my mum and neighbour took the letters in today and spoke to the guy who originally made it a dog block. He said as far as he's concerned there's no problems and we should be able to keep our dogs. He's also given us a nuisance diary to record all dodgy neighbour incidents and one for the other 4 residents too and will be treating her case separately :) i think they are quite happy to build up the existing case against her!
Wont hold my breath until i receive the letter to say that but fingers crossed. He also admitted there is a huge muck up with the paperwork somewhere along the line and he will be looking into that and sending out letters of apology :) big thankyou to everyone that's offered advice so far, been so helpful x

_GG_

Visit site
Good news :) my mum and neighbour took the letters in today and spoke to the guy who originally made it a dog block. He said as far as he's concerned there's no problems and we should be able to keep our dogs. He's also given us a nuisance diary to record all dodgy neighbour incidents and one for the other 4 residents too and will be treating her case separately :) i think they are quite happy to build up the existing case against her!
Wont hold my breath until i receive the letter to say that but fingers crossed. He also admitted there is a huge muck up with the paperwork somewhere along the line and he will be looking into that and sending out letters of apology :) big thankyou to everyone that's offered advice so far, been so helpful x

Ah, that's fab news! :)

Spudlet

Visit site
Late to this, but the Dogs Trust were doing some campaigning on getting rented accommodation to allow pets (alongside Shelter, I think). Might be worth giving them a call too, even though it seems to have been sorted as this would be a good case study for them I think (anonymised of course).