** URGENT Dog not well**

BallyJ

Visit site
Really not sure what's happened. Something quite traumatic happened Wednesday, but that was out in the field not in the office. The only thing I can think is the mood of our office dropped suddenly?

Police, ambulance etc arrived but again the dogs didn't see this?

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
Dogs pick up on stress (see Skinnydipper's research posts on the subject from yesterday!) and many tiny cues which would be imperceptible to humans - I'd say that's probably the reason. Plus their hearing and sense of smell is gazillions of times stronger than ours - they don't have to see something to be badly impacted by it.

meleeka

Visit site
My dog suddenly started acting like this at home overnight . It was a mystery, until we smelt something odd under the stairs. The electrical wires had all melted! The wiring issue was fixed and the dog was back to normal. I think he could smell it long before we could and was aware something was wrong. Dogs are far more perceptive than we are.

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Many years ago one of our dogs started refusing to go in the kitchen. No matter how much we tried she hated being in there and would always get out at the first opportunity. A couple of weeks later the cooker stopped working, electrician diagnosed a fault in the wiring but said we were lucky as it was quite likely the cooker would have been intermittently live. As soon as the cooker was removed the dog was happy to go back in the kitchen, whether she had had a shock from it or just sensed something who knows, but it seems she was aware there was something wrong. It might be worth checking any electrical appliances in the office, she could just be aware of something you are not.

Books'n'dogs

Visit site
As others have pointed out, dogs do not need to see something traumatic to be affected by it. A few years there was a truly horrific double murder/kidnapping of a minor girl in my area, it was months before the victim was found and the perpetrator brought to justice; for several weeks following the original incident my dogs were extremely edgy, barking and growling at the slightest sound out of the ordinary, there's no way to prove that their behavior was directly related to the tragedy but it would take a lot to convince me it wasn't.